Speak to me of tweezers

VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
It seems like every day there's more to tweeze than the day before...ah, the woes of middle age! I love my tweezerman tweezers for my brows, but they have the really annoying habit of breaking off chin hair before I can get the dang thing out! What kind work best on coarser chin hair? Also, slant tip or point for the chin? Thanks!
The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think breaking is just the nature of chin hairs. They're tricksy like that.

I use the Tweezerman's that cost $20 (ish). The $13(ish) ones don't work as well. Slant tip. I think the key to getting chin hairs out in one piece is to wash the face first, to remove any oils that will make the hair slipperly, and also exfoliate the area, with a wash cloth or a buff puff, to get any extra bit of skin out of the way, so there is nothing between you and your enemy, er um...I mean chin hair.

I hate chin hairs. Hate them hate them hate them. I've been known to shout "GOTCHA, you b*stard!" and do an end-zone dance in triumph after particularly difficult struggles. Hubby usually congratulates me.
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    I second the vote for the $20 Tweezerman tweezers. They're worth the money.
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If you can feel the hair, the $20 should be able to catch it.

Can't say it doesn't hurt, though.
  • VTmomVTmom Posts: 2,487Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The tweezerman ones I have that always break off the hair are the $20 ones, but they're not the slant tip. Maybe that's the difference?

Sent from my DROID2
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file