CurlTalk

Removing dimethicone!! HELLPP!!!!!

can you remove dimethicone with baking soda and ACV???
I bought a conditioner not knowing it had dimethicone, apparently they had changed the ingredients of the conditioner.. .:sad11:

help please!!!!!
Soon from shoulder length to bra length, while curly.

Hair Routine:
Organic Conditioner to cleanse and leave in
Almond, EVOO, or Castor Oil to seal.
No gel, but if needed FSG

3bc. some rare parts in 3a. I have mixed hair due to heat damage and texturizers.
medium thickness.
normal density.
normal porosity.
dark brown.

No Pooie since Oct. 6th 2010:blob2:

Comments

  • Jas76Jas76 Posts: 2,283Registered Users
    Yes! Put some BS in your cowash, the do an acv rinse or put acv into your RO, or even LI.

    Should do the trick!!
    2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

    Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
    clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
    Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
    RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
    LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
    Seal - MO or Jojoba
    DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
    Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
    Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing
  • DevushkaDevushka Posts: 1,080Registered Users
    Just curious -- Which conditioner was it that changed its ingredients?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3b / Fine / Low (to Med) Density / Normal Porosity & Elasticity
    Currently Using [*Holy Grails*]
    Cleansers: DC No-Poo / DC Low-Poo / *BaSo & ACV*
    Co-Washes/ROs: CJ Beauticurls Argan & OO / DC OneC / Organicals DC Creme
    Additives: *Silk Amino Acids* / Honeyquat / Fragrance Oils
    LIs (found some!): KCKT / CJ Beauticurls LI / CJ Curl Assurance Smoothing Daily Condish
    DTs: *Coconut Oil* rinses / *Honey*, EVOO, & DC OneC / CJ Curl Rehab
    Sealer: *DM Super Buttercreme*
    Goal: APL Hair
  • CheetaraCheetara Posts: 2,182Registered Users
    If you only used it once and your hair feels fine, there's a good chance it didn't deposit enough dimethicone to make much difference.
    Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
    2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

    Cleansers -
    Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

    Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

    I live in the NYC area.


  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    I used to think a BS scrub and accompanying ACV rinse could remove 'cones, but I was corrected by someone on here, and now I believe that only cocamidopropyl betaine or a sulfate shampoo can remove 'cones (I guess the theory is that you need definite detergents to remove 'cones -- baking soda is a great clarifier, but I don't think it has 'cone-removing qualities :)). You can just use something cheap like a diluted Suave shampoo or a low poo with coco betaine in it. ;)
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

    Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • gniesamgniesam Posts: 127Registered Users
    Devushka wrote: »
    Just curious -- Which conditioner was it that changed its ingredients?

    Beauty Without Cruelty Moisture Plus Conditioner.. :(
    Soon from shoulder length to bra length, while curly.

    Hair Routine:
    Organic Conditioner to cleanse and leave in
    Almond, EVOO, or Castor Oil to seal.
    No gel, but if needed FSG

    3bc. some rare parts in 3a. I have mixed hair due to heat damage and texturizers.
    medium thickness.
    normal density.
    normal porosity.
    dark brown.

    No Pooie since Oct. 6th 2010:blob2:
  • gniesamgniesam Posts: 127Registered Users
    so you guys are saying that if my hair reacts well to it, to not worry? can it be used as a sealant??

    i really don't want to use shampoo, I've been a year poo free, and reallyyy don't want to step into it again. :/
    Soon from shoulder length to bra length, while curly.

    Hair Routine:
    Organic Conditioner to cleanse and leave in
    Almond, EVOO, or Castor Oil to seal.
    No gel, but if needed FSG

    3bc. some rare parts in 3a. I have mixed hair due to heat damage and texturizers.
    medium thickness.
    normal density.
    normal porosity.
    dark brown.

    No Pooie since Oct. 6th 2010:blob2:
  • wavysuewavysue Posts: 363Registered Users
    oh for heavens sake you used it ONCE you'll be fine, don't continue using it if you don't plan on using a sulphate free cleanser though. are you sure it didn't have a PEG in front of it which makes it water soluble??? you should post a full ingredient list if you can.
    2B waves/ fine-med texture/normal porosity( I think?) trying to figure out my protein needs

    AOGPB, SS Caitlins, Garnier Body Boost Condish
    CJ Daily Fix or KC Come Clean
    CJ Curl Fix is true LOVE:compress:
    Love all SS products
    Donna Marie Miragelly & my own FSG
    AG MousseGel
    BRHG
  • gniesamgniesam Posts: 127Registered Users
    wavysue wrote: »
    oh for heavens sake you used it ONCE you'll be fine, don't continue using it if you don't plan on using a sulphate free cleanser though. are you sure it didn't have a PEG in front of it which makes it water soluble??? you should post a full ingredient list if you can.

