pics of my hair / tips wanted - Desperate :(

CurlyKate290CurlyKate290 Posts: 14Registered Users
Here are some pictures of my hair.
I have been growing it out for the last four years. literally. It was to my shoulders when I was a senior in highschool and now I'm a senior in college, and that's as far as it's grown! When I was a sophomore in highschool it was past the middle of my back so I know that it has the ability to grow longer! I know i've damaged it with dying blonde but I've been leaving it alone and using things like deep conditioners, argan oil from redken, etc. I take biotin and a multivitamin. If anyone can help me PLEASE DO, i want long hair really bad!
thanks!
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Comments

• chicabellezachicabelleza Posts: 82Registered Users
    It may sound counterproductive, but depending on the intensity of the damage, you may have to get it cut. This way your hair doesn't continue to break off if it's an issue of retaining instead of growing.

When hair breaks off, it doesn't leave a clean break, which will just lead to more breakage. But be patient, you'll get there. Are you babying you're ends? YouTube has nice updo tutorials.

Sent from my M865 using CurlTalk App
  • y0shiy0shi Posts: 55Registered Users
    I also thought trimming your hair would make it grow, but it's a myth! Yes, your hair would look and feel more healthy but it won't make ot grow. When you cut your ends, all you're doing is cutting something that is already dead. It has nothing to do with growth. Cutting your dead ends however, can prevent your hair from more damage, which is a plus.
  • Stormy1958Stormy1958 Posts: 99Registered Users
    y0shi wrote: »
    I also thought trimming your hair would make it grow, but it's a myth! Yes, your hair would look and feel more healthy but it won't make ot grow. When you cut your ends, all you're doing is cutting something that is already dead. It has nothing to do with growth. Cutting your dead ends however, can prevent your hair from more damage, which is a plus.

Chickabelleza did not say "cutting hair will make it grow"; she said cutting (Or trimming, depending on how damaged it is) will prevent more breakage, which I think is the case for CurlyKate. In this situation, retaining length sounds like the issue. I watched a friend refuse to get trims or cuts for months while she tried to grow her hair out. But she kept flat ironing and chemically treating it. It barely grew however because her hair just kept breaking off, when she combed shampooed, and slept on it. The ends were so dry, you could see it thinning out. When she finally went to our usual stylist, the stylist had to take a few inches off to give her a fresh start, it was that damaged.

I know ladies who do not trim or cut their hair whatsoever and that works for them, because they may not get single strand knots, flat iron, or chemically treat their hair so there is no need. Most of us however, do need an occasional trim, dusting or a Search & Destroy session (I can go about 7months before I need a dusting, I get single strand knots, which lead to tangles). My friend could have prevented a lot of her breakage by moisturizing her hair properly, wearing protective styles, eliminating the flat iron, and wearing a silk cap at night. Wearing a silk cap everynight is my current goal, I see a lot less breakage when I wear one.

Btw, CurlyKate your hair is soooo pretty
    "The reason most people never reach their goals is that they don't define them or ever seriously consider them as believable or achievable. Winners can tell you where they are going, what they plan to do, and who will be sharing the adventure with them." -Denis Watley

event.png
    *From Training*
  • y0shiy0shi Posts: 55Registered Users
    Oh lol you're right, my bad :P

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file