major heat damage :(

lawlzdinosaurlawlzdinosaur Posts: 33Registered Users
I am sick and tired of the heat damage in my hair. Like most of my hair is healthy and fine and the curls are bouncy, but in the front I have very bad heat damage. Like that part of my hair has no curl what so ever its just annoying frizz. I've had that since I was in elementary school and I am now a sophomore in high school and I'm sick and tired if it. That is the reason that I NEVER wear my hair down. I want to get rid of it once and for all. I understand that it might not be an easy task and it might be a long process but I am willing to do what ever it takes to get rid of it cause Im just tired of it and just want to leave my hair down and not be self conscious about it please help
3C
Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture

Leave in: ^^ or Vo5 kiwi lime
Styling: LA Looks Sport Styling Gel

Comments

• AntoniaAntonia Curl Neophyte Posts: 68Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand. You said it's heat damage but it's been that way since elementary school? Why hasn't it grown out? Or does that part of your hair just naturally lack a curl?
  • curlz12345curlz12345 Posts: 16Registered Users
    i had the same problem with heat damage and now its gone, what you do is deep treat like once a week or once 2 weeks, also take some gel ( i recommend eco styler gel) and either twist the damage part with your finger and release or do the hairstyle with the front in a twist or french braid and the back out and curly. If you keep doing it you will notice a difference, also drink a lot of water and green leafy vegetables so your hair can grow and the damage will be at the bottom so you can cut of the damaged ends when its the length you like. Also stop using flat irons, if you want it straight just get it blown out, it leaves your hair very straight and shiny and less damaging, just make sure to have a heat protector. hope this helps :)
  • NaturlbellaNaturlbella Posts: 59Registered Users
    The best way to deal with this matter is to avoid heat completely and use a deep conditioner on your hair regularly. Henna Treatments are great for heat damaged or relaxed hair. Natural black hair need to be moisturized on a daily basis. Find a moisturizer to use that doesn't include damaging ingredients like mineral oil,petroleum, paraben, silicone. Create a healthy hair regimen and stick to it! Here's a article discussing how to grow your hair long 6 Ways To Help With Growing Black Hair Long | Natural Black Hair

:D
    Blog - My Natural Black Hair Rock Them Curls Girl!
    Facebook Join the community of natural black hair women!
    Twitter - We'd love to hear your questions and views on natural black hair! :headbang:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file