We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Made myself a Fotki Album today!

BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
I spent way too much time on this today, but if anyone is interested in seeing my hair grow, check it out. 8)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Frizz Happens!
my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!

Comments

• lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    WOW! Such a huge difference!! My personal favorite was pic #17 and then again #25 with that long thick coil! :D Although I think you should have the DT pic in your sig line. :lol:
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • SYBSYB Posts: 305Registered Users
    In your album you can definitely get a clear view of your hair's progression. I love looking at all of your hair pics, but the ones from October to December are quite impressive, I must say! Your hair looks absolutely perfect in those pics!
    "Curls Tester"
    Products in my current regime: Nioxin Scalp Therapy Shampoo, ORS Replenishing Pak, Curls Whipped Cream, Curls Souffle, Curls Spiral Curls Cream, Curls Milkshake, Curls Quenched, BB(Bonner Brothers) Growth Lotion
  • DolphinCurlsDolphinCurls Posts: 370Registered Users
    You have gorgeous curls
    3A/2C combination of ringlets and waves :nike:
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    thank you, everyone.

sometimes I think it doesn't grow, but when you look back a couple of years, you can really see that it has.

Lush, maybe that DT pic will be my next AV! :D I look like a spaceman!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    Your hair is just getting better and better looking! Are you growing it out to a specific length?
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
    medusahair wrote:
    Your hair is just getting better and better looking! Are you growing it out to a specific length?

Thanks. I must admit, I am beginning to actually like my hair & the curls. It's definitely not your run-of-the-mill hair (at least not where I live).

I haven't decided how long. I do know that I want to get this shortest layer grown out. I'd like for it to be long enough I could pull all of my hair back into a low pony tail. I'm almost there except for the front bang area. I can't ever imagine me making it to BSL, though, without cutting it shorter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

• hockeymomof3hockeymomof3 Posts: 2,159Registered Users
    Your hair looks great!! Very healthy! :)
    3b/a
    Cowash - No Poo
    Conditioner - One Condition
    Gel - Light Defining Gel

Looking to try Devacurl Decadence line next! Can't wait to try it.
  • embudiniembudini Posts: 580Registered Users
    Your hair is gorgeous! If you don't mind me asking, what products are you using now?
    PW: ihaveafotki :toothy2:
    Fotki UPDATED! 12-14-2007
    3A-3B layered-longer-than-shoulder-length-not-really-CG
    Former Tween Scene Columnist
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    What an amazing transformation! You have such gorgeous curls that I want to beat you for getting the thermal in the first place. :lol: And what's really cool is that as your hair gets curlier, you look younger, healthier, and happier. Curls really suit you!
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • Girlie GirlGirlie Girl Posts: 8Registered Users
    WOW!

Now this is encouraging for a newbie! I am still learning. I am experimenting with products right now. Have used Deva, Jessicurl and HE Twisted so far.

What products do you use? Do you air dry or diffuse? I must diffuse or my hair will never dry, but I am having problems getting my bangs to stay out of my face.

Haven't figured out what hair length suits me, so this post was of interest to check out.
    Your hair looks great!! Very healthy! :)

thank you.

Now if I could just tame the amateur hair colorist in me. I'm trying to make myself wait 8 weeks before I color again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

embudini wrote:
    Your hair is gorgeous! If you don't mind me asking, what products are you using now?

Thanks.

(I cut this from another post I posted)

I wish I had kept better track of what I put in my hair. My routine is usually simple, though, and for most of those pics, I was probably doing the CG method with an occasional shampoo.

My favorite pic is Oct. 2006 and I know what I had in my hair that day: I conditioned with Activate Hydrating CO and scrunched in Kiss My Face Upper Management gel.

As for the November - December ones, I'm going to guess I was probably using Desert Essence Hydrating Shea Butter Co with either the Upper Management Gel or the Herbal Essences Body Envy gel.

