Cush Cosmetics

Ogo'mOgo'm Registered Users Posts: 242
I have searched, but cannot seem to find any threads on this line in here.

I have been eyeing this line for a short while. I have read/watched the few reviews out there, but it is a bit pricey so I will like to get as much information as possible before I invest. I am interested in trying the Cush Uncoiled, the Moisturize Me Leave-in, and the Curl Extender.

Anyone use these products? What are your thoughts? It would be greatly appreciated if you could include your hair's texture and porosity as well. I find it hard to gauge reviews if I don't know the person's hair properties.

Thank you so much!

Comments

• CocoTCocoT Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    I saw elle did some reviews on her youtube page a while back and she really liked a couple of the products. The sizes looked really small for the prices, but if the product is good quality and whatnot, it can balance out I suppose.

Other than her reviews, there are some other reviews on youtube. I haven't seen those though.

Unfortunately, sometimes there may not be a lot of reviews out there for products you want.
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • Ogo'mOgo'm Registered Users Posts: 242
    Thanks. I watched Elle's videos. I guess I would just take the plunge.
  • naturalyogininaturalyogini Registered Users Posts: 430
    Ogo'm wrote: »
    Thanks. I watched Elle's videos. I guess I would just take the plunge.
    I'm interested in this line too. What did you get? Any reviews?
    Reviews?? You want reviews I got 'em

Buriti Hair lotion: Truly a detangling, moisturizing lotion with LOTS of slip. I loooove this product. I use it on damp or dry hair. Great on twist outs for me. I have fine, thin hair. It is a thick lotion product. Good stuff

Creme de Palm: A white thick cream with LOTS of slip. It also detangles. Great on wet or dry hair. I sometimes use this as a wng with gel on top.

Refreshing Serum: Light liquid with a silky feel. Moisturizes nicely and has a slight hold. It reminds me of a lighter version of Qhemet Karkady tea w/o the glycerin stickiness.

Huile Supreme: Has the consistency of a deep conditioner. I like it but don't love it because it doesn't have slip. If it did, I'd use it as a conditioner instead of a leave-in because of the great ingredients. My mother has relaxed hair and she loves this product. So I think it's better for softer hair types.

Uncoiled conditioner: Did nothing for my hair. No slip or detangling.

Hydrate me: Strange product. It's like a serum. It has amazing slip BUT no moisture for me. However, if you have a conditioner that has no slip, add this to it and wow!

Moisturize Me: Did nothing for my hair. No slip or moisture.

Mango shampoo bar: my hair is too porous for shampoo bars so I had no luck with this one. In fact, they have added a note saying that this bar is for low to normal porosity hair.

Mango pomade: Love this. Only gripe that $16 is too much for 2oz.

That's all I've tried so far. I ordered the hair gel and will report back on how that works.

And no I don't work for the company :)

Buriti Hair lotion: Truly a detangling, moisturizing lotion with LOTS of slip. I loooove this product. I use it on damp or dry hair. Great on twist outs for me. I have fine, thin hair. It is a thick lotion product. Good stuff

Creme de Palm: A white thick cream with LOTS of slip. It also detangles. Great on wet or dry hair. I sometimes use this as a wng with gel on top.

Refreshing Serum: Light liquid with a silky feel. Moisturizes nicely and has a slight hold. It reminds me of a lighter version of Qhemet Karkady tea w/o the glycerin stickiness.

Huile Supreme: Has the consistency of a deep conditioner. I like it but don't love it because it doesn't have slip. If it did, I'd use it as a conditioner instead of a leave-in because of the great ingredients. My mother has relaxed hair and she loves this product. So I think it's better for softer hair types.

Hydrate me: Strange product. It's like a serum. It has amazing slip BUT no moisture for me. However, if you have a conditioner that has no slip, add this to it and wow!

Mango shampoo bar: my hair is too porous for shampoo bars so I had no luck with this one. In fact, they have added a note saying that this bar is for low to normal porosity hair.

That's all I've tried so far. I ordered the hair gel and will report back on how that works.

WHAT?!

Someone is selling a 2oz product for $16??????? :eek:
    My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse. :happy6:

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with! :love8:
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Registered Users Posts: 3,982
    Can't do Cush. The bottles are too small and the prices are too high. The ingredients aren't anything special, IMO.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
  • sweetmx85sweetmx85 Registered Users Posts: 1,017 Curl Neophyte
    i just did a review for them on yt for the creme de palm. i liked it. my hair is still soft today. i have yet to try a spray he sent me. once my son is better ill get to try it and let you know. the jar was tiny but i figured it was a sample size? it was 2 oz
    my blog
    http://curlygirlie85.blogspot.com/
    Its a beauty, natural hair, food, family, and life all combined into one blog. I took a break from it for awhile but I recently started blogging again and Im addicted!

my tumblr natural inspirations and beauty: http://sophiams85.tumblr.com/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    sweetmx85 wrote: »
    i just did a review for them on yt for the creme de palm. i liked it. my hair is still soft today. i have yet to try a spray he sent me. once my son is better ill get to try it and let you know. the jar was tiny but i figured it was a sample size? it was 2 oz
    I love this product too. They are going to release 4 & 8 ounces. Wish they would hurry up and do it. I'm on my 3rd jar of this!!

Yeahhhhhboi, Im on my smartphone!!!
    I received my items, and some samples

Yeahhhhhboi, Im on my smartphone!!!
    nm
  • CurlyElectraCurlyElectra Registered Users Posts: 1,145 Curl Neophyte
    Reviews?? You want reviews I got 'em

WHAT?!

Someone is selling a 2oz product for $16??????? :eek:

Well...it's really $13. It's pretty expensive, but I've had mine for like a year.
  • CurlyElectraCurlyElectra Registered Users Posts: 1,145 Curl Neophyte
    The Creme de Palm is coming out next week in the 8oz for $15. Not too shabby.
  • CerendipityCerendipity Registered Users Posts: 5,091 Curl Novice
    ok so yup im impressed and Im going back for more when I get the chance

I used the Creme de Palm Conditioner and the Buriti Lotion to put some bantu knots in on dry hair. My hair feels great and if the knots dont work out I know my hair will be ultra moisturized

When I had my braids in I used the spritz and its FAB. I only have a swallow left to try on my loose hair but I will be purchasing from this line again
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Registered Users Posts: 3,982
    Looks like Cush has been hangin' out here. They now have 8oz products. good move. I'll take the plunge in the fall. It's too hot to be ordering butters/lotions.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
  • blulightblulight Registered Users Posts: 131
    I love Mango Pomade. More on wet hair than dry, great sealant, makes my hair incredibly soft and isn't heavy, very easy to spread, doesn't make my hair feel producty at all, just soft. With some butters and pomades it starts out soft too, but gets hard and dry feeling by the end of the day or next morning, but this one doesn't. Love the scent, very refined, reminds me of some kind of high end perfume, so I don't wear any other fragrance with it because I want it to be the only scent, wish it was sold in spray form.

Curl Extender, or whatever it's called, was awful on me though. Dry, frizzy, undefined mess, I poured the contents down the drain after just one use, it was that bad. Scent of this was really nice as well, but unfortunately it's not the type of product that can be used on skin if it doesn't work out on hair.

Customer service is really good. I had some questions and got very quick and very nice responses, and shipping was fast.
    3b/fine/thick/normal porosity/bsl

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file