CurlTalk

Cream Products to Elongate Curls.

So I've decided what I need is a heavy cream product to elongate my curls w/. What are some good products? Secondly, what are some good products I can buy at drugstores/salons - ie not have to order online?

Thanks!!
don't let your lovin' go to waste
all it takes is just one taste.

Comments

• CelticCurlsCelticCurls Posts: 558Registered Users
    I haven't found any heavy drugstore creams, like Curls Souffle, that are any good. One exception might be Got2B. They have a good heavy cream product that's under $5
    3B, bra-strap length
    laidback, very-modified CGer
    HG: GF Sleek 'n Shine Leave-in; Alagio
  • laurabeth33laurabeth33 Posts: 1,443Registered Users
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
  • xfancyxfancy Posts: 91Registered Users
    I haven't found any heavy drugstore creams, like Curls Souffle, that are any good. One exception might be Got2B. They have a good heavy cream product that's under $5

what's it called?
    3c... and clueless pj
  • life's hard for a curllife's hard for a curl Posts: 89Registered Users
    I am a 3c/4a and I found that Rusk's Being Wild elongated my curls to near straightness. Maybe that's too much of the elongating effect that you want, but maybe you can use a little less and see what happens. It's a smooth paste like texture. Rusk can be found in Trade Secrets which is often located in malls.

Good luck!
    I am a 3c reformed product junkie thanks to the economy.

I lurk a lot, I change my hair color a lot. It's currently black and bsl when wet and beyond my shoulders still when dry.

Now I will stop procrastinating and get back to what I was supposed to be doing before I got on here.

Any questions?
  • xfancyxfancy Posts: 91Registered Users
    I am a 3c/4a and I found that Rusk's Being Wild elongated my curls to near straightness. Maybe that's too much of the elongating effect that you want, but maybe you can use a little less and see what happens. It's a smooth paste like texture. Rusk can be found in Trade Secrets which is often located in malls.

Good luck!

ooo how much was it? and how did you apply
    3c... and clueless pj
  • blanclilablanclila Posts: 107Registered Users
    xfancy wrote:

what's it called?

I want to know too! :D
    wavy / coarse / thick
  • curlsofnycurlsofny Posts: 478Registered Users

Laurabeth, doesn't Fast food have a cone in it? This site has it listed, but the AG site doesn't mention it.
    OK, you guys have got me on that one. :lol: CAn't recall the actual name of Got2B's cream, but there are only 2 of them in the line: one's a shiny pomade type, and the other is the one I'm talking about: it's a fluffy, white cream in a round tin. Might be called "playful" or somesuch.
    3B, bra-strap length
    3B, bra-strap length
  • blanclilablanclila Posts: 107Registered Users
    Thanks! I tried got2be playful a few years back; I remember it smelled and felt like marshmallow fluff (yum!). :lol: It is good for piece-y looks.
    wavy / coarse / thick