Almond or olive oil

NirucurlsNirucurls Posts: 88Registered Users
Which is better for my skin? I have combination skin and I massage the oil before washing off with honey

💆💇🍎

Comments

• CurlyCoilyMeCurlyCoilyMe Posts: 130Registered Users
    i would use almond oil. because olive is such a fat oil and can give pimples when used in the face if you have some places with oily skin. :)
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Both of those would be a one-way ticket to Pimple City for me.
  • CurlieJayCurlieJay Posts: 24Registered Users
    Which is better for my skin? I have combination skin and I massage the oil before washing off with honey

💆💇🍎

I personally use almond oil and like it a lot. But i prefer jojoba! But almond is less expensive though. Ummm idk about putting olive, i think thats wayy too greasy
  • SayoonSayoon Posts: 432Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Use bitter almond oil , sweet is for the hair.
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Interesting that sweet almond oil is for the hair. The lady that threads my eyebrows told me to apply sweet almond oil to my brows to help them grow/thicken. All it did for me was dry the skin on my forehead terribly. So I have a bottle of it and wasn't sure how to use it up. Maybe I will apply it to my hair at night and leave on all night. I have had good results doing that with jojoba or argan.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • SanaxRadianceSanaxRadiance Posts: 95Registered Users
    I use jojoba as my daytime moisturizer, before sunscreen.
    For nighttime I like using olive oil, but it IS a little too greasy so I haven't used it in awhile.
    I don't remember the last time I actually used sweet almond all over my face, but I stopped for some reason..
    I actually use sweet almond around my eyes. It seems to help with puffiness.
  • SayoonSayoon Posts: 432Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Interesting that sweet almond oil is for the hair. The lady that threads my eyebrows told me to apply sweet almond oil to my brows to help them grow/thicken. All it did for me was dry the skin on my forehead terribly. So I have a bottle of it and wasn't sure how to use it up. Maybe I will apply it to my hair at night and leave on all night. I have had good results doing that with jojoba or argan.

Best thing for brows is castor oil apply it b4 u go to sleep
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks! I will try to pick some up when I next go to the store.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • NirucurlsNirucurls Posts: 88Registered Users
    I used coconut oil in the beginning and I broke out.. Now I use olive oil and maybe it caused a few pimples :( I'll try almond oil next :P

💆💇🍎
  • naturalzombiegirlnaturalzombiegirl Posts: 11Registered Users
    I use olive just lightly to moisturize the face....haven't had any problems...I used almond a few times and totally didn't like it.

Sent from my Nexus One using CurlTalk App
  • JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,408Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've never used almond but olive oil broke me out really badly with cystic acne.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file