CurlTalk

Moisturize 3 times a day??

peaches095peaches095 Posts: 82Registered Users
Is Moisturizing natural hair 3 times a day too much cuz I find that when I'm out the shower,my hair gets really dry when I don't wash it.so,I do it in the morning,middle of day,and.night

Sent from my HERO200 using CurlTalk App

Comments

• FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    i dont think so, i think you gotta see for your self how much you need to do, i used to do it three times a day as well, but now i only do it twice, i dont think i need the third time. so i cut it out :)

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • happynappyhappyhappynappyhappy Posts: 122Registered Users
    Me too I get up in the mooring put mositizer in my with oil to lock it in but by the time I get to work my hair dry agin .then when I get home I do the same thing,and at bed time. That almost four times a day even thought only putting mostizer in three times a day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using CurlTalk App
    4a in the top of my head/3c in the back of my head
    Last relaxer July 1st ,2011 :happy2:
    Big chop September 30th ,2011 :angry5:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FNaturalafrochick%3Ffeature%3Dguide" class="Popup
    follow me on twitter @Naturalafrochic

showing off my twa for now!!

uawe6vf1c.png
    ziwjh0re4.png
    Coconut oil seem to solve my dry issues w Carls daughter hair milk org formula

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FNaturalafrochick%3Ffeature%3Dguide" class="Popup

uawe6vf1c.png
    ziwjh0re4.png
    Bump

uawe6vf1c.png
    ziwjh0re4.png
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    i usually dont have to moiturize this much. if my hair is dry its time for deep moisterizing condish
  • naturalnewbnaturalnewb Posts: 193Registered Users
    I moisturize my hair about 2 or 3 times per week--but then again, I wear twistouts most of the time. I'm assuming that if I wore more wash n gos during the winter, I might have to moisturize a bit more often...although 3 times per day seems extreme.

You didn't leave information about your regimen or the products you use, but I would try experimenting and seeing if there is a product (or ingredient) that may not be working well for you in this weather.
  • curlyberrycurlyberry Posts: 549Registered Users
    Sometimes I'll have weeks where my hair just gets so dry every couple of hours in a day. It's annoying having to refresh it so often. Last week was a great hair week because I only had to moisturize twice a day. But this week I tried a new leave-in conditioner that I think may be the reason for why my hair has been dry this whole time.

I think later today after my exam I'm just going to deep condition and moisturize/seal with my usual stuff. The leave-in that probably made my hair dry has veggie glycerin as the second ingredient, so that may have been the reason for all the dryness this week.
    Type 4, fine/high density, high porosity
    Last Relaxer - March '11
    BC - August '11

Fall/Winter PRODUCTS

Clarifier - Paul Mitchell Three Low-poos - BoBeam Conditioners - TJ Nourish Spa, CJRM!, Co-Wash - N/A, Leave-Ins - N/A, Moisturizers - Afroveda Coco Latte, QBCTDG, CR Moisture Butter, Sealants/Stylers - Any BASK butters and creams, Jane Carter N&S, QBATB