Hair at night?

anthonyabbott89anthonyabbott89 Posts: 4Registered Users
Hey guys I was wondering what is everyone doing with their hair when they go to bed? Are you using a regular pillow case? wearing anything on your hair? etc.

Comments

• manemanmaneman Posts: 136Registered Users
    I sleep on a satin pillowcase (they are so much smoother than regular cotton ones) and I've noticed that my hair isn't as dry in the morning if I just sleep on that. I think you could probably get one for less than $10 at a beauty supply store or somewhere Kmart too.

As my hair has gotten bigger/longer I started sleeping in a cap or hood of some sort as that helps with preventing tangles too but sometimes I'm just too lazy to do that, especially after a long day or night, so that's why the pillowcase is always there. I usually put some oil or conditioner on my ends too and that helps with minimizing knots too. HTH!
    Check out my blog: http://manemanblog.com.
    If you're a curly guy and would like to be featured then check out the Contact page and hit me up!

Favorite products:
    Shampoo: KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals
    Styling: Donna Marie Dream Curling Cream, EcoStyler Gel (pink)
  • KorkscrewKorkscrew Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I agree with Maneman about the satin pillowcase. Found mine at a local beauty supply store for $5.
  • Tank10Tank10 Posts: 119Registered Users
    I usually wear a skull cap with spandex material. It doesn't take all the oil out my hair and scalp. Regardless of what u do to your hair you have activate your curls in morning. But I find cotton material make your hair dry
  • favoritecolorblufavoritecolorblu Posts: 287Registered Users
    Last night I slept with a scarf on my hair. But I always sleep with a satin pillowcase. I don't like sleeping without something that's not cotton. I have a blanket that isn't cotton but it's not silk and I don't mind it touching my hair.
  • JohariJohari Posts: 673Registered Users
    Your hair may be too long for a durag but there's hair bonnets if that's too much just sleep on a satin or silk pillowcase..sometimes I'm too lazy to get one so I sleep on a polyester or satin gown the ones girls wear to sleep in but I don't suggest that...if its long enough you could get it french braided

Sent from my SPH-M910 using CurlTalk App
  • MidisurfMidisurf Posts: 88Registered Users
    Just sleep normally, tried all the satin pillow cases doesn't make a difference.
    - Nate

Co-wash - Boots / Tresemme Naturals
    Condition - Bodyshop Rainforest / Tresemme Naturals
    Style - Holland and Barrett Aloe Vera gel / Garnier Fructis Camouflage gel
  • jr.mint12jr.mint12 Posts: 101Registered Users
    since my hair is in mini twist ..what ive been doing is using pinapple method and i have a satin pillowcase.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file