We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Low porosity on hair w/perm color?

treefrogtreefrog Posts: 19Registered Users
Can hair that is permanently colored have low porosity? It would seem that colored hair would be damaged, and by default be high porosity, or at least normal porosity.

My hair is colored, but when I test porosity in a glass of water, it doesn't sink. I have a more difficult time trying to determine porosity using my fingers along the shaft, because I don't know if is just my fingers - and I don't have anything to compare it to.

My sister also colors her hair, and she says she also has low porosity.

I've never been told that my hair is resistant to color.

I am so uncertain, any thought are greatly appreciated.
2c-3b/fine-med/normal volume/low porosity
*I think (still trying to figure out my hair)

Comments

• Cuban-curl-ECuban-curl-E Posts: 476Registered Users
    I've been regularly coloring and I (used to) flatiron alot and my hair analysis said I have LOW porosity. I too thought it would be damaged and high porosity, normal porosity at best.

Guess that explains why my hair is so resistant to take color. I still don't know what to do with this new information.
    3a/b, fine texture, low porosity, normal elasticity, mod-CG 7/11/11

Poo: KC Come Clean, SM Moisture Retention
    CO: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Renpure Argan Oil, YTCucumbers, Sevi Pumpkin
    Style: AIF, HESMU, Biolage gelee, KCCC
    LOOB for second day hair

Like BS/ACV rinses, limit protein/humectants.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file