How long before you reach your 'go off' level from a Giveaway

psbestpsbest Registered Users Posts: 295
So I won a t-shirt back on the 15th of September from a company and I have not received anything about the t shirt yet. I didn't want to make a big fuss about it being that it was only a t-shirt but my thing is I don't want to forget about the t-shirt being that it is taking this long to actually get it. I have contacted this company or person regarding the t-shirt and all I have gotten are excuses about how they will ship it out asap or they are having some type of issue.

I feel like if you don't have the shirt then just say it plain as day.

I see them tweet and constantly update their fb statuses but never have they once contacted me stating anything concerning the shirt. I am always the one who has to contact them.

My comment on their wall:
"I am highly disappointed in this transaction. I feel like when you do a giveaway you should give the winner their prize in a timely fashion. It has been over a month for a simple t-shirt and every time I ask about the shirt there is always this "I will ship it out asap" or "there is an issue" type of excuse when I am not sure what is really going on. I need to be updated on the prize that I won back on 15th in September."

Twitter
:love1:
Google+: psbest28
Youtube: phyllisa28 or psbest28
:love2: :love2:

Comments

• KandyLandKurlsKandyLandKurls Registered Users Posts: 118
    :( I hope they get it together and send your prize.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]*Natural Childrens Hair Care Blog*
    http://kandylandkurls.blogspot.com
    -Hair Type 3C mixed with 4A-
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I think you have been more than patient. A company shouldn't take its sweet time just because the item you are requesting is from a giveaway. I thought the point of giveaways was to thank your customers, followers, etc. and to let them know that they are appreciated.
  • psbestpsbest Registered Users Posts: 295
    My post on facebook was deleted so I sent an email and they told me to call their cell phone. :? Soooooo ... I called and we nearly spent 15 minutes talking and the lady basically kept talking about her personal life and how she has not sent any of the giveaways out that she has sponsored so I should be patient. She stated that she wanted to protect the companies name so she deleted the comment.
    Just Smile :angel3:

Twitter
  • happyfacehappyface Registered Users Posts: 845
    If she wants to protect the company's name, then she should ship the t-shirt. She shouldnt be sponsoring a giveway if she doesn't have the items ready to ship. I bet she's shipping out t-shirts to paying customers. So she should ship it to you if you won it fair and square. Six weeks to receive your winnings is just ridiculous.
    “Mama says pretty comes in all different sizes. And my size… is cute!” -Honey Boo Boo
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Registered Users Posts: 2,316
    psbest wrote: »
    My post on facebook was deleted so I sent an email and they told me to call their cell phone. :? Soooooo ... I called and we nearly spent 15 minutes talking and the lady basically kept talking about her personal life and how she has not sent any of the giveaways out that she has sponsored so I should be patient. She stated that she wanted to protect the companies name so she deleted the comment.

This makes nooooooooo sense

Curse you iPhone!!!
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • CerendipityCerendipity Registered Users Posts: 5,091 Curl Novice
    is she the owner of the t shirt store or just the person being sponsored for the t shirt?

the reason I asked is because I was sponsored something one time and never received an update on when the owner would ship me my items so i could in turn ship them. I had to eventually come out of my own pocket to give the winners the product.
    is she the owner of the t shirt store or just the person being sponsored for the t shirt?

the reason I asked is because I was sponsored something one time and never received an update on when the owner would ship me my items so i could in turn ship them. I had to eventually come out of my own pocket to give the winners the product.

She is not the owner which I did not know until we talked on the phone. She has had the shirt since I won it and she claims every time that she will ship it out a certain week and never has. Her problem is that she is busy with work, family, and travelling. I am not understanding if you can ship out items people purchase from you, set up meet ups, and have time to contact different vendors about getting products, tweet to other vendors, facebook more giveaways and about different vendors, then you have time to send out a shirt.

