CurlTalk

American Horror Story

oceanhueoceanhue Posts: 11Registered Users
Does anyone watch this show? This show needs a thread!

Comments

• irociroc Posts: 7,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I was thinking this the other day. How I'm surprised no one else watches this show.

Yes, I've been watching it. Last weeks episode was a little boring, but it's a great show. I don't do well watching it alone though!

Using my iphone with my toe thumbs. There will be typos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LAwomanLAwoman Posts: 2,949Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Me me me! :love2:

I just posted about my current obsession with this show on the "What are you watching" thread.

Creeps me out, entertains me, and even makes me laugh sometimes. What more do you need from a show?

Can't WAIT for next Wednesday! Now I'm getting sad there are only 12 episodes. I am glad to hear it's already been renewed for a Season 2 though.
  • IAmJordanNicoleIAmJordanNicole Posts: 784Registered Users
    I love this show! I only know like 2 people who watch it tho. It's a hidden gem!!!! Wednesday's can't come soon enough!
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users
    We've been watching it. Love!!!
    :rambo:
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    I have it on dvr at my dads house. when i go their for thanksgiving i'm going to watch it.
  • hmkennyhmkenny Posts: 1,409Registered Users Curl Novice
    I've been watching too. Something about the wife bugs me. I just don't like her. And Jessica Lange is so creepy, but at least she's supposed to be creepy. Don't get me wrong, I do like watching but the only two characters I really like areViolet and Tate.
    3a/medium texture/normal porosity
    Love Jessica Lange. She's great in the show.

The wife can be a bit *****y, but she did have to pack up and move bc her husband was having an affair with a 21 year old student. I'm gonna cut her some slack.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VanedaVaneda Posts: 402Registered Users
    Great show....I have been recommending it to all my friends! :toothy6:
    2/b-2/c - I shampoo daily with non-sulfate shampoos - right now am *loving* L'Oreal Everpure shampoo and conditioner
    For styling: homemade flax seed gel, Curl Keeper, and/or KCCC
    Current favorite product: *KCCC*!!

• nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users
    I love Connie Britton from when she was on Friday Night Lights, and I think she's great on this show, too.

Does anyone have any guesses as to who Rubber Man is?
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    Password: orphanannie
    Maybe Jessica Lange's husband, or Charles, the "Doctor to the Stars"?
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users
    Those are my top guesses, too, LAWoman.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fnynaeve77%2F" class="Popup
    Password: orphanannie
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 19,251Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I watch and love this show. Super creepy and it can be scary if I'm watching it alone in the middle of the night. I don't read TV threads because I watch shows online a day or more after they air on cable and there's too many chances to see spoilers here.
    But I did want to show my support for the show.
    --I'm located in Western PA.
    --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, started going grey in late 2005.
    --My hair is 3B with some 3A, texture-medium/fine, porosity-normal except for the ends which are porous, elasticity-normal.
    --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, oils, honey, vinegar.
    --My CG and grey hair progress -- http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html
  • ursulaursula Posts: 1,461Registered Users
    This is the show I look forward to most during the week. It's so over-the-top and campy and melodramatic and creepy--I love it! I like how it can make you hide under the covers one moment and laugh out loud the next. It's like "Drag Me to Hell" that way.

Jessica Lange is amazing. Of course, she has a lot to work with, as the writers seem to really enjoy writing her dialogue, but I still can't imagine another actress doing as good a job.

I don't think the wife is as awful as the husband. He is a true piece of ****.
    In search of a lost signature...
  • tbabyytbabyy Posts: 570Registered Users
    I watch it too! I don't find it to be scary but it is creepy. It can be a bit boring at times tho. Its obvious what Tate did to those kids, but I cant wait for it to come out.

"My Evo thinks its smarter than me."
    b04fbffc-52c8-49d6-a7f1-77140040642d.jpg

LITTLE JOEY HAS A SIBLING ON THE WAY! :toothy7:
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    I've been watching, though I'm behind by an ep or so. Dylan McDermott is really workin' for me, even if his character is pretty loathsome. I quite like Connie Britton, too.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
  • oceanhueoceanhue Posts: 11Registered Users
    nynaeve77 wrote: »
    I love Connie Britton from when she was on Friday Night Lights, and I think she's great on this show, too.

Does anyone have any guesses as to who Rubber Man is?

The director said that "rubber man" was seen in the first episode. So go through your lists of characters--he's there somewhere.
    I've been watching, though I'm behind by an ep or so. Dylan McDermott is really workin' for me, even if his character is pretty loathsome. I quite like Connie Britton, too.

