Who would like to be grow out partners?

Comments

• curlybrancurlybran Posts: 510Registered Users
    Yah frizzy isn't reqlly the right word, I guess polished is more the right word. I'll see if I can find that somewhere and see how it works!
    This is what it ended up looking like at the end of the night, after some dancing, windyness, and a long day! And it was Soooo tangly!!!!
    Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
  • KuLaidejuisceKuLaidejuisce Posts: 142Registered Users
    Ur hair is so beautiful. It looks so soft, & a lil wild is always fun! :)

Sent from my SPH-M920 using CurlTalk App
    How long did it take u to grow that length?

I've had a sudden boost of confidence. My hair has grown 1/2 an inch in the last month & it used to take at least six months to get that! So hopefully it will keep growing at this rate.

Aw thanks!!!! For it to get this length it has taken a long time! I had a trim in Sept and 1 In January, ill find some pics from a few months ago. I can't even think the last time I actually had a cut lol
    Dec 2010, April, July, and beginning of Nov. Ya I'm kinda a picture whore :) lol!

Idk if those will come out in time line lol. Grad hat Dec, sunglasses April, black shirt July, and button up Nov

• curlymeshacurlymesha Posts: 17Registered Users
    Kulaide..... hey mama sorri been super busy... Awwww ur twist on ur sis hair looks great! I only know how to make lil ones! Never thought to put them all over but very cute... I might try it!

How's ur hair doing? Omg I did the henna n it came out great but the smell is horrible.... I feel like since I did it my hair feels soo good! Thanks for putting me on sumthing new! Really appreciate it

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlTalk App
    Curlybran..... wow hun ur hair looks amazing n I love ur length!

How much my hair has changed over the yr!

Thank you! Your hair is adorable!!!!

Do you just leave the oil in and fix it.or do you rinse it out?

Alright by your suggestion I'm trying some oil. I put mane n tail in for a leave in waited a lil then sprayed with African pride miracle sheen. Eeeeks

Mesha! Wb, lol. I've been awfully busy too. I'm glad u liked the henna & yes the smell is somewhat putrid. I still find myself smelling it sometimes lol. Ur hair is gorgeous & long I'm jealous of u both! How have u retained such good length? I felt like an expert till now, haha. My hair has grown a lot in the last month! Its uncontrollably thick & I don't rly kno how to keep the new growth from drying & frizzing. :( I may have gotten a lil lazy about keeping it pinned up to keep the ends sealed cuz I like lookin at how long my hair has gotten.. & I'm playin with it like crazy LOL.

@curlybran... eeeks doesn't sound good.. the oil can get a lil crazy. Maybe u need something less heavy. I can't use a lot of oil in my hair, & if it do I make sure I wear it back in a pony or a bun. That way it gets good-oily, so when u wash it it stays soft & less frizzy. At one point my hair wouldn't tangle at all, now its a mess lol.

Have either of u been trying anything new or different? Wearing a certain style lately? Any other new trials & errors? I've been using this shampoo & cond. for curly hair.. its from like, curlfx or something or other lol. I think that's wats making my hair dry. The shampoo is great & smells a lil spicy, but the conditioner isn't very slippery.. so I wouldn't recommend it.
    No it was just a Eeeeks out of scared cuz I didn't know how it was goin to turn out lol!!!! It was ok. It didn't get near as frizzy as I expects it to and I was outside a lot and it was windy and rainy.

I've been using renpure for the past few weeks. I like the way my hair feels after I.get out of the shower but.it seems like the shampoos and conditioner don't wanna spread out when I'm trying to put them in. They stay all in 1 area unless I turn the water back on and get it wet and scrub. Kinda weird. And my hair has been drying really quick!! Like before I can even get dressed and back to the bathroom to fix it, less then 10 min and my ends are very dry

I feel u. I think we're having similar issues. I love most of my products, so I'm trying to cut back on how many I use each day. I feel like I can't do anything with my hair cuz the ends have been getting so dry.

I'm considering mixing my own natural products. I have no idea where to start D: but I hear its worth trying more than these marketed products. I work at papa johns & I asked my GM to start saving the green olive juice for me. She was like O_o. LOL

I'm pretty satisfied with cantu's shea butter products. My first repair&growth was noticed after I started using the leave-in shea butter. I just got their oil moisturizer & used it last night. Its not like an oily lotion. Its more creamy & blends well.

I'm trying to learn to braid my own hair but its not going well -_- lol. I don't think its thick enough in the front to braid.

Are you high or low porous?

Id say I'm right in between but more on the porous side

Ugh. Okay, so my scalp gets REALLY dry & I swear I moisturize plenty. Its worse in the colder months. It doesn't flake at all but I get these skin-scabs(not bloody, jus clumps of skin &... whatever it is) on my scalp & they itch like crazy. I used my henna it went away for a month. Now its back & its soooo bad. I can wash my hair, shampoo & all, get it all off my head, & it'll be back in the morning jus as bad. I keep my hair protected all the time. When its not in an updo, I keep it wrapped or in my sleep cap. I'm at a loss lol. Guess I'm jus gonna use henna like once a month.

I get the same! They suck!

Oh ya so I did the conditioner and oil Monday right. Went to get in the shower yesterday and was so happy cuz I had very little detangling to do and it was so easy! I didn't use poo just conditioner cuz it was a Watever day lol! And it wasn't even that I needed to wash my hair.but my scalp was gettin itchy

Have u been to a sally beauty? They've been around & talked up my whole life & I finally went today while christmas shopping.

I felt like a freakin kid in a candy store, lol! They have a lot of products that tell u right on the label if there are no sulfates or cones. I need a solution to the itchiness... lol.

Do u completely wet ur hair everyday? Cuz I did for a while & I thought i had less issues during the day, throughout the week. I think I might need sum more good ol' natural water.
    Yes I used to go to sallys all the time cuz I knew ppl that worked there but that was before j knew about cg. It's amazing!!!!! No I don't wet every day. I usually only wet when washing bc it takes so long lol and if I'm just going to work I just pull it up in a pony tail/bun

I work with food.. pizza.. I get dough & dust in my hair :(

Ya I work at a restraunt/deli luckily I don't get much in my hair except sweat lol

That's even rly drying too. It sucks lol.
    I should be deep treating more often.

Merry Christmas, ladies! (& anyone that happens to come across this thread)

I hope u have a very joyous & blessed holiday! :)

Heu girl hope u had a great Christmas!!!!! And everything is goin well!!!!

I've always had hair balls in the shower nothing new whatever but we got a mat to put in the bottom of the shower bc my SIS had surgery and its slippery if not and this morning it was so weird/disturbing to see all the hair caught Hm the mat. Just a random thought! Lol

I had a great christmas. I got everything I wanted lol.

Not doin much here, workin two jobs now. Still enjoying my new growth tho. Its getting longer, almost shoulder length.. almost... lol. I hope it gets thicker. :)

Are u a smoker? Id hope not.
    I just turned 19 in dec. I've been smoking a pack every other day for five years now. Id say I've got about six more yrs to grow & I see how its preventing my body from developing.. my hair too.
    No one around me smokes either so idk why its been so hard to quit. Just looking for someone to root me on :) I wanna be healthy & put sum weight on but I'm such a chronic smoker the fat jus doesn't stay anywhere. I need to get back on my vitamins too but they detox my system so harsh it makes me sick LOL.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file