She took a picture of the shirt in her own home to make sure I was alright with the way it looked when I won the shirt so she has had it over a month. No excuses can cover this up right now. Once again, she told me to wait until Tuesday and that's when she will ship it out. If I don't get it around that time frame then forget the shirt.

All I ask for is a simple explanation and a couple of updates. It just seems weird to watch that person tweet and update their facebook statues and not contact me about the product. It has only been me for over a month who has to be the one to contact them.

Twitter
  • CerendipityCerendipity Registered Users Posts: 5,091 Curl Novice
    ^ oh yeah thats just funky

Sorry that you have to deal with that.
  • CurlyElectraCurlyElectra Registered Users Posts: 1,145 Curl Neophyte
    I'd put them on blast, then forget about it.
  • JahNaturalDezignJahNaturalDezign Registered Users Posts: 1,160
    I won something from Creme of Nature's FB page about a month ago and I gave them some time because the were doing like 5 giveaways a day for a week. They did post on their wall saying that they haven't forgotten and they were shipping out winnings that following week.

But this is redicilous. She seems to just keep giving excuses.

Sent from my LS670 using CurlTalk App
    I won something from Creme of Nature's FB page about a month ago and I gave them some time because the were doing like 5 giveaways a day for a week. They did post on their wall saying that they haven't forgotten and they were shipping out winnings that following week.

But this is redicilous. She seems to just keep giving excuses.

Sent from my LS670 using CurlTalk App

Exactly. That is understandable but this was/is crazy.

Twitter
  • ebonyrose31626ebonyrose31626 Registered Users Posts: 253
    That is ridiculous.
    She probably decided to keep the shirt for herself...was it one of those natural/nappy blk woman T's?
    4c wiry thick nappy low porosity hair
    Poo: SM black soap
    Rise out/Detangler:
    DC/: Avocado+ oil + Honey
    Spritz: Oyin J&B :love10:
    Moisturizer: OH Dew
    Sealant:BSP/Bask tapioca cream
  • CityGirl81CityGirl81 Registered Users Posts: 418
    WOW! That's horrible! When I won an LA Fitness tweet contest, I got my stuff via FedEx in two days.

Hearing your story makes me weary to enter any more of these types of contest.
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Registered Users Posts: 2,316
    Not trying to rub salt but when I did my giveaway on my yt channel, erm I fedexed that sheamoisture out immediately. I fact I already had it boxed up. I know how crazy my life can get. :: while I still have the money order for my speeding ticket sitting in my glove compartment since sep 2nd and it was due august 31st probably now have a warrant out for my arrest so now I am riding dirty ::

Curse you iPhone!!!
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • happyfacehappyface Registered Users Posts: 845
    gagirl09 wrote: »
    Not trying to rub salt but when I did my giveaway on my yt channel, erm I fedexed that sheamoisture out immediately. I fact I already had it boxed up. I know how crazy my life can get. :: while I still have the money order for my speeding ticket sitting in my glove compartment since sep 2nd and it was due august 31st probably now have a warrant out for my arrest so now I am riding dirty ::

Curse you iPhone!!!

And that's exactly how you should do a giveaway.

...off to subscribe to your blog, youtube channel, or wherever else you host giveaways. LOL.
    “Mama says pretty comes in all different sizes. And my size… is cute!” -Honey Boo Boo
    That is ridiculous.
    She probably decided to keep the shirt for herself...was it one of those natural/nappy blk woman T's?

It was a Jamaican lime-mango t - shirt

Twitter
    CityGirl81 wrote: »
    WOW! That's horrible! When I won an LA Fitness tweet contest, I got my stuff via FedEx in two days.

Hearing your story makes me weary to enter any more of these types of contest.

I have won numerous items and never had this problem at all until now.

Twitter
  • AllycoilsAllycoils Registered Users Posts: 147
    I won a new year's new you giveaway from a salon I frequent. I just got the prize about 2-3 months ago. don't do giveaways unless you can really handle em! ugh, don't understand that.

event.png

Funky 4a
    Fotki link in profile

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file