Want to straighten but with what and do I need to protect my hair?

wolfedvmwolfedvm Posts: 1Registered Users
Ok, new to curly girl and in desperate need of a straightener. My last one burned my hair, thats right it did! I think the plates were really bad (4 yrs old) and i had some product in my hair at the time. Does anyone have suggestions. Every stylist i ask says something different. Usually i would straighten with Kerastase Oelo-relax in my hair with it still wet. Blow dry, then straighten. I was so traumatized about 4 months ago i haven't bought a new straightener.
Sooo, What one should i get? Type 3 A hair
I don't care about cost as long as it works, and there are so many different Chi's, Sedus, FHI's, etc, what is the best?
Do i need to put an thermal protective spray on my hair? It is a little frizzy at times so don't know if that makes a difference. All suggestions welcome. Thanks Curly Girls!

Comments

• swansinaprilswansinapril Posts: 117Registered Users
    Get a Babyliss Nano Titanium pro. Read the reviews on Amazon - promise you will not regret it!! The ultra thin model is super chic :)
    Very coarse, thick, porous 3B. My biggest challenge is SOFTNESS and SHINE.

Current shampoo: Biosilk w/ added vitamin E
    Current conditioner: Lush Okra :love5:
    Leave-ins: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, KCCC
    CG didn't work for me. Oils don't work for me. Trying hard to learn how to love my hair. Read my blog.
  • chely77chely77 Posts: 4Registered Users
    I really love the ghd it get's hair super straight and shiny on the pricey side but well worth it as far as heat protectants go I love morrocan oil, sabino lok and blok,kerastase ultime elixir and for the cheapie side i like ic shine straighting serum... to me morrocan oil is the best in controlling frizzies and creating shine hth
  • laffnowcrylaterlaffnowcrylater Posts: 10Registered Users
    Love my Solia straightener
    me-2a
    ds1(8)-3a
    dd(7)-3a/3b
    ds2(3)-3c
    ds3(1)-3c

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file