    >>Purified water, Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice*, cetearyl alcohol,
    glyceryl stearate, glycerin, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, panthenol, soy
    protein,dimethicone, Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, behentrimonium
    methosulfate, sodium pca, inositol, Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) extract, Salvia
    officinalis (sage) extract, Equisetum arvense (horsetail) extract, Urtica dioica
    (nettle) extract, Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) extract,
    amodimethicone, Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil, soy lecithin, ascorbic acid,
    citric acid, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, ethyl hexyl glycerin, Cananga
    odorata (ylang ylang) oil*, Lavandula hybrida (lavandin) oil*<<

    the ingredients I found on the bottle.

    I left some on my hair today, and it felt soft, but I suppose it was just the silicone coating the strand. I just wish they would of updated the ingredient list before I bought it.. -__-
    Soon from shoulder length to bra length, while curly.

    Hair Routine:
    Organic Conditioner to cleanse and leave in
    Almond, EVOO, or Castor Oil to seal.
    No gel, but if needed FSG

    3bc. some rare parts in 3a. I have mixed hair due to heat damage and texturizers.
    medium thickness.
    normal density.
    normal porosity.
    dark brown.

    No Pooie since Oct. 6th 2010:blob2:
  • Gilly07Gilly07 Posts: 95Registered Users
    OK, Deep breath, calm down I have not heard of dimethicone causing anything really life threatening, your head won't explode and I doubt very much that all your hair will drop off in lumps either.
    Just wash it out with the appropriate method and resume a normal life!

    Seriously though, don't stress, it will come out.
  • gniesamgniesam Posts: 127Registered Users
    Gilly07 wrote: »
    OK, Deep breath, calm down I have not heard of dimethicone causing anything really life threatening, your head won't explode and I doubt very much that all your hair will drop off in lumps either.
    Just wash it out with the appropriate method and resume a normal life!

    Seriously though, don't stress, it will come out.

    i'll try not to, but the thing is that i dont want to have ti use shampoo.. :(
    Soon from shoulder length to bra length, while curly.

    Hair Routine:
    Organic Conditioner to cleanse and leave in
    Almond, EVOO, or Castor Oil to seal.
    No gel, but if needed FSG

    3bc. some rare parts in 3a. I have mixed hair due to heat damage and texturizers.
    medium thickness.
    normal density.
    normal porosity.
    dark brown.

    No Pooie since Oct. 6th 2010:blob2:
  • ItsRainingCurlzItsRainingCurlz Posts: 114Registered Users
    gniesam wrote: »
    wavysue wrote: »
    oh for heavens sake you used it ONCE you'll be fine, don't continue using it if you don't plan on using a sulphate free cleanser though. are you sure it didn't have a PEG in front of it which makes it water soluble??? you should post a full ingredient list if you can.

    >>Purified water, Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice*, cetearyl alcohol,
    glyceryl stearate, glycerin, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, panthenol, soy
    protein,dimethicone, Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, behentrimonium
    methosulfate, sodium pca, inositol, Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) extract, Salvia
    officinalis (sage) extract, Equisetum arvense (horsetail) extract, Urtica dioica
    (nettle) extract, Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) extract,
    amodimethicone, Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil, soy lecithin, ascorbic acid,
    citric acid, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, ethyl hexyl glycerin, Cananga
    odorata (ylang ylang) oil*, Lavandula hybrida (lavandin) oil*<<

    the ingredients I found on the bottle.

    I left some on my hair today, and it felt soft, but I suppose it was just the silicone coating the strand. I just wish they would of updated the ingredient list before I bought it.. -__-

    Wait, you used it again? If you are going to continue using it, you are eventually going to have to use a sulfate shampoo....or is this the one time you used it?
    3A Med texture, normal porosity and elasticity
    CG since August 2010 and loving it :wink:
    Currently loving: Giovanni's tea tree low 'poo(once a week), GVP Conditioning Balm or Nubian Heritage Coconut and Papaya Conditioner, Honey DT's, Honey in my gel:P
    Style: Gel Biosilk's Hardrock Gelee(my HG) OR Beyond The Zone Noodle Head Curl Mousse or Alba Botanical Strong Hold Gel


    Loves me some VOLUME So no clumps here, Thanks!
  • Gilly07Gilly07 Posts: 95Registered Users
    gniesam wrote: »
    Gilly07 wrote: »
    OK, Deep breath, calm down I have not heard of dimethicone causing anything really life threatening, your head won't explode and I doubt very much that all your hair will drop off in lumps either.
    Just wash it out with the appropriate method and resume a normal life!