Yeah he is looking good. Do you know he's 50??
    The director said that "rubber man" was seen in the first episode. So go through your lists of characters--he's there somewhere.

interesting! I'll have to go rewatch and look for clues.
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    LAwoman wrote: »

I know... As I age I'm developing an appreciation for older men that I never had before. Yummers.

Posted from my smart phone; please excuse typos or brevity.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.
    LAwoman wrote: »

I know... As I age I'm developing an appreciation for older men that I never had before. Yummers.

Posted from my smart phone; please excuse typos or brevity.

I'm finding myself do the same thing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wavyblondewavyblonde Posts: 1,637Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm loving this show, too! Jessica Lange is spectacular. I hope she nets an Emmy for this!

I think I read somewhere that the rubber suit is inhabited by several entities, not just one, so it might be someone different every time we see Rubber Man. There was some hinting by the creator that the Infantata has taken that form at one point.

DON"T READ IF YOU'RE NOT CAUGHT UP (Highlight to read):

I'm so glad Hayden didn't really hurt the doggie! I was scared for that doggie from the first ep. I miss Addy, and I hope she comes back. Moira is a really sympathetic character for me, though I'm still a bit confused about the attitude she has in her younger incarnation. I thought the stuff with Tate and his shooting victims was interesting this week, and I hope we'll be finding out more soon about that.
    2c/3a with 2b underlayer. Fine, porous. Loves protein. But not hydrolized wheat protein. Yuck.

Wash: WEN Sweet Almond Mint or Pomegranate
    Gels: LA Looks Sport Gel
    Mousse: Tigi Catwalk Curlesque
    Curling creams/gellies: Coffee Coco Curling Cream Lite, Spiral Solutions Curl Enhancing Jelly, Curls Gel-les'c
    SOTC: JC N&S (LOVE)
    http://public.fotki.com/wavyblonde/hair-2010/
  • ursulaursula Posts: 1,461Registered Users
    Re: the first sentence of the hidden text--I'm not sure I believe her. My first thought when he appeared in a later scene was "ghost."
    In search of a lost signature...
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users
    The first episode was shown here last night.

I stupidly watched it on my own, late at night. It freaked me out. At the moment I cant make head nor tail of it which I guess is the point.

But Im glad I didn't watch it with my parents because.... that would be slightly embarrassing!
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    I just watched the episodes available on Hulu. This show officially has my soul. I was not making cute faces while watching it.

I loove Tate. So much crazy.
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

**spoilers fromm 11/9 epi**

Yikes, last night's opening scene was tough to watch. Even though we already knew what was going to happen.

And the brains scene. :shock: :sad1:

I'm assuming that Tate was under the "influence" of the house's evil when he committed that horrific act. At least I'm hoping so.

Poor Violet. She's being pulled deeper into the crazy.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Last night's episode was awesome. Okay, first, when Vivien trips the alarm after her nightmare, just so she can flirt with cute cop and let him know her husband isn't going to be around anymore - I loved it! It just cracked me up and you just know she's going to bang him....after she gets black rubber armor suit guy's demon child out of her body. Maybe cute cop will be a hero.

And the brains! OMG, I had to FF through that. If someone served me up a pile of brains, the last thing I'd do is pick up fork. Lol! And this is supposed to sooth her violent morning sickeness? :wink:

And poor Violet! I love her and it was heart wrenching to see her angst. And Tate too! My heart went out to him - poor, doesn't know he's dead mass murderer.

Excellent, excellent episode!
    I definitely covered my eyes during the brains part. I don't know what that was about.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    For some reason I couldn't handle the "here piggy pig pig" guy.

Oh sheesh, y'all. 'Tis my phone!
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

Yeah, here piggy, piggy was creepy. Poor guy. I just knew he was done for.
  • BoomygrrlBoomygrrl Posts: 4,940Registered Users
    Love this show! Its so creepy. Its like an extended horror movie.
    That's right, I said it! I wear scrunchies!!

I am a sulfate washing, cone slabbing, curly lovin' s.o.b. The CG police haven't caught me yet.
    :blob8:

3a/3b
  • EdenRoseEdenRose Posts: 181Registered Users
    For the record i would trip my security alarm if the guard looked like him.
    And i love love love this show. My roommate calls it a horror movie she can tolerate. Like we religiously DVR and watch it when home.
    Glad they already signed up or a second season
    /home/leaving?target=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FLov3Revolution" class="Popup

Last Relaxer-March 2011
    :occasion2:BC- 7-11-2011
    When you get the choice to sit out or dance, I hope you dance <3

Hair Type: ?
    Tons of whirls and curls and coils on my head. My hair's sometimes my best friend and other times we're at odds. But either way it's curls to the end. No need for a relaxer cause there's no reason to stress, my tresses are at their best
    :wav:

Length goal : Shoulder Length :)