Curly girl with a curly son

lalamama78lalamama78 Posts: 3Registered Users
I stumbled across this amazing site after the styling product I had been using for my three year old was discontinued. Luckily for me I may now be able to tame my own hair!

I spent years straightening my hair before giving into my curls about a decade ago. I have had waist to hip length hair all my life, save for one disastrous cut in middle school. I still struggle with frizz due to very very fine hair (but lots of it) and curl definition due to the weight.

Now my son already has some of my issues. Cowlicks are an additional one that plagues him, been trying to find something to keep his curls nice but out of his face.

I have been using Iso for shampoo/conditioner/cream and Garnier Fructis volume/curl mousses. My son has been using J&J baby shampoo for curly hair and Garnier Fructis soft curl putty. He washes every other day and I wash once a week. But I am unhappy with a lot about our hair (see below for the frizz) so I am excited to start using new products and techniques for our curls!
Waist-length 3a/2a (depending lol) Hip-length stretched

Three year old son with the same just a little lighter and a little shorter :wink:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome lalamama! You'll find lots of good info here! It's fun to learn about new techniques and experiment with products! It sounds like you're off to a good start!
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • lalamama78lalamama78 Posts: 3Registered Users
    Thanks! After my crash course reading today we are going CG.

For me:
    Co-wash- Suave Naturals Coconut
    (will try the baking soda/apple cider vinegar rinse)
    Condition- Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
    Curl Cream- stay with my ISO Bouncy
    Style- depending on the day DevaCurl ArcAngel or Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Mousse
    2nd Day- DevaCurl Mist-er Right

For him:
    Wash- DevaCurl NoPoo
    Condition- Suave Naturals Coconut
    Curl Cream- ISO Bouncy
    Style- Kinky Curls Curl Custard Gel

Wish us luck!
    Waist-length 3a/2a (depending lol) Hip-length stretched

Three year old son with the same just a little lighter and a little shorter :wink:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Love that you're diving in so quickly! Good luck with the new routines... and keep us posted.

We're glad you've joined our community!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file