Help! Can't get my hair dry!

I can't get my hair dry. What did I do wrong?

This is what I did: I wanted to rinse my hair today because the lengths were full of product. And I didn't want to use poo on my head, because my scalp still felt very dry from clarifying a couple of days ago. And I had major crown-frizz and frizzy ends as well. So I decided to put a mixture of water, conditioner and oil in the ends of my hair, spray some water in the rest of my hair and then I put some AVG+honey (2:1) on my scalp. In de lengths I put a mixture of CPR Motions and AVG and let it all sit for 30 min.

After that I rinsed it all out in the shower, massaging my scalp. Then I poored some diluted acv-rinse over my scalp (works always soothing for me) and a bit of diluted KCKT over the lengths and let it sit while I washed myself. Then I rinsed very well and detangled my hair (was very easy).
Out of the shower I put a little bit of JCGS in and then a tiny bit of coconut oil mixed with CCSS. I plopped for 10 minutes, then scrunched a bit of hard to hold gel in. And plopped again for 20 min. Then pixiediffused. That was like 5 hours ago (!) I never had this before.
Why does it take this long to dry??

My hair looks now: greasy, producty, weight down, with frizzy halo. And I also think the gel didn't distribute very well either.

The only thing I never did before was: mixing some honey through the AVG instead of using only AVG on my scalp.
And mixing a bit of coconut oil with CCSS.
But when hair stays wet and with halo-frizz, that should only happen when it not moisturized enough. That cannot be it, can it?
I also used only small amounts of styling products.

Where did I go wrong in this process?

Sent from my HTC Legend using CurlTalk App
2B/C-3A) fine - low porosity
Routine:
Wash: Daily Fix,SMT, Kesham, Urtekram
RO: Motions CPR Li, Inecto Cocos co, AO GPB, KCTT
acv-rinse, sometimes honey-rinse
LI: coconut oil (winter), CJBC-LI
Styling: AVG, Etos Solid Power Gel, Taft gel, CJPP, JCCC, BRHG
Plopping~Pixiecurl diffuse~clipping
KrullenWijzer.blogspot.nl

Comments

• wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    Have you ever just water-washed before? I have tried to get water-washing to work for me, but it always turns out to be an epic fail for me. It doesn't wash out any product, so my hair looks greasy and stringy and producty, like you described. Maybe the "leftover" product in your hair made it take longer to dry, also? It sounds to me like you need more protein, too. I am pretty sure my hair gets frizzy when wet when I need some protein. Maybe the honey had something to do with it as well.
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • DevushkaDevushka Posts: 1,080Registered Users
    Maybe the "leftover" product in your hair made it take longer to dry, also? It sounds to me like you need more protein, too. I am pretty sure my hair gets frizzy when wet when I need some protein. Maybe the honey had something to do with it as well.

Those were the thoughts I had also -- that enough of the product in it from before hadn't gotten rinsed out this time, and that maybe you could use some protein. Not necessarily any kind of hardcore PT, but just some to get your hair back in the right moisture balance. ??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3b / Fine / Low (to Med) Density / Normal Porosity & Elasticity
    Currently Using [*Holy Grails*]
    Cleansers: DC No-Poo / DC Low-Poo / *BaSo & ACV*
    Co-Washes/ROs: CJ Beauticurls Argan & OO / DC OneC / Organicals DC Creme
    Additives: *Silk Amino Acids* / Honeyquat / Fragrance Oils
    LIs (found some!): KCKT / CJ Beauticurls LI / CJ Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Condish
    DTs: *Coconut Oil* rinses / *Honey*, EVOO, & DC OneC / CJ Curl Rehab
    Sealer: *DM Super Buttercreme*
    Goal: APL Hair
  • Robin-in-FLRobin-in-FL Posts: 1,731Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Huh. I would certainly not consider 5 hours a long time for waist length hair to take to dry, mine took a lot longer than that to dry when it was long...If it's unusual for you, though, perhaps you just got more moisture into it than usual. That's not a bad thing IMO.

But the stringiness and all sounds wierd - I don't think you can get oil out without a surfectant, so perhaps you are just still oiled?
    2c / C / iii (FIA)
    Med-Coarse, LowPorosity, NormalElast (LCLF)

Shoulder-Length now.

Wash: DevaCare Low Poo
    Detangle & Rinseout: Walgreens or Sally's Conditioning Balm (always)
    Leave-in: DevaCare OneC (budget choice is GFTN)
    Style: ReCoil & DevaCare Arc Angel (budget choices are HESMU or Got2BSpikedUp)

Henna!
  • DevushkaDevushka Posts: 1,080Registered Users
    As a word of encouragement, rapunzel4ever, I regularly use coconut oil and evoo and never have to use surfectants to get them out. What doesn't soak into my hair has been rinsing out cleanly. But that's how those two particular oils work on my hair, and everyone's hair is different. :) I don't have a lot of experience using lots of other oils (but I'm hoping to add camellia oil to my list soon!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3b / Fine / Low (to Med) Density / Normal Porosity & Elasticity
    Currently Using [*Holy Grails*]
    Cleansers: DC No-Poo / DC Low-Poo / *BaSo & ACV*
    Co-Washes/ROs: CJ Beauticurls Argan & OO / DC OneC / Organicals DC Creme
    Additives: *Silk Amino Acids* / Honeyquat / Fragrance Oils
    LIs (found some!): KCKT / CJ Beauticurls LI / CJ Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Condish
    DTs: *Coconut Oil* rinses / *Honey*, EVOO, & DC OneC / CJ Curl Rehab
    Sealer: *DM Super Buttercreme*
    Goal: APL Hair
  • rapunzel4everrapunzel4ever Posts: 557Registered Users
    Thanks for your replies! I wouldn't have considered it a water wash, because I thought that, the AVG+honey mix and the condish stuff on the lengths would work as a mild surfactant.
    I regularly use a pre-wash conditioner mix with a bit of oil in it on my ends (for about 4 years) and it never caused any problems for me, so I don't think that would be the problem.

I think you're right about not getting previously used products out with the mild products I used. So I will low-poo today (sulfate-free) and see what will happen.

When I don't diffuse 5 hours is not an extremely long time to dry, but when I diffuse for 85% dry it usually takes another 2,5 hours.

Well, I'll look on the bright side: the halo-frizz I'm getting is curly and not straight, and I'm going to swim today so the extra moisture in my hair is a plus ;-)

Sent from my HTC Legend using CurlTalk App
    2B/C-3A) fine - low porosity
    Routine:
    Wash: Daily Fix,SMT, Kesham, Urtekram
    RO: Motions CPR Li, Inecto Cocos co, AO GPB, KCTT
    acv-rinse, sometimes honey-rinse
    LI: coconut oil (winter), CJBC-LI
    Styling: AVG, Etos Solid Power Gel, Taft gel, CJPP, JCCC, BRHG
    Plopping~Pixiecurl diffuse~clipping
    KrullenWijzer.blogspot.nl

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list