Organix ever straight brazilian keratin therapy 'poo, condish + other products

Hello all!

I have a question for you guys. Has anyone ever used any of the non-treatment products in the Organix brazilian keratin therapy line? I know that people on here have just raved about their 30-day + 14-day treatment, and that several curly-haired youtube gurus are in love with their other products, but I'm more interested in their shampoo, conditioner, masque, serum and oil.

Here's the info for all the products, off of their official site:

shampoo + conditioner:
brazilian keratin therapy

bkt_shampoo_0.jpg

bkt_conditioner_0.jpg

An alluring blend of antioxidant rich cocoa nut oil along with lush keratin proteins to strengthen and soften the hair, while organic avocado oil and cocoa butter smooth the cuticle for straight, strong, tresses, adding a brilliant glow and luminescent shine. This rich sulfate and sodium chloride free formula smooths and strengthens your curly or wavy tresses.

Breakage Serum:

bkt_anit-breakage-serum.jpg

Transform your hair into silky smooth locks with this exclusive blend of antioxidant rich organic coconut oil along with rich keratin proteins that infuse to strengthen the hair, while organic avocado oils and cocoa butter smooth the cuticle for straight, strong tresses. Organix Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Anti-Breakage Serum prevents breakage and keeps your locks glossy with a healthy looking glow.

Hydrating Keratin Masque:

bkt_masque_0.jpg

A creamy blend of cocoa butter and keratin proteins drench each strand with moisture while avocado oil and coconut oil reduce frizz, add illuminating shine and lasting smoothness. The rich Brazilian coconut oils and fortifying keratin give a luxurious, salon-style deep conditioning treatment that smoothes, straightens and adds sensational shine.

Shimmering Keratin Oil:

bkt_shimmering-oil_0.jpg

A luster-enhancing blend of coconut oil and nourishing keratin proteins heals and softens, while rich avocado oil and cocoa butter smooth tresses, adding a brilliant glow and an all over veil of luminescent shine. This rich, weightless mist tames fly-aways, instantly hydrates and adds shine for a glistening radiant glow.

~~~~~~~~

Also, in their FAQ, they have this, stating that all their products are sulfate and paraben free:
Do Organix® products contain sulfates?
No, Organix® products use a unique sulfate free surfactant. They contain no lauryl or laureth sulfates.
Do Organix® shampoos and conditioners contain parabens?
No, all Organix® shampoos and conditioners are paraben free.
Is Organix® safe for color treated and/or highlighted hair?
Yes, Organix® luxurious formulas won’t bleach out your hair color or highlights. They are gentle on color treated hair.
Are Organix® products tested on animals?
No, Organix® products are NOT tested on animals, and we proudly have this declaration on each and every bottle. Organix® does not initiate animal tests on either finished products or ingredients whether directly or indirectly. All ingredients used are carefully monitored. All suppliers are requested to confirm that their materials have not been tested on animals. Ingredients which do not have this data supplied for them are not used in any products. Organix® is against the suffering endured by animals when ingredients and products are tested. We support suppliers and organizations that are developing alternative methods of testing without using animals.
Are Organix® products gluten free?
Yes, our entire Organix® line is gluten-free
Does Organix® contain animal by-products?
Yes, some of our shampoos and conditioners do contain animal by-products such as keratin derived from sheep wool and whipped egg white proteins. Our products also contain silk amino acids, but the silk is extracted naturally. For an animal free product I would recommend the hydrating teatree mint or the rejuvenating cherry blossom ginseng shampoos and conditioners, but please keep in mind that while they are animal by-product free, they still contain the silk and then that would be a matter of your personal preference.
~~

The reason I am not interested in the treatment is simply because I doubt that I am allowed. *shrugs* parents- what can you do?

I look forward to your insight! :p

Comments

• possiblyshrinkingpossiblyshrinking Posts: 25Registered Users
    Any opinions? :thumbleft:
    *waits impatiently*
  • morningstarmorningstar Posts: 144Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Hi possiblyshrinking!
    I have used the organix keratin shampoo, condish, and serum. I think I bought them all at Ulta when they had a sale. Anyways, I actually don't like any of the products that I used from the keratin line. Don't care for the smell and the serum was too heavy and just can't compare to others. I do however like and use the shampoos. Right now I am loving the passionfruit guava one. Conditioners are just so-so for my hair.
    3B dark brown shoulder length
    Co-wash, Living Proof No frizz, Biolage Gel, Giovanni vitapro fusion leave in
    Thank you, Morningstar! I actually did a bit of research and found that basically all of their conditioners are not so good...Though people tend to like the shampoos. Methinks I'll stick to my Live Clean- same price, better results!

I ran out and bought the treatment today- My debating skills managed to win the parental units over. I'll try it on the weekend and see how it goes! :wink: Hopefully it works well- if not, then oh well!
  • curlisue1curlisue1 Posts: 494Registered Users Curl Novice
    I tried the conditioner when I co-wash and it was not moisturizing enough for my hair. But then I started using it as a leave in and I'm getting great defined curls. I first put in a little suave coconut conditioner in and scrunch out some water. Then put the organix conditioner in and scrunch more, then my gel.
    Thank you! I'll be sure to keep that in mind! :):)
  • SexychocolateSexychocolate Posts: 55Registered Users
    I bought the Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy that the women on youtube are raven about and put it in my hair last night. It did nothing for my hair as far as smoothing or relaxing the curl. I believe is just another keratin treatment and salons and people are using it with high high heat, which you are not suppose to do, to get straight hair. And, others or using it on processed hair that has some form of a curl. Personally, I have not had any processing done to my hair in over 10 months, and it is nappy:pirat: this did nothing for smoothing alone. I did one section with a curling iron and it naturally curled and looked smooth, but it did not have any shine...sheen, whatever. I was not happy with the straight look, so I completed the other parts of my head and sat under my portable dryer, and left it natural. The product alone, did not smooth my hair at all. It just left this film on it, that you could only know by touching it. I still had to use my gels, and water to comb the kinks. So, whatever these salons are using in these cities, and selling to these women for 200 to 600 hundred dollars to relax their curls is a chemical process, thats the only way it can be achieved. A keratin treatment is a keratin treatment, whether its in a liquid form or a lotion, its just a keratin treatment. So, don't believe the hipp, its a scam. And, yes the smell is annoying because its only been 8 hours since I put this in and I want to wash this stuff out, it smells. Its not a real bad smell, its overpowering, and annoying. I'm going to call my stylist today, and get the real deal on this stuff. But, that is my experience. The Shampoo is amazing though. Conditioner...I was not happy with, not thick enough for me, and not moisturizing enough.
  • SexychocolateSexychocolate Posts: 55Registered Users
    shampoo + conditioner:

Just got off the phone with my stylist, and she is not happy. I told her what I did last night, and the fact that it didn't relax my curls or locs or kinks. Well, this stuff is just for straighten the hair with heat. Thats what she said. So, I will have to see her this Saturday, so she can look at my hair. I absolutely do not want straight hair. I am bored to death with straight hair. My ex wants to see me in straight hair, but I'm not interested in that look. I am tired of frying my hair.

bkt_shampoo_0.jpg

bkt_conditioner_0.jpg

bkt_anit-breakage-serum.jpg

bkt_masque_0.jpg

bkt_shimmering-oil_0.jpg

• apaquetapaquet Posts: 8Registered Users
    Hi all!

I recently came back to college after thanksgiving break only to realize that I HAD LEFT ALL OF MY HAIR CARE ITEMS AT HOME!. Oh no! What do I do?

I went to the nearest CVS when I got the chance and picked up the Organix Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy shampoo and conditioner.
    When I first used it I new something was different with the shampoo, it was making my hair very sticky and hard to comb through in the shower. I've had a keratin treatment before and it reminded me of how the clarifying shampoo felt. Anyway, I put the conditioner in and combed it through and left it in for the 3-5 mins it says. I got out of the shower, threw some Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment in and some Catwalk mouse in and let if dry for many hours.

The Results:
    I did have much less curly hair. I normally have 3a/3b hair and now it was much straighter on the top and very loose, but fluffy, curls on the bottom (close to a 2b I guess). I've used it a few more times and I hate the way the shampoo works but I don't have the time to go home to get my hair stuff (I use the entire Deva_Curl line).
    I don't know if I like it or not, I do like that it is straighter and softer but I have read terrible reviews online.
    I think it is key that you leave the conditioner in for the full 3-5 minutes.

Let me know what happens if you do end up trying it

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file