Holiday Swap 2011 - Likes/Dislikes ***see post 53! **

Comments

• AmnerisAmneris Posts: 15,117Registered Users
    Any likes?

I like to be surprised! I like jewelry, scarves, nice lotions, anything along those lines. Also, nice teas, loose or tea bag.

Or dislikes? I have more candles than I can use in a lifetime, so I don't dislike them but I don't want any more! Also not really into knick-knacks and that type of stuff.

Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald’s, Burger King, etc) :

Not fast food or chain restaurants but pretty much everything else as long as it is vegetarian/vegan.

Favorite Candy (things that won’t melt or go bad in mail) :

I'm trying to eat mostly clean and will have enough holiday candy to deal with as it is, so I don't want candy.

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc):

I am allergic to perfume. In body lotions and bath stuff etc. I like coconut, vanilla, chocolate - those rich warm scents. Also natural type scents.

Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc):

I like photography and am attempting to get started with scrapbooking but my major hobbies are writing/reading/music.

Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like):

Literature/novels, particularly post-colonial topics. I think it is the recent Giller Prize novel that I am interested in... Half-Breed Blues. That's the kind of book.

Favorite animal:

Lions.

Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like):

Drama or comedy. I have a VHS player but don't really want new VHS tapes - DVDs are better. Ones I would like that I don't have - hmmm. She's Gotta Have It, Bamboozled, White Man's Burden.

Favorite Color :

In general, red and yellow. To wear, red, jewel tones, chocolate brown, fuschia.

Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like:

Opera, classical, jazz, R & B, fusion. I mostly download my music these days. I would really love to get Esperanza Spalding on CD though.

Do you collect anything?

Only stuff when I travel.

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need?

I think the above have probably covered it! I'm interested in this Kinky Curly hair stuff everyone talks about, though!

Do you wear accessories/jewelry?

All the time!

Anything else you would like your SS to know about you:

I think the above has covered it. I like surprises - anything unique from your area or interests is super-cool! My life is all about work and family right now and I struggle to take time for me so anything that allows me that is awesome!

Are you allergic to anything or have anything in particular you prefer NOT to get (like food, hair stuff, lotion, etc):

Allergies: coffee (not really an allergy, but don't drink it because it gives me horrible migraines)
    As I said, perfume /really heavily scented things (a normal level of scent is fine for lotions and bath items and the like)
    Lactose intolerant
    Prefer no candy/junk food
    Peanut allergy
    Animal allergy (but not like anyone is mailing me a kitten!)
    Nickel allergy (for jewellry, it must be silver (or gold but obviously not relevant here), not just hypoallergenic.)
    Get used to me. Black, confident, cocky; my name, not yours; my religion, not yours; my goals, my own; get used to me. -Muhammad Ali

.png

534Pm5.png

• Trixie1979Trixie1979 Posts: 364Registered Users
    Any likes?

I like to be surprised! I like earings, love stuff from Bath and Body Works.Candles are good, nail polish, hair stuff of course lol.

Or dislikes? Not a fan of flowery scents.

Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald’s, Burger King, etc) :

I love fast food stuff but don't have it often. Any local stuff would be awesome!! I would be so happy if someone could send me some Kraft Dinner or some All Dressed Ruffle chips.

Favorite Candy (things that won’t melt or go bad in mail) :
    Again local stuff is nice. I really miss Coffee Crisp chocolate bars.

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc):

I LOVE Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar....especially the body spray! Coffee smells, mango, orange, and Dream Angel Heavenly from Victoria Secret.

Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc):

Don't really have a hobby as I don't have a lot of time. I do though do a lot of reading when I commute to work and listen to music.

Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like):

I love horror - Steven King-ish type or mystery like DaVinci Code.

Favorite animal:

I love cats

Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like):

Love horror/thriller/mystery and action

Favorite Color :

Pink is becoming my favourite colour.....deep/bright pinks. Purple, blue, turquoise

Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like:

Love Elbow and Biffy Clyro

Do you collect anything?

cute socks or mittens! (have almost 2 month supply HA!)

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need?
    Could do with a new winter scarf, the claw hair clips so I can pull my hair back at work (the smallish ones...), or hair elastics (I like the goody ones).

Do you wear accessories/jewelry?

Ya....more earrings.

Anything else you would like your SS to know about you:

Originally from Canada and now living in the UK so anything from Canada I would love!!

Are you allergic to anything or have anything in particular you prefer NOT to get (like food, hair stuff, lotion, etc):

Allergy free
    p6d5w.gif

6y2v5.gif
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Note to self: Do not send kittens to Amneris. Now what am I gonna do with all these kittens?
    : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • spring1onuspring1onu Posts: 16,528Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Note to self: Do not send kittens to Amneris. Now what am I gonna do with all these kittens?
    : )

Calvin says to let you know he can take a few off your paws....errrr, hands. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

spring-smiley.gif?1292867680

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I do have a secret yen for pink in unexpected places. ~ninja dog
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • Like.AustraliaLike.Australia Posts: 2,544Registered Users
    I don't want to ask my specific curly if they have pets, because obviously, that will give away the surprise, but can I ask a general question here:

Do any curlies involved in the swap have pets, specifically dogs? And if so, would you be ok with treats for them as a little extra present?
    Well, I'm pretty sure you know my answers are yes and yes. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Byron,GA> Charleston, SC> Jacksonville, FL> Guilford, CT> Rohnert Park, CA! A southern drawl in sunny Cali! . :D
    The amount of time from slipping on the peel and landing on the pavement is exactly one bananosecond.
    I've decided that I'll never get down to my original weight, and I'm OK with that--After all, 8 pounds 2 oz. is just not realistic.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Your curly I'm guessing no, but you can send my Rocky some :D
  • NalliaNallia Posts: 2,979Registered Users
    I have a dog and two cats and treats are always welcome. :)
    "...just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." ~Harry Dresden

a33304d72319c25b3ad2d4d075ab3bc0.jpg
    Your curly I'm guessing no, but you can send my Rocky some :D

I was trying to be discreet, WileE! Anyone interested can send me a PM. Happy to send samples around. :D
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    I don't have any doggies but where I live there are two doggies, so if I'm your curly swap feel free to send treats :)
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
    LA I'm sorry if I was out of line.
    I just thought since no one knows who your curly is, it was okay to comment :angel12:
    LA I'm sorry if I was out of line.
    I just thought since no one knows who your curly is, it was okay to comment :angel12:

You weren't - I was just joking around. No worries. :)
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    i dont have doggies, but i know two doggies who love treats.
  • kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    I have no doggies either but if I did and my curly sent me treats I would think that was very thought and for sure would appreciate it.

Good luck, L/A.
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
    Wile just likes being a troublemaker :p

• jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    I don't have any doggies, just a kitty. But I have 'stepdogs' and they love treats. : )
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
    Wile just likes being a troublemaker :p
    :evil4:
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I did a small update on my list. You have to find it! LOL
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • OBBOBB Posts: 4,174Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't have any doggies, just a kitty. But I have 'stepdogs' and they love treats. : )

i dont have any doggies or kats not anymore but who ever send them to me ill eat them myself
  • JillH410JillH410 Posts: 594Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    no pets :grommit:

I don't know how to do Wile's code, so... um...

CODE: stupid landlord
    cowash: Tresemme Naturals
    rinse out: Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Leave in: Suave naturals, whichever scent I'm into at the moment
    gel: Garnier Fructis or LA Looks

3a-3b - high porosity
    [ code] text [/code]
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    to the general giftees: are your ears pierced, do you wear earrings?

This might help some of us! Please respond if you can. Some have already stated, but I know I forgot! :oops:

Me - yes, my ears are pierced and I wear earrings. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
    My ears are pierced, but I rarely wear anything besides small studs. ETA: I get itchy with non-silver or gold jewelry.
    I have my ears pierced but I don't wear earrings because I have a nickel allergy and I'm too lazy to find nickel free jewelry. If I wasn't lazy I'd wear studs.

• nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    Yes, mine are pierced, and I love earrings of all sorts. I have no nickel allergy.
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
    My ears are pierced and I wear 7 earrings every day. Mostly silver hoops with various dangly things. But I'll wear anything.
    Ears are pierced, prefer silver toned jewelry and can be a little itchy if the earrings are super cheap. :D:lol:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pierced ears here! :toothy4:
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Posts: 3,397Registered Users
    Pierced ears here too. I'll wear any kind of earring.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I may have put it in my likes post, but my ear piercings have closed because I don't wear earrings. My hair either covers them or gets caught in them.

Siri types my posts for me.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file