How to do big 80s hair??

For my halloween costume im going to be an 80s girl:hello1:.
I have my hair cut upto my shoulders, and its thick....I bought some hair extensions in purple,blue,green,and pink.So what hairstyles do I do to my hair??(I have 3b hair by the way)

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Turn your head upside down, put your fingers halfway into your hair, and shake for maximum volume. Then, once you turn right side up again, use A LOT of hairspray to keep it big. Do not crunch out: no movement needed!

Have Aqua Net on hand.
  • pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Edit: I missed that you are 3b (Oops). Then it probably doesn't have to be as complicated as what I posted.

This is not at all hair friendly, but this was my 80's routine. (And I'll take this opportunity to apologize to my abused 80's hair.)
    Apply mousse and some gel. Scrunch and blow dry upside down (or if you want to take curl out, use a vent brush or other non 80's brush). Depending on how big you want it, either hairspray the roots at the top of your head or ratt and then hairspray the roots at the top of your head. Bend over and blow the hairspray dry. You may want to ratt and hold the bangs straight up as you blow them dry. Also you may want to hold the wings (hair just above the ears) straight out as you blow them dry.
    Curl all of your hair towards the center back (use a heat protectant). Curl the the bottom layer of the back and the bottom layer bangs under. Spraying each curl after your done was common. Brush your hair with a vent brush (or use a wide tooth comb to separate the curls). Spray with hairspray right side up. Flip you hair upside down and spray with hair spray. Flip you head repeatedly side to side. Then shake forward and backward. (possibly spray shake and repeat this a couple times) Finish by returning upright. Arranging your curls and spray once more. You may want to spray your bangs up one more time.
    Have fun!
    ETA: Sorry Ozone layer. We didn't know.
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You're a 3b? Just brush it out. That'll do it.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • swansinaprilswansinapril Posts: 117Registered Users
    lol, this is the hair I try so hard every day NOT to get!
    Very coarse, thick, porous 3B. My biggest challenge is SOFTNESS and SHINE.

Current shampoo: Biosilk w/ added vitamin E
    Current conditioner: Lush Okra :love5:
    Leave-ins: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, KCCC
    CG didn't work for me. Oils don't work for me. Trying hard to learn how to love my hair. Read my blog.
    I did this last year with just finger combing it out. A brush would have been bigger. A 3b doesn't need much assistance to get 80s hair.

The duckface was sarcastically on purpose.

485f9495-c528-25a9.jpg

• KorkscrewKorkscrew Posts: 1,834Registered Users
    That's cute RCC :mrgreen: I agree with you too about 3b not needing much coaxing to get this big look.
    Lol, I spent much of the 80s with unintentionally large hair because everyone told me to brush it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file