    Seriously though, don't stress, it will come out.

    i'll try not to, but the thing is that i dont want to have ti use shampoo.. :(

    But you have used shampoo in the past I assume??? Just once won't kill you, and don't beat yourself up about it.
    I think its a shame that you feel that its a MAJOR problem to just do something as simple as this, one wash and its gone, no more stress, no silicone in hair, instead you seem to be wrestling with the guilt of actually fixing your hair (although there is NOTHING to be feeling guilty about!) as I said before, just get rid of it and resume normal life.
    Oh, and read ingredients before you use them next time!;)
  • wavysuewavysue Posts: 363Registered Users
    gniesam wrote: »
    wavysue wrote: »
    oh for heavens sake you used it ONCE you'll be fine, don't continue using it if you don't plan on using a sulphate free cleanser though. are you sure it didn't have a PEG in front of it which makes it water soluble??? you should post a full ingredient list if you can.

    >>Purified water, Aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice*, cetearyl alcohol,
    glyceryl stearate, glycerin, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, panthenol, soy
    protein,dimethicone, Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract, behentrimonium
    methosulfate, sodium pca, inositol, Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) extract, Salvia
    officinalis (sage) extract, Equisetum arvense (horsetail) extract, Urtica dioica
    (nettle) extract, Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) extract,
    amodimethicone, Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil, soy lecithin, ascorbic acid,
    citric acid, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, ethyl hexyl glycerin, Cananga
    odorata (ylang ylang) oil*, Lavandula hybrida (lavandin) oil*<<

    the ingredients I found on the bottle.

    I left some on my hair today, and it felt soft, but I suppose it was just the silicone coating the strand. I just wish they would of updated the ingredient list before I bought it.. -__-

    Wait, you used it again? If you are going to continue using it, you are eventually going to have to use a sulfate shampoo....or is this the one time you used it?
    She doesn't need a sulphate shampoo a non sulphate cleanser (CJ Daily Fix Deva NO POO) with coco-betaine( or however you spell it) is fine. You can even dilute a sulphate shampoo with water in a little bottle & it will be like using a non-sulphate shampoo. No biggie. I agree with Gilly stop feeling guilty already!
    2B waves/ fine-med texture/normal porosity( I think?) trying to figure out my protein needs

    AOGPB, SS Caitlins, Garnier Body Boost Condish
    CJ Daily Fix or KC Come Clean
    CJ Curl Fix is true LOVE:compress:
    Love all SS products
    Donna Marie Miragelly & my own FSG
    AG MousseGel
    BRHG
  • gniesamgniesam Posts: 127Registered Users
    Sulfate free cocamidopropyl betaine cleanser it is..
    It's not that I feel guilty. lol, I'm just upset that the website didn't update their ingredient list.. Besides, it has taken so long to restore my mistreated hair, I just don't want to ruin it again. :P
    Soon from shoulder length to bra length, while curly.

    Hair Routine:
    Organic Conditioner to cleanse and leave in
    Almond, EVOO, or Castor Oil to seal.
    No gel, but if needed FSG

    3bc. some rare parts in 3a. I have mixed hair due to heat damage and texturizers.
    medium thickness.
    normal density.
    normal porosity.
    dark brown.

    No Pooie since Oct. 6th 2010:blob2:
  • gniesamgniesam Posts: 127Registered Users
    btw, Thank you guys SO MUCH for helping me out and having patience with me.. :toothy7:
    Soon from shoulder length to bra length, while curly.

    Hair Routine:
    Organic Conditioner to cleanse and leave in
    Almond, EVOO, or Castor Oil to seal.
    No gel, but if needed FSG

    3bc. some rare parts in 3a. I have mixed hair due to heat damage and texturizers.
    medium thickness.
    normal density.
    normal porosity.
    dark brown.

    No Pooie since Oct. 6th 2010:blob2: