"Refresh" a Flatiron/Blowdry

NayaNaya Posts: 922Registered Users
It's been nearly 4 years and i'm finally a teeny bit comfortable with straightening my hair. I blow dryed my hair and then flat ironed it recently (3 days ago) it's still bouncy.. but it's lost that initial shine and just looks dull.

How do I refresh my flatiron? Make it "shine" again and just give it some pep lol so I can make it last a few more days? Any advice on technique and/or product use??

Thanks!!!
BC: May 2008
Hair Type:
3C/4A mix I think
http://members.fotki.com/RizadaMinicana
Not Updated D:

Vegan-ish

s-event.png

Comments

• BrettyUBrettyU Posts: 930Registered Users
    I don't know how you feel about cones. I personally use them when I flat iron for added heat protection. With that being said, my favorite shine serum is Garnier Fructis sleek and shine anti-frizz serum
    4a60469e-a97d-a86d.jpg

It's inexpensive readily available in most grocery and convenience stores as well as Walmart and target.
    I use a pump of serum on small 1-2inch sections of hair and pin curl, carefully cover with a silk scarf overnight. I've been able to stretch my flat ironed hair for almost 3 weeks now using this method with no additional heat.
    4a60469e-ac97-63f1.jpg it's got great shine w/o feeling greasy.
    When ever my scalp feels like it needs a wash I've been using a waterless shampoo my favorite at the moment is TRESemmé Fresh start waterless foam shampoo for curly hair. (use just on scalp) 4a60469e-abcd-3b9b.jpg

If my straight hair is on its last leg and on the brink of reverting I can stretch it a bit longer with a large chunky braid out. I like the beachy wave look.

Hope this helps!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file