help with new bob cut!

lappel1lappel1 Posts: 24Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Hi! I have pretty thin curly hair that I've been trying to grow out for awhile, but it never looks right, so I decided to cut it off. So now I have a bob which is supercute but I'm having trouble figuring out how to wear it most days. I tried wearing it curly but my top layer is like ringlets and the bottom layer was really straight so it looked pretty weird. I'd love if i could get it wavy- does anyone have any products or technique tips?? Again, it's pretty thin, so I don't want anything too weighty...Thanks!!

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My hair is fine and low porosity. I use minute amounts of really rich products--and they don't weigh my hair down, at all. I do at least one PT a week and use a lot of products with protein. It really helps tighten curl and reduce frizz.

I have to be careful with how my inverted bob is cut. If the angle is too extreme, my hair looks "stringy." When I was younger, my hair was dense; however, thyroid and medication have really thinned it.

I started on nc.com as a winter wavy/summer 3a. My stylist of 30 years never thought my hair would curl when he cut the stack so short--but it does! It's about the product and technique I've learned here! Now my hair looks like my signature picture all year around.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file