Paraben-free Sunscreen for Face?

pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
Is there such a thing? I've been looking without much luck. Any recommendations? I'm looking for something I don't have to purchase online (only).

Comments

• 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    Search Results The Vitamin Shoppe

I have found this in the Vitamin Shoppe and several health food stores.

Sephora: LAVANILA The Healthy Sun Screen SPF 40 Face Cream: Sun Protection

I have seen this in stores, but cannot vouch for it as I have not used it.

Sad to say that I can't think of any other ones off the top of my head, but I know they exist. If you find any more, could you post them up here?
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Posts: 2,098Registered Users
    Neutrogena® Pure & Free™ Liquid Daily Sunblock SPF 50
    Active Ingredients:
    Titanium Dioxide 5%, Zinc Oxide 3%

Inactive Ingredients:
    Water, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Trisiloxane, Dimethicone, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, PPG-12/SMDI Copolymer, Bisabolol, Magnesium Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, DMDM Hydantoin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT

I think it's paraben free
  • justajesuschickjustajesuschick Posts: 1,657Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I preferred one with no parabens, mineral oil nor cones. That was not easy. I also chose this one:
    Sephora: LAVANILA The Healthy Sun Screen SPF 40 Face Cream: Sun Protection
    I'm 47. Straight hair until 6/2010. THANKS, thyroid!
    2b, medium-fine, normal-low porosity, medium density and elasticity
    CG since 7/1/2010

Cleanse: Abba Color Protect
    Condition: DevaCurl OC
    LI: CJ-Deep Fix, Beauticurls LI
    Curl Enhancer: CHS Curl Keeper, KCCC
    Gel: Alba Strong Hold Gel, BRHG, Hugo Naturals Gel, SS FHG, CJPP
    Trying/Maybe: Ecostyler, CJRM
  • pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thank you for the suggestions! I'm going to the mall this weekend so I think I may stop by Sephora. I went through all the ingredients on the rest of my products (make-up, skin care, hair products) and found out my facial cleanser and body lotion also have parabens. Ugh...I love my cleanser (C.O. Bigelow Vitamin C). :(
  • coricourtcoricourt Posts: 31Registered Users
    It's not cheap, but I swear by Burnout. Not only does it not have parabens, it's a totally non-chemical sunscreen. You can find studies showing that chemical sunscreens might be worse than not using anything if you Google it!

With Burnout, I put on my daily moisturizer (I'm currently using one from Aubrey Organics), let it absorb for a few minutes, and then apply Burnout. If I feel like putting on makeup, I'll do a little bronzer over the Burnout, and some blush. I have tried so many sunscreens and they all either didn't absorb or left a greasy feel. This one goes on smooth and is not at all greasy. It's my HG!!

BurnOut sunscreen, spf lip balm. Chemical-free, zinc oxide sunscreens.

They have it at some Whole Foods. Or call the Burnout guys to see which stores near you carry their product.

HTH!
    3a, fine+med textures; med dens (ii); low porosity; nrml elasticity; frizz; protein sens.
    CG since Sept '11

Products:
    NO sulfates, cones, parabens
    Co-wash- Desert Essences Frag Free
    Condish- Acure Lemongrass or AO Blue Camomile
    DT- Jessicurl
    Styling- AOMM + KCCC or Alaffia BeautCurls Shea LI+KCCC
    Extras- wkly ACV, br sug scrub for scalp issues
    Techniques:
    scrunch in prods to soaking wet hair (no combing), flour sack dry, clip roots, air dry, SOTC
  • CAT301CAT301 Posts: 40Registered Users
    I use Burnout too. Burnout Kids in particular. To me it feels a little tacky though, especially when I put a liquid foundation over it. I have to use a powder foundation, i.e. Mac Mineralize Skinfinish, or a small amount of primer between Burnout & Foundation.
  • pinksugarpinksugar Posts: 2,346Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I never made it to the mall but plan on going to Whole Foods & Sephora today. I wish I could get samples before buying. I tend to breakout with some creams. Oh well, I know Whole Foods has a great return system if it doesn't work out form me. I also found some information on a mineral sunscreen by JASON that also paraben-free.

Thanks for the suggestions!
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    Sephora does give samples. Feel free to ask! I do it all of the time. I am not trying to spend $30 on something and then have it break me out and then have to return it and be subject to people's shade.
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • FrannieGoytFrannieGoyt Posts: 114Registered Users
    I get trader joes enrich face lotion there's only 15spf it might be twenty and it's very cheap 3 or 4$ for a 4 fl oz bottle and it's not greasy and doesn't clog pores :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file