We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

I'm going to BC next week, YAY!

Runna4LifeRunna4Life Posts: 112Registered Users
I am so excited, but kind of scared at the same time because I am 17 and go to a school where I am the only black person. It's a small school and I've told basically everyone that I'm growing out my afro and they like the idea and want me to do it.

I am 6 weeks post a texturizer , but 4 months post a relaxer and have 1.5 inches of new growth stretched out and .5" unstretched. My hair is cottony, some parts are dry and some aren't, coily O shape strands to bent Z shapes, frizzy, thick, coarse, doesn't get wet easily: I think i fall under 4a/4b.

So, at first my mom was totally against me BC'ing and didn't want me to do until June 2 when I graduate high school, but now I have convinced her to let me BC next week. :) ;)

If anyone BC'd at 2-3 months post, can you please post some pictures? thank you.

And I need tips for after I BC. thank you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file