As a new natural I need advice

Msjazminej20Msjazminej20 Posts: 8Registered Users
As a new natural I was wondering do any of u guys have any tips or advice u wanna give me??? I would highly appreciate it

Comments

• mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome! I'm no expert and know nothing about your individual hair issues but I can tell you that these boards are a great resource for info and support. My best advice would be to read, read, read and experiment, experiment, experiment. There is no one answer that works for all of us here! Have patience and keep your sense of humor. You'll find a routine and products that work best for you. Post what works for you - and what doesn't. That's how we all learn what to try and what to avoid. Good luck! Enjoy the journey!
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • chicabellezachicabelleza Posts: 82Registered Users
    Arm yourself with knowledge. Also experimenting is awesome but something I had to learn was not everything that works for my favorite youtubers will work for me. So if you see after the first few times that something isn't working, then stop trying...it saves money & hair. But it is cool to try different things. I finally looked into henna & I'm in love :)

Sent from my M865 using CurlTalk App
  • DevushkaDevushka Posts: 1,080Registered Users
    Think about keeping a hair diary. I started keeping a detailed one a few weeks after I went natural with my hair, and I credit it with helping me more easily zero in on what's working and what isn't working with my hair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3b / Fine / Low (to Med) Density / Normal Porosity & Elasticity
    Currently Using [*Holy Grails*]
    Cleansers: DC No-Poo / DC Low-Poo / *BaSo & ACV*
    Co-Washes/ROs: CJ Beauticurls Argan & OO / DC OneC / Organicals DC Creme
    Additives: *Silk Amino Acids* / Honeyquat / Fragrance Oils
    LIs (found some!): KCKT / CJ Beauticurls LI / CJ Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Condish
    DTs: *Coconut Oil* rinses / *Honey*, EVOO, & DC OneC / CJ Curl Rehab
    Sealer: *DM Super Buttercreme*
    Goal: APL Hair
  • chicabellezachicabelleza Posts: 82Registered Users
    That's something I need to start doing.
    Devushka wrote: »
    Think about keeping a hair diary. I started keeping a detailed one a few weeks after I went natural with my hair, and I credit it with helping me more easily zero in on what's working and what isn't working with my hair.

Sent from my M865 using CurlTalk App
  • VeecoilyVeecoily Posts: 6Registered Users
    Well I am new to this forum, but not new to natural hair. First we would need more information on the status of your hair. Are u relaxed and transitioning. Are you natural? And what is your hair goal?... But regardless of these questions to achieve healthy hair in any state it takes two things. You need to keep it strong(protein on and protein in) You need to keep moisturized (water on and water in). Your hair needs to be strong and it needs to have some elastisity. So that when you manipulate it, it will stretch, but not pop and break. And although our hair is made up of 97% keratin(protein), due to improper diet and harsh styling routines, our natural protein becomes weak. So many people need to do protein treatments to make up for this lost. These are not the only 2 things you need to do, but they are the most important things you should start with.
    :afro:Loving my coily hair because it grows towards the Sun giving praise to my Lord!
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,634Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Great advice and friendship, ladies!

Our posters are so amazing. :)

Welcome, Msjazminej20!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Msjazminej20Msjazminej20 Posts: 8Registered Users
    Hi u guys I no I'm a LOL late but I wanna say thank u all.
    I started off transitioning for 6months then I chopped off all my relaxed ends & March 1st will make a full year I've been natural. I've been looking at a lot of YouTube channels for advice & tips. I also found some great products to use & work for my hair. Dnt really have a goal length. Just to have strong healthy hair.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file