HELP!!!!!!

Kurlygirly0204Kurlygirly0204 Posts: 50Registered Users
Heyy curly girls XD
I want to experiment alot so i need all ur opinions. Can u all tell me ur hair routines?
Start from in the shower until it is finished. I have 3b (or what Mrs. Massey calls botticelli curls) so plz give me all ur hair routines!!

Comments

• Kurlygirly0204Kurlygirly0204 Posts: 50Registered Users
    Anyone??
  • maycon55maycon55 Posts: 85Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Curl type isn't the only thing that matters. What matters most is your hair properties. What is your texture, porosity, and elasticity? Once you know then you can seek advice from experienced curls with your same properties.

The experimentation with what your hair likes and dislikes will be easier.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App
    2c/3a

Texture: Medium-Fine
    Porosity: Normal
    Elasticity: Normal

Poo: Kinky-Curly Come Clean
    Co-Wash:Suave Naturals Waterfall
    RO: GVP Conditioning Balm, TreSemme Naturals Vibrantly Smooth
    LI: KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, Frizz -Free Volumizing Foam

CG since July 2011 :shock:
  • love2bcurlylove2bcurly Posts: 27Registered Users
    To start I only wash every other day..and when I do its a co wash (Using the conditioner only method). I usually spent 20 minutes in the shower I like to make sure my scalp is CLEAN. Then I condition. While it's wet I detangle then put my gel in, then wrap my hair up using the "plop" method (for about 20 minutes) and unwrap and DOnE!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    :wave:
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i wash with a sulfate free once or twice a week, on the other days i just use water and rub my scalp. when im out i squeeze as much water out as i can, then plop for 5 or 10 mins. then i put tones of condish in my hair and detangel. then i message same nettle water on my scalp, and scrunch same coconut oil in, i take a bit more and seal my ends with it.
    in the morning, i wet my hair a bit to refresh my curls, then put condish in and argan oil.a few times a week ill do a herbal rinse and do a deep treatment.

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • curls7curls7 Posts: 18Registered Users
    Hey :)
    I have 3b hair also. I struggled with my hair like ALOT before i figured out how to do it.... i dont have a camera or anything so sadly i cant show you pics. I have a routine that works really well so here...
    1. Comb hair in shower w/ wide toothed comb and lots and lots of conditioner start at bottom. get out dry it either towel dry or what ever works NO blow drying!! Split hair in 2 comb through. use quite a bit of LA Looks gel, an even amount of gel on each side. Be sure to make sure there are barley any knots in your hair and then put a little bit of leave in or just normal conditioner i suggest going to save mart or a drug store to get a non alcohol non sulfate crap conditioner like brazillian smooth or fuctice (as well as shampoo: off topic;)) after adding even amounts of gel and conditioner comb 2 sides together. after that let hair air dry for about 10 to 15 minutes and flip hair frequently just to loosen curls. After that, tie hair in 3 scunchies in a low low ponytail one scrunchie on top and in the middle and on the end / bottom. sleep on it :) When you wake up hair should be curly but with quite a few messy waves. take hair out and what i like to do is flip it and then wait a little like 5 minutes. I then flatten it a little bit with iron and then style as wish
    Sorry it was so long but its a lot of detail i hope this helps ;) BTW these products are very inexpensive so this cost not a lot atall :))))))
  • happytreefunhappytreefun Posts: 59Registered Users
    Hey I'm a 3b too so I hope I can help you out some because I know how frustrating it can be to find the right routine. What I do is I start off in the morning and take a shower and while I'm in the shower I use Deva Curl Nopoo which is a sulfate free cleanser and then I use herbal essences Hello Hydration conditioner. I let the conditioner set in my hair for a minute or two then I comb my hair with a widetoothed comb to get all the tangles out. I always comb my hair when the conditioner is still in it because I heard somewhere that the conditioner acts as a protector agains damage as you're removing tangles. After I wash out all the conditioner I squeeze the excess water from my hair. I never wrap my hair in a towel once that's done because it causes hair to frizz. After I get dresses and everything I comb my wet hair again and I apply Deva Curl B'Leave In throughout my hair and scrunch it and then I spray Deva Curl Set it Free spray in to help moisturize my hair and fight frizz. then I put my hair in whatever style I feel like for the day and wah-la! My routine is done! I really hoped this has helped you some and I wish you luck!!
  • chocolate<3chocolate<3 Posts: 17Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It took me so long to find a routine that really works for me. And I'm still looking! But the one I have right now is aiight. What I do is I'll wash my hair with water/conditioner/or baking soda ( depending on how greasy it is :p ). Then I'll comb it through while I'm still in the shower with a wide toothed comb. After I get out of the shower I scrunch gel into it (the amount depends on how much hair you have and also your hair might just be too crazy and wild so it'll take a bit more), and put it into my old t-shirt plop until I'm done getting ready for school or whatever. Then I'll take it down and let it airdry. And that's it!

I use Suave Naturals conditioner and Dippity-do gel.

Hope I helped. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file