Random makeup questions....

I do NOT normally wear makeup. I'm usually barefaced 24 hours a day.

But then when I went out last weekend, I tried to put on a face and was startled to realize that it sorta........looked okay (!)

So here are some unrelated makeup questions.

1) are there any good foundation recs for severely DRY skin? Preferably something creamy or liquidy? I have a Bare Escentuals (Bare Minerals? Hell, I never knew) kit and its okay, I guess.

I just want my skin to look moisturized...and all one color. I have seborrheic dermatitis and when it goes into remission, it leaves behind light patches. I have 10% glycolic acid cream to remedy it, but my skin has to be fully healed in order to use it.

2) What's the general process for applying eyeshadows? I have a bunch of pretty, funky samples from RockABetty. All different colors, too.

3) Re: The pic---I have big, baggy, puffy eyes. Do I look better with liner under the eye? Or would top-lid-only look better?? I feel like under-eye liner accentuates my dark circles and undereye puffiness. Yet sometimes it seems like top-lid-only doesn't bring them out enough.

My eyes are sensitive too and I always ended up rubbing my eye makeup due to some unbearable particle in my eye, something on my contact lens, or just general irritation.

4) How to people get that extremely moisturized, dewy look to their skin? Is that makeup or what? Knowing me, I'd just end up looking greasy.

I hate how my eyes look so big and weak. I'd like to put on a simple face....but not so simple that i look totally barefaced. Any advice (pls be nice) would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SPH-M580 using CurlTalk App

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    5) Also, how do you fake a fuller/rounder face?

• ss40ss40 Posts: 1,790Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't wear makeup but I took a class on how to apply it. Its so much work IMO. I also have very serious baggage under my eyes. I always hear that concealer is good for that. If you have dry skin you should make sure you use good cleasers, toners, and moisturizers before applying foundation.

I use a neutrogena puffiness reducer cream (which was so good they pulled it off the shelves) to deal with my eyes. Thats about all I can offer. Hope it helps.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using CurlTalk App
    :nike:About my hair:
    weekly shampoo-HE Honey I'm Strong
    daily conditioner-HE Honey I'm Strong (use as li)
    go to style-Pocahontas braids
    I hate when that happens. I swear that's 98.75% of the reason these companies decide to discontinue certain products--because they made the customers too happy. I bet I would've loved that Neutrogena stuff, too. Smh!!!

sienna40 wrote: »
    I don't wear makeup but I took a class on how to apply it. Its so much work IMO. I also have very serious baggage under my eyes. I always hear that concealer is good for that. If you have dry skin you should make sure you use good cleasers, toners, and moisturizers before applying foundation.

I use a neutrogena puffiness reducer cream (which was so good they pulled it off the shelves) to deal with my eyes. Thats about all I can offer. Hope it helps.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using CurlTalk App

Yes, it does seem like a lot of work. I have a tube of MAC concealer which I like a lot. If I can keep the SD at bay, the glycolic acid does a pretty good job at evening the discoloration.

My skin's so dry, my derm has me cleansing with Cerave lotion (not the cleansers) and following up with Cerave cream, the heavy one. I can't describe the improvement this made in my complexion. Most ppl I know would get serious zits from this regimen, but my skin just drinks it all up.

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I can't think of any foundations specifically for dry skin. But like someone else said, moisturize beforehand.
    2) What's the general process for applying eyeshadows? I have a bunch of pretty, funky samples from RockABetty. All different colors, too.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "general process." Could you clarify?
    3) Re: The pic---I have big, baggy, puffy eyes. Do I look better with liner under the eye? Or would top-lid-only look better?? I feel like under-eye liner accentuates my dark circles and undereye puffiness. Yet sometimes it seems like top-lid-only doesn't bring them out enough.
    If you're only wearing liner, I'd rec top lid only.
    4) How to people get that extremely moisturized, dewy look to their skin? Is that makeup or what? Knowing me, I'd just end up looking greasy.
    Are you talking about people you see IRL or in photos? If in photos, you can't rely on them. I think most photos are Photoshopped.

If you mean IRL, here are some tips:
    *Exfoliate your skin regularly
    *Consider using an illuminating face primer
    *Try a tinted moisturizer rather than a traditional foundation
    *Skip the face powder

I also Googled this and found a link to a good article with more tips: How to Get Dewy Skin in 5 Easy Steps
    I hate how my eyes look so big and weak. I'd like to put on a simple face....but not so simple that i look totally barefaced. Any advice (pls be nice) would be greatly appreciated.
    Have you ever winged-out your eyeliner/eyeshadow on the top lid? It would give an uplifted look to your eyes.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
    Re: General process for
    eyeshadow question....

Doesn't the darker color go in the crease or something? Or does it not matter? For example, I have 2 dark colors in my stash--one's a dark teal and the other's a really dark smoky blue. How would I go about wearing one of these?

Then the part about the browbone. If I wear a really dark dramatic color on my lids, do I need to put something on my crease and browbone? I need a makeup class, aaargh!!!

Any good rec's for tinted moisturizer? Thanks again.

Becca and Smashbox (HD Healthy Fx Foundation) have good tinted moisturizers. The Smashbox one is called a foundation, but it is very sheer.

Back with more later...gotta go to work. :)
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
    Doesn't the darker color go in the crease or something? Or does it not matter? For example, I have 2 dark colors in my stash--one's a dark teal and the other's a really dark smoky blue. How would I go about wearing one of these?

Then the part about the browbone. If I wear a really dark dramatic color on my lids, do I need to put something on my crease and browbone? I need a makeup class, aaargh!!!

Yes, the darker colors usually go in the crease (and the outer corner). A medium shade goes on the lid, and the lightest shade goes on the browbone. You don't have to put anything on your browbone though. You can wear your makeup any way you like, but certain application techniques flatter certain eye shapes more than others.

Other possible options:
    *Dark color all over lid, faded up above crease
    *Medium color on inner third of lid; dark color on outer two-thirds
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wow, I do something right!!! :blob7: Sorry, it's just that doesn't happen often. Feel free to ignore.
  • AAAAAA Posts: 3Registered Users
    I have dry skin too. The best foundation that worked for me is Estee Lauder, always moisturize, then use a primer then the foundation.
    As for that dewy look, use a shimmer on your cheek bones. NARS has an illuminator it works wonders when u mix it with the foundation and apply all over your face.
  • AAAAAA Posts: 3Registered Users
    I learned applying makeup from Youtube, my favorite is PixiWoo and also Pixi2woo ! Check them out!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file