CurlTalk

Best gel?

4everchantel4everchantel Posts: 15Registered Users
Any suggestions for the best gel I can use for my shoulder length 3C hair?
4af0ffbe-816a-c537.jpg
4af0ffbe-807f-9ab1.jpg

Comments

• CurlyCoilyMeCurlyCoilyMe Posts: 130Registered Users
    actually i find aloe vera very well working. but i also like kccc.

your hair is gorgeous! :)
  • KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Posts: 714Registered Users
    You and I appear to be hair twins. (My hair is also at shoulder length right now.)

Yes, you might to start with natural aloe vera gel.
    Personally, aloe vera gel alone makes my hair feel dry, but that's just me. (However, it works for me when combined with other stuff, in a water spritz with oils, in a whipped shea butter mix, etc.)

As far as gels go, my favorite is Bioterra Styling Gel. It's available at Sally's at a reasonable price. :toothy6:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.twitter.com%2Fkurleeedna" class="Popup
  • fonkifonki Posts: 353Registered Users
    AVG dries out my hair unless I spritz my hair b4hand.

I love Ecostyler gel.
  • *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users
    Try Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera 100% Gel. It's at Walmart! Or you can get it online. I recommend this one because it doesn't dry very hard but it lends a decent hold.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • CaseyGoNaturalCaseyGoNatural Posts: 145Registered Users
    oh my gosh, you're soo pretty! but if you're looking for hold try the olive or argan oil eco styler gel, :)

Sent from my LG-P509 using CurlTalk App
  • pinkwolfpinkwolf Posts: 430Registered Users
    Your hair is beautiful sis. :) Aloe Vera gel is good. I use the whole leaf version that I got from GNC but you can go to any health food store. I mix this with a little oil (I prefer jojoba oil) and a dash of honey.
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC, Eco Styler
    Leave-In: KCKT, Garnier WB Coconut & Cocoa Butter LI
    Moisturizer:
    Whipped Shea Butter
    Oil/Sealant:
    EVCO, Jojoba
  • MannieMannie Posts: 26Registered Users
    I usually mix Aloe Vera Gel with a bit of my conditioner and a vegetable/herbal oil of my choice. AVG itself dries too quick and strips some moisture from the hair.

'Ehem , by the way usexy. ;)
    Hair Texture: 4a/4b/3a/3b/3c
    Predominantly 4a texture. 4B on small parts of my edges. 3C/b/a on the back and behind the ears.
    Shampoo: Taliah Waajid - Balck Earth Shampoo
    Conditioner: Taliah Waajid - Herbal conditioner
    Leave-In: Beautiful Curls/Taliah Waajid - Curl Enhancing Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner/ leavin
    Styler: Pantene - Curly Hair style Mousse
    Taliah Waajid: Curl Sealer

Big Chop? Hah, no.
  • ChevelureChevelure Posts: 101Registered Users
    I don't know if it's the best, but I like Devacurl ArcAngel. It has a minimal smell, decent hold, and it doesn't feel papery or hard if you don't overdo it.
  • curlybrancurlybran Posts: 510Registered Users
    I like suave, its cheap! And I'm pretty sure its cg friendly

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
  • NocurlB4babiesNocurlB4babies Posts: 179Registered Users
    Our hair is very different in curl and texture (I'm fine/very wavy), but you might try Herbal Essence Set Me Up Gel...I've been using the Aloe Vera gel first, then applying the Set Me Up over top and it provides definition and hold. You have a strong curl pattern, so you may not need such a strong hold (I sure do though). Your hair is so pretty!
    2b/3a fine/med-hi density/high porosity (I think)/ highlight-no silicones/sulfates
    Lo-poo - ABBA Gentle Shampoo/ Shea Moisture Curl & Shine
    Conditioner: GVCB (love it!)/ Regis OO
    Leave in
    : As I Am
    Co-Wash: Tresemme or DevaCurl NoPoo
    Stylers: As I Am Curling Jelly/GF Pure Clean/ LALCurl gel - all with BRHG added
    Style: scrunch/ diffuse, then air dry. I don't Have much frizz at all
  • fonkifonki Posts: 353Registered Users
    Forgot to say that like the previous poster I've been using fruit of the earth aloe Vera gel. I tried others but this one seems to work best for me.

Best of luck in yr quest :)
  • AllieCat0817AllieCat0817 Posts: 301Registered Users
    Ecostyler olive oil. It may be crunchy the first day but after that it softens up nicely after applying a creamy moisturizer and pineappling with a silk scarf. Its the only gel that gives me 4-7 day hair consistently. It heavy and elongates and weighs my hair down like no other. As the days progress my hair gets bigger and fluffier. Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • NaturallyNikéNaturallyNiké Posts: 364Registered Users
    Ecostyler olive oil. It may be crunchy the first day but after that it softens up nicely after applying a creamy moisturizer and pineappling with a silk scarf. Its the only gel that gives me 4-7 day hair consistently. It heavy and elongates and weighs my hair down like no other. As the days progress my hair gets bigger and fluffier. Love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree %100 :toothy10:

No gel can do what it does, but i'm on a hunt for a more natural one that can get close...

I currently like Donna Marie MiraCurl Curling Gelly

Niké (Nee-Kay):nike:

My world of curls
    2hchy5z.jpg3C/4A,Fine-Meduim,Thick, Lo Porosity

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Flilnicka4u2nv%2F" class="Popup

Leave-in/Moisturizer: Giovanni Direct Leave in
    Sealants:EVOO, JBCO, Crisco
    DC:Matrix Condtioning Balm,Giovanni SAS,Honey, Glycerin
    Shampoo:Dr.Bronner's Castile soap bar
    Styler: Flaxseed,DM Miracurl, SheaMoist Smoothie, OYH S&D
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users
    If you don't care about "hold" have you tried curl activator gel?

Jen :D
    :afro:FroZen:afro: