CurlTalk

Product to Keep Brushed Curly Hair Unfrizzy.

I've pretty curly hair. When it's wet, or left to dry naturally with gel/mousee, the curls are relatively tight.

If I brush it when it's damp or dry, I can loosen the curls considerably, getting a nice wavvy effect I like. The trouble is, when I do this, my hair is frizzy and bad looking.

Is there a product I can use to allow me to brush my hair to get it wavvy/straight without the frizz and without the need to blow-dry?

And what products are out there that reduce the amount of curly hair shrinkage?

Thanks ;)
don't let your lovin' go to waste
all it takes is just one taste.

Comments

• lushaholiclushaholic Posts: 2,180Registered Users
    Sounds like you might want a product with some weight to it, maybe a cream product like the Curl Junkie creams or [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/CURLS-Whipped-Cream-p-883.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=Curls-Whipped-Cream]Curls Whipped Cream[/buylink] or Souffle. You might want to try using a good leave-in conditioner as well, which can help smooth the frizz. Welcome btw. :)
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • boyextraordinareboyextraordinare Posts: 11Registered Users
    thanks for the tip. on a side note: can I use regular hair condition in the place of a leave-in formula??

also how do I add my picture to side of my posts?
    don't let your lovin' go to waste
    all it takes is just one taste.
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    thanks for the tip. on a side note: can I use regular hair condition in the place of a leave-in formula??

also how do I add my picture to side of my posts?

Alot of folks do use regular conditioner as a leave -in or either just lightly rinse out their conditioner, leaving some in. Personally, I can't take too much leave-ins. Makes my hair sorta droopy.

To add your AV, go to your profile and look at the bottom.

My hair always looks frizzy if I brush it. Sometimes I can get by wth finger-combing and it doesn't look too frizzy if I have enough gel in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • unique1193unique1193 Posts: 328Registered Users
    Brio wrote:
    Sometimes I can get by wth finger-combing and it doesn't look too frizzy if I have enough gel in it.

This is exactly what i do if i want a wavier look without frizz. Definitley try it :)
    and welcome btw :D

2c/3a
    Growing out hair to a little above bsl
    pw: ringlets
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    It's really hard to prevent brushed hair from going frizzy.

Have you tried using a pick, instead of brushing?