Ouidad reviews

JeliahJeliah Posts: 248Registered Users
Thinking about trying some of these products but they're a little on the pricey side. What did some of you feel about this line?

Comments

• KimzimmKimzimm Posts: 1Registered Users
    I've been using Moisture Lock and Tress Effects gel for about 7 months now. My hair never looked better! Great curl defintion, moisturized, and shine.

However, for the last month, my hair has looked dull and lifeless! I've switched back to KCCC this week to give my hair a break.
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Never used their products.. there's a thread about "Products and their Bases" which opened my eyes about hair products. Most of them use a base formula and just slap their own label on it, and the consumer thinks because it's different "brands" that these are all different formulas when they aren't.

I stick to budget friendly products.. see my signature.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • JeliahJeliah Posts: 248Registered Users
    @BekkaPoo Thanks!!! I think I was having a product junkie relapse lol. There's nothing wrong with the products I use now. I think I just need to find a good gel alternative and I should be good for awhile
  • subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    Love the climate control gel. The rest...meh. if your hair hates protein, definitely stay away.

Blame it on the cell phone...
  • JeliahJeliah Posts: 248Registered Users
    subbrock wrote: »
    Love the climate control gel. The rest...meh. if your hair hates protein, definitely stay away.

Blame it on the cell phone...

see now you got me interested again lol. I think I will give that gel a try
  • followmeskyfollowmesky Posts: 287Registered Users
    I've tried these products and did nothing great for my hair. At the time, the only product that seemed to work a bit was their gel.

If you order, get it from sephora. At least, you can try it and if does not work, return it.

If only there were better policies out there for curly hair, especially because our hair is pretty much a trial and error. I personally think companies take advantage of this and milk it.
    3b/C with nicer curls on the bottom!
    Hair: naturally very dry and VERY porous
    hair seems to be moody.
    Does not seem to like oils
    Does not like protein or too much?
    Does not like rich products

So, I ask myself. What does it like? That is the question, and I'm on a mission.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file