Newbie, looking for some help!

So I think I have 2c/3aFii normal porosity. I can't seem to figure out elasticity. It gets fairly frizzy, especially in the rainy climate I live in :(

There is just so many different possibilities out there when it comes to products, and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. And I have no idea which ones are any good at all (or which ones to stay away from), or which ones are good for my hair type. I do know about the no sulfate, and no silicone thing though.

I would love product recommendations for co wash, conditioner, leave in, and lo poo, preferably available at a drug store like wallgreens, and low price!

Thank you so much

Comments

• vanillalushvanillalush Posts: 31Registered Users
    I'm sorry that I don't have much to suggest to you as I'm new at this myself, and in the midst of finding the right products that work for my hair. Have you tried pure coconut oil? I use it as a conditioner and it works great.
    2b, loose waves (wish my hair were curlier!)
    Medium-coarse
    Low porosity

Previously dyed and chemically straightened
    Currently trying out no-poo (Started on 28/11/2011)
    Coconut oil as conditioner
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm about 3 weeks into CG and I completely relate to feeling overwhelmed by all of the choices. So I've been playing with lots of products. I'm 2c/3a with thick normal-high porosity hair. I can't recommend a drugstore low-poo, only because I have a ton of DC Low-Poo still sitting in my shower. I've found that Suave Naturals and Kinky Curly Knot Today both work well for me as a co-wash. A lot of people like Tresemme Naturals for a rinse out conditioner, but I found that I prefer Garnier Fructisse Triple Nourish instead (my ends can get very dry and frizzy and the GF feels a bit richer). I also use it as a leave in. HTH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • Curly_chiliCurly_chili Posts: 9Registered Users
    Thank you so much! I need to try that garnier one! I happened to find conditioner sitting in my basement that happened to be CG, but it is more of a co wash consistency.
  • SimplySophiaSimplySophia Posts: 54Registered Users
    I'm pretty new myself and though I know about the CG method I haven't started it yet.

I've heard that the Organix line of shampoos and conditioners is amazing on curly hair and I know they don't contain sulfates. I used the coconut one for a while and my hair loved it(:
    Type -3a/3b
    Cleanser-KCCC
    Condtioner-KCKT
    Products- Herbal Essences TT Mousse

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file