yes braids makes the hair grows longer

SayoonSayoon Posts: 432Registered Users Curl Neophyte
ok a lot of people will disagree, but i have my proof :) as i tried it and my hair grew very long (mid back) even when i used to straighten it excessively , but before getting started i wanna mention something important that if ur hair is very curly or gets puffy if brushed plz don't risk this as i always hear that brushing might cause hair loss or breakage on dry curly hair.

so this is best for type 1. 2 and 3 hair.

now u either use sesame oil or any light oil massage ur scalp before u sleep and braid it only one back braid or two side braids, or if ur an oil hater :) or ur planing to braid it also for work use this magical recipe :) which smells goood, Rosemary water :) meaning u boil the leaves wait for water to cool and massage ur scalp with it, rosemary is proven to make hair grows faster :)

now why braiding is good

-when u braid ur hair a simple pulling process occurs from the weight and the shape of the hair which stimulates blood circulation.( don't pull so hard though)

-the shape of the braid it self protects the hair and locks the moisture of the oil or cream inside the hair so the hair gets full nutrition and protects ends from breakage.

- bottom of line with blood flowing into ur scalp and moist locked inside ur hair :) ur hair will get longer and healthier.

otherwise braiding wont be so popular and our grandmas wouldn't have such beautiful hair :D

Comments

• ReekyReeky Posts: 1,323Registered Users
    yes thats called a protective style.. which any hair type can do & some do almost exclusively.
    dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
    DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
    RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
    Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
    Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)
  • SayoonSayoon Posts: 432Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes ur right , I guess as long as the hairs clean and detangled then no need for brushing just go ahead n braid it, but one braid or two side braids are more protective as small ones from root to ends causes headache and hair loss ad well as breakage
  • JohariJohari Posts: 673Registered Users
    Yep my friend leaves hers in braids for summer with fake hair in singles and her hair is longer than mine

Sent from my SPH-M910 using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file