The way my hair behaves has a lot to do with the weather.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

Bailey422 wrote:
    What an amazing transformation! You have such gorgeous curls that I want to beat you for getting the thermal in the first place. :lol:

You know what's so funny. I didn't know how curly my hair was. I spent the majority of my life thinking that I had to brush my hair. Everybody brushes their hair, right? I never thought I could grow my hair long because every time I tried, it looked so bushy. In order to manage my hair, I kept it short and layered (aka "feathered;" it was the 80's) and blow dried it each day. I should find an old pic of me. I never had hair long enough for a pony tail.

When the opportunity came to get my hair thermally straightened, I jumped at it. I grew my hair out for two years that way.

So long story short, I didn't have "gorgeous curls" when I got it straightened. At least I didn't know I had them.
    And what's really cool is that as your hair gets curlier, you look younger, healthier, and happier. Curls really suit you!

Well, to be fair, I had trouble finding pics of me with straight hair and the ones I found were not the most flattering. To be honest, I loved my hair straight. Even so, I don't think I will ever go back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

WOW!

Now this is encouraging for a newbie! I am still learning. I am experimenting with products right now. Have used Deva, Jessicurl and HE Twisted so far.

What products do you use? Do you air dry or diffuse? I must diffuse or my hair will never dry, but I am having problems getting my bangs to stay out of my face.

Haven't figured out what hair length suits me, so this post was of interest to check out.

I appreciate the "WOW". <smile>

I posted above about products.

I diffuse almost every day, probably to about 80% dry. I don't like going out in public with wet hair.

good luck on keeping your bangs out of your face. I have a couple of curls that insist on hanging in my face most of the time. Bobby pins can help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

Brio, you and MH have enabled my pj to get the KMF UM gel today. It was only $4.50 on sale! I'm dying to try it and hopefully it gives me the same great results! :D I'm just kicking myself that I didn't get the last bottle, as there were only 2 left, but since I didn't know how it would work.... I hid the last bottle anyway. :lol: :oops:
    I wore this gel yesterday. Lovely stuff. If you use a lighter condish under it you get stronger hold, heavier condish I got some medium hold. It all looked natural after I scrunched it out.
    You are so lucky I could just spit at the prices I paid here. I paid twice that grrrrrrrrrrr but then I was just glad I could find it local.

Boy I tell you you're living a PJ dream right now aren't you? :D
    2c/3a?
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

Oh yeah, pj dream now, savings nightmare later. :lol:
    hmm savings? That's what I call playing the lottery hehehehahaha
    I only get to go nuts once sometimes if lucky twice a year and just buy hair products without trading or selling my soul. I'm not going to feel guilty about it. But if you hear my stomach growling from the states you know my hair looks good!
    2c/3a?

Well, that's one good thing about living over there for now, I certainly save money on hair products because I can't find any good ones to buy! Oh sure, they have all the upper brands, but none of the CG stuff. :evil:
    lushaholic wrote:
    Brio, you and MH have enabled my pj to get the KMF UM gel today. It was only $4.50 on sale! I'm dying to try it and hopefully it gives me the same great results! :D I'm just kicking myself that I didn't get the last bottle, as there were only 2 left, but since I didn't know how it would work.... I hid the last bottle anyway. :lol: :oops:

Wow! You got a deal!

If this Joico Mousse thing doesn't give me lots of "oooohs" and "ahhhhhhs", I'm seriously thinking about going back to this stuff. I kinda miss it. I just heard so much about this mousse, I caved in. I like the BE, too, but now that I've had some time to ponder, I think the Upper Management stuff is better for me.

I've got a bushel of different gels sitting in my bathroom. I have got to use them up!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,572Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Wow! Your hair is really growing and getting curlier as it gets longer! I love your pic 22 (? -avatar pic). Now that your hair is longer, I can see such great curl formation! I think our hair looks very similar now. Another hair twin? :D

Thanks for updating your album. It's an inspiration. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
    CurliLocks wrote:
    Wow! Your hair is really growing and getting curlier as it gets longer! I love your pic 22 (? -avatar pic). Now that your hair is longer, I can see such great curl formation! I think our hair looks very similar now. Another hair twin? :D

Thanks for updating your album. It's an inspiration. :)

Yay for hair twins!

