Evening Showers?

rach97rach97 Posts: 21Registered Users
Ok, so I currently shower in the morning, and air dry. I can't plop because it gives me some weirdly shaped curls. My problem is that my hair takes hours to dry. Like it doesn't dry until my third hour. Maybe evening showers? I am really stuck here because I can't diffuse either(wayyy to much frizz!) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
:happy3: 3a (more 2c-ish in the winter), coarse, thick
Co-wash: Suave Coconut,
Rinse Out: Suave Coconut (my hair does better with light, chepo conditioners:hello2:)
Leave In: No leave-in during winter
Gel: No gel during winter
!

event.png

Comments

• SayoonSayoon Posts: 432Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hmm I dnt think evening shower will help from my experience my hair looked disgusting no frizz but weighed dwn weird curls n the sides of my hair were squashed from sleeping with hair still wet.. Srsly u dnt want that
  • rach97rach97 Posts: 21Registered Users
    Well I ment that as more of that I take a shower earlyevning/late afternoon and wait to dry, then pineapple?
    Rinse Out: Suave Coconut (my hair does better with light, chepo conditioners:hello2:)
    !

event.png
  • favoritecolorblufavoritecolorblu Posts: 287Registered Users
    rach97 wrote: »
    Well I ment that as more of that I take a shower earlyevning/late afternoon and wait to dry, then pineapple?

Do you wash your hair everytime you shower? Maybe you could wash only every few days. Or get a microfiber towel and scrunch out some of the water so it won't be dripping wet that way it can dry faster. :)
  • wholelottalovewholelottalove Posts: 168Registered Users
    I'm the same as you, my hair takes forever. And yes, I usually do take evening showers, mostly because I'm too lazy in the morning. Plus I have more time to deep condition.
    3a
    medium/thick
    Loves protein and oils

Low-poo: MopTop gentle shampoo
    Co-wash: CJDF, Jessicurl Aloeba
    RO: Jessicurl Too Shea, MopTop daily conditioner, CJ rehab, CJ strengthening
    LI: ^^^
    DT: Jessicurl WDT, SS Deeply Decadent
    PT: SS protein treatment, Ouidad 12 min
    Oils: argan, sweet almond, jessicurl oil blend
    Stylers: SS firm hold, SS curl enhancing jelly, Kiss My Face Upper Management gel, AG Recoil
  • Aussie_DogAussie_Dog Posts: 27Registered Users
    I, too, live on the lazy side of life and don't put more forth more work than I need to (for pretty much anything, lol). So I tend to shower the night before and plop while I sleep. Plus side: I get more time to sit on the computer while I wait for my clothes to dry in the dryer, before I start getting ready for work. On the other hand, I'm finding that plopping makes my hair a little frizzy and funny looking, at least sometimes. When I air-dry, it just looks nicer.

So, when I can, when I get home from work, I may take my shower right away. But only if I have at least 4 hours before I should get to bed. I'll wash, put in a little bit of product, then I'll plop for about 15 minutes. Then I add in a little more product (and scrunch scrunch scrunch) and let it air dry. By the time I go to bed, it looks pretty decent, but I don't scrunch out the gel-cast. I just do a pineapple (sometimes I put up the excess hair, so I don't roll around on it while I sleep, and sometimes I leave it be and hope for the best). In the morning, I let it loose and spend the next hour letting my hair settle into it's natural arrangement. I'm finding, though, that sometimes the locks near my face (the ones that sprout from my temple area, mainly) tend to be straight-ish and they sprout out from my head kind of dramatically. Still fiddling with methods on fixing that (spritzing it liberally with lavender water, adding a teeny bit of mousse, and scrunching)
    Some people are like slinkies... Not really good for anything, but
    you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
  • oh.hi.its.stephoh.hi.its.steph Posts: 640Registered Users
    I always shower at night, usually around 7 or 8 then go to bed around 11 or midnight. At that point my hair isn't 100% dry, but isn't dripping. :) I find that I get 2nd and 3rd and even 4th day hair as long as I don't toss and turn too much! Pineappling helps a lot too :)
    whurly girly (2C/3A).
    thick; medium/coarse; low porosity.
    hair that is drier than the sahara desert.

LOW-POO: Renpure Organics
    CO: L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner
    RO: Renpure Keratin Conditioner. New HG!
    LI: L'Oreal EverSleek Humidity-Defying LI Creme
    Styling: SM Curl Milk, Argan Oil for sealing, sometimes GFPC Gel, some honey for hold, TIGI Control Freak Serum!!
  • rach97rach97 Posts: 21Registered Users
    well, actually, i decided to give another go at overnight plopping, and it turned out really well, it might be my new gel......... really glad I decided to buy it!:tongue8:
    !

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file