We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Holy Crow -- Flat Iron vending machines in NYC Clubs

I just read this article about how these flat irons machines are popular at nightclubs in the UK, and now they're headed here. I just think that's insane! Can you imagine how many drunken partiers are going to burn themselves? All for straight hair! So funny.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nysun.com%2Farticle%2F46535" class="Popup

Comments

• tinicurlydtinicurlyd Posts: 1,053Registered Users
    too funny!..a flate fee for just 90 minutes lol i would need more time then that to straighten my hair..i couldnt even think about a flat iron in my clubs here either.. your right tho about the too many drunken girls burning themselves trying to flat iron their hair , that sure be a sight! lol :D
    Modified CG-Use Low Poo
    Use Suaves & VO5 Condish For CG-Honey+ Condish=My curls are loving it!
    *Suave gels ( love crunchy gels )*My HGs-Re:coil, Jessicurls , Boots , Loreal Spiral Curl Mousse, Tigi Amp*

*~Show Your True Beauty Cuz Curls Rock!~*
  • embudiniembudini Posts: 580Registered Users
    tinicurlyd wrote:
    too funny!..a flate fee for just 90 minutes lol i would need more time then that to straighten my hair..i couldnt even think about a flat iron in my clubs here either.. your right tho about the too many drunken girls burning themselves trying to flat iron their hair , that sure be a sight! lol :D

It's 90 seconds! :shock:
    PW: ihaveafotki :toothy2:
    Fotki UPDATED! 12-14-2007
    3A-3B layered-longer-than-shoulder-length-not-really-CG
    Former Tween Scene Columnist
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Um.... Ewww! I'm not using a flat iron that's been used by hundreds of people. :?
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • spacegirlspacegirl Posts: 149Registered Users
    Bailey422, that's what I thought! Gross!
  • DoodlesDoodles Posts: 1,984Registered Users
    embudini wrote:
    tinicurlyd wrote:

It's 90 seconds! :shock:

I guess they're for touch-ups?
    2A/2B, fine, normal porosity

Growing out a pixie as of November 2013 :elephant:

Shampoo: Elucence MBS & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Conditioner: Elucence MBC & Renpure Originals Argan Oil
    Leave-in: CJ BeautiCurls
    Stylers: BA gel & AG Re:coil

Product Junkie that keeps falling off the wagon!:tongue3:
  • tinicurlydtinicurlyd Posts: 1,053Registered Users
    Thank embudini 4 the correction :D . totally didnt realized i typed 90 mins instead of 90 secs. thats what i get for typing too fast :P
    Modified CG-Use Low Poo
    Use Suaves & VO5 Condish For CG-Honey+ Condish=My curls are loving it!
    *Suave gels ( love crunchy gels )*My HGs-Re:coil, Jessicurls , Boots , Loreal Spiral Curl Mousse, Tigi Amp*

*~Show Your True Beauty Cuz Curls Rock!~*
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    They're already available in GB... taken from the Hall of Shame forum:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.popgadget.net%2F2006%2F10%2Fstraight_up_hai.php" class="Popup

Now, I don't straighten my hair even when sober... but I could see myself, roundabout 6 am, thinking that it would be absolutely brilliant to give one of these things a try. Then waking up that afternoon to find myself with half a head of singed hair... :shock:

ETA: Derr... I just reread the first post and realized you already said it's available in the UK... :P
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • butterflyPrincess777butterflyPrincess777 Posts: 350Registered Users
    some of you might call me crazy but I think this idea is BRILLIANT!!! I remember when I used to go clubbing a lot and I'd straighten my hair and because of the heat in there and me dancing my hair would get all wavy at the front....there were so many times that I wished I had a flat iron on me...there were a few clubs that had blowdryers in the girl's washroom but never flatirons....I think it's an awesome idea...
    Was 3b then I did a soft relaxer and I think I'm now a 3a
    pw: curly
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    If you read all the way to the third page, there's something I like. The guy says that curls and waves are in this year, but after dancing and getting all sweaty, women will rather look a year out of style than look like a wet rat.

I love it! Flat-ironed hair is a year out of style! (patting curls happily)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file