Yeah, my AV is a crop of pic 22.

And thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

curly g wrote:
    Your hair looks fantastic, thank you for sharing those pics

You are so welcome. It was sorta fun looking back over the last year and a half or so.

Welcome to NC.com!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

Brio, how much of the KMF gel are you using? I've tried it twice now, each time with 2 big globs of gel (about a pingpong ball size), and I love the feel of the gel but I'm just not getting any hold from it at all. :( I guess I can try using even more, or adding some harder hold gel to it. I know the longer my hair gets the harder it is for any styling product to give good hold for all the length. I've suspected my hair didn't like aloe before, but I hope that isn't the case with this gel because otherwise I do like it.
  • lunarisinglunarising Posts: 71Registered Users
    Brio said
    You know what's so funny. I didn't know how curly my hair was. I spent the majority of my life thinking that I had to brush my hair. Everybody brushes their hair, right? I never thought I could grow my hair long because every time I tried, it looked so bushy.

What can I say but absolutely! The reason I spent long agonising years chemically relaxing my hair is because I picked it out with a wide tooth comb after washing, so ended up with a lovely poodle do :roll:

Now I'm seeing pretty 3c curls and working towards being 100% natural as soon as I can :)

You have such lovely curls, Brio, thank you for sharing your curl journey hug
    event.png

Modified CG - Suave coconut conditioner (CW), BC Down and Out, and and Aussie MM conditioner my current loves.
    lushaholic wrote:
    Brio, how much of the KMF gel are you using? I've tried it twice now, each time with 2 big globs of gel (about a pingpong ball size), and I love the feel of the gel but I'm just not getting any hold from it at all. :( I guess I can try using even more, or adding some harder hold gel to it. I know the longer my hair gets the harder it is for any styling product to give good hold for all the length. I've suspected my hair didn't like aloe before, but I hope that isn't the case with this gel because otherwise I do like it.

I don't use that much, probably only 1/2 to 1/3 of that amount.

Compared to other gels, though, I probably do use more of this stuff.

Does your hair dry crunchy with the KMF? My hair does, but when I scrunch it out, I get hold, yet it feels as if I have no product in my hair at all. This stuff makes my hair feel super soft yet the curls last most all day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

lunarising wrote:
    Brio said
    You know what's so funny. I didn't know how curly my hair was. I spent the majority of my life thinking that I had to brush my hair. Everybody brushes their hair, right? I never thought I could grow my hair long because every time I tried, it looked so bushy.

What can I say but absolutely! The reason I spent long agonising years chemically relaxing my hair is because I picked it out with a wide tooth comb after washing, so ended up with a lovely poodle do :roll:

Now I'm seeing pretty 3c curls and working towards being 100% natural as soon as I can :)

You have such lovely curls, Brio, thank you for sharing your curl journey hug

You are so very welcome.

It's quite liberating to finally let go and let your curls do what they want.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!

• krispykrispy Posts: 320Registered Users
    just wanted to throw in my 2 cents and say what Beautiful , stunning, gorgeous, should I go on ... :lol: hair you have!!! My hair is kinda similar to yours, but nowhere near as shiny (I use BSRHG), and my side part doesn't fall as nicely as yours, but I'm trying to grow it out. But enough about me, your hair is fabulous!!!! I remember using KMF UM gel before , but it wasn' remarkable. maybe I should try again???? anyway, kudos to you and your hair!!!!
    2c/3a

Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace

Best combo so far:
    SheaMosture Curl and shine milk , Ouidad heat and humidity gel
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    That was one of my favorite album viewings here. It was great to see the chronological progressionn. 17 and 25 were my favorites, and I appreciate #4 as we have all had bad haircuts.

I also liked seeing how 3A can start out less curly and get curlier as it lengthens. Mine is sort of the opposite, so it's fun to see the reverse.

I really like your eye color too.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file