3a desperately seeking sub Moisture Maniac TIGI disc

BettyboopnycBettyboopnyc Posts: 99Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I am a 3a easily weighed down.... I have loved my combo of deva care no poo followed by Moisture maniac condish
but sadly tigi seems to have discontinued my holy grail conditioner~ any suggestions?

Comments

• asugirlasugirl Posts: 938Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If you still love Moisture Maniac, check out Ebay! There is still quite a bit of it out there for sale, good prices too! I'm pretty sure StocknGo still has it also.

2c/3a - fine - medium porosity & density
  • SegBSegB Posts: 692Registered Users
    I have been trying forever to find a similar conditioner and have had no luck :-(

I have found other that I like that do not weigh me down (Darcy's Pumpkin Seed, Deva One C, CJ Strengthening) but none of them seems to do what MM did for me.

Update us if you find something...
    2b/3a, normal/high porosity, fine/medium texture, medium density, low elasticity

Low Poo- Tigi Colour Goddess, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT (clarify 1X/week)
    Condish- CJ Curl Rehab, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT
    Leave In- Slip Detangler, KCKT, Redken Curl Refiner
    Style- KCCC, SS CEJ, SS FHG
    Treatment- CJ Repair Me! and CJ CR

Dislikes: Too much protein, high glycerin content, and heavy oils
  • 3c4d7zwhatevs3c4d7zwhatevs Posts: 1,589Registered Users
    My local Safeway (Vons) store still carries it. They have been getting stock even though I keep buying it. It's to the point where they put it back to regular price and took it off clearancce.

Umm... my point is (was)...OH! Have you looked at some places where you would not expect to find it? Also, I was in TJ Maxx and saw a litre of the Self-Absorbed - have you checked out those types of places?
    4a/3c curls
    Fine strands, not as densely-placed as I would like
    Ayurvedic herbs are the TRUTH
    Team Wash and Go!
    iHerb code:UYA010 - get 5% off your first purchase
  • SegBSegB Posts: 692Registered Users
    I definitely still see it around (TJ Maxx, CVS) but for me, I want to find something to transition to, because at some point, we won't be able to find it :-( And I am having a very hard time finding a product of the same consistency, moisture, and how it performs on my hair (doesn't weigh it down the slightest).
    2b/3a, normal/high porosity, fine/medium texture, medium density, low elasticity

Low Poo- Tigi Colour Goddess, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT (clarify 1X/week)
    Condish- CJ Curl Rehab, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT
    Leave In- Slip Detangler, KCKT, Redken Curl Refiner
    Style- KCCC, SS CEJ, SS FHG
    Treatment- CJ Repair Me! and CJ CR

Dislikes: Too much protein, high glycerin content, and heavy oils
  • aislinaislin Posts: 864Registered Users
    Not to mention the smell! God that smell.... Just doesn't exist anywhere else in Product Land :(. I have 2.5L of MM left, and I'm going to be very sad when it's gone. Personally, I've found that CJ Strengthening conditioner (yellow label) seems to be the closest I've found to MM. I can't seem to find it in those types of stores near me anymore, but like you guys, I am always on the lookout for something to transition to.
    Wurly, fine, thin, moderately to heavily porous. Mod CG.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file