moisturizer makes hair crunchy?

kristin_vskristin_vs Posts: 5Registered Users
What does it mean when your leave in makes your hair crunchy? I have had this problem with all the sheamoisture lines even though I so badly want them to work. Are they actually moisturizing my hair? Or will my hair break and aren't very moisturized b/c of the crunchiness? I thought the smoothie did this because of the Vegetable glycerin. The style and milk has a humectant but not glycerin so I thought it would work better still crunchy. The curls look great though. They just aren't soft they are crunchy. Does anyone know of any other great leave in conditioners that don't have silicones, and mostly natural? Comparable to shea moisture that will make my hair soft. I have 3c hair.

Comments

• SayoonSayoon Posts: 432Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think ur protein sensitive maybe that's the problem
  • kristin_vskristin_vs Posts: 5Registered Users
    I see I see thanks!! So does that mean I already have plenty of protein in my hair? Or what causes protein sensitivity?
  • SayoonSayoon Posts: 432Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes it means u do hv protein already in ur hair, try to concentrate on using things that moisturiser hair n free of wheat, rice , soy or any sort of protein, I have no idea about a certain product but u could find plenty of them on line, I prefer to use natural oils like coconut or rosemary water and braid my hair to retain moisture
  • JohariJohari Posts: 673Registered Users
    I don't know but it doesn't happen if you put it on damp hair or dilute it with water

Sent from my SPH-M910 using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file