Black guys and perms...?

CocoTCocoT Registered Users Posts: 5,330
Apparently, this is trending. Um...:shock: I don't know. I just watched this video Black Boys and Hair. - YouTube and then I searched "black boys and relaxers" on youtube and lots of videos came up.
1st Update on Relaxer for Black Guys (Asian/Visual/Whatever) - YouTube
Black Guy Straight Hair (Tutorial) Short Hairstyles - YouTube
BLACK GUY WITH STRAIGHT HAIR ???!!!! - YouTube
Black Guy with Straight/Asian Hair - Hair Techniques, 1 Year Hair Growth, Biotin Pills - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTmXX9Sny2g&feature=fvwrel

A lot of these videos reference Asians so I guess that's what is motivating this trend. Idk. What do you think about it?
11.gif
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
-Albert Einstein
Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I am so glad I'm married and don't have to worry about running into this new breed of men... I think I'd be done with dating.
  • NinjaretteNinjarette Registered Users Posts: 3,982
    You know...I just...I can't...Whuh? :sad5:
    You are NOT asian, dude.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
  • Jo SomebodyJo Somebody Registered Users Posts: 1,578 Curl Neophyte
    As much as I love anime, a Black guy coming up to me with relaxed hair based on an anime character/Asian drama character is going to be as attractive as a spasticated camel.

Thank God for London boys who don't have time for this crap. Also, thank God I'm too old for boys now anyway and (straight?) men do not have time for this crap.
    My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse. :happy6:

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with! :love8:
    As much as I love anime, a Black guy coming up to me with relaxed hair based on an anime character/Asian drama character is going to be as attractive as a spasticated camel.

Thank God for London boys who don't have time for this crap. Also, thank God I'm too old for boys now anyway and (straight?) men do not have time for this crap.

"Where did my edges go, Emo?"

Betta leave the perms and heat alone, tryna look like Emo.

Ooooh, I don't KNOW...it's too much in one day.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    Curl Junkie, b.a.s.k, Siamese Twists, Bobeam, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Amazing Botanicals, Zuresh, Dabur Vatika, Karen's Body Beautiful, Curls Unleased, Broo, Qhemet Biologics, Signature Texture, Darcy's Botanicals, Shea Moisture
  • ThickHairedQTThickHairedQT Registered Users Posts: 542 Curl Neophyte
    I know a some gay men who relax but they actually pull it off and look hella fly when they get ready for a drag show. With that said, a straight man, to me at least, doesn't look sexy with a relaxer. And I will question whether or not he's hiding in a closet.
  • Chicago KinksChicago Kinks Registered Users Posts: 2,748 Curl Novice
    Uhhh nawl. Im biased, I need a man with a short doo, bald or low fade whatever they call it.

vIa mY cURl TaLk ApP
    **sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.

http://www.platinumpj.com
    http://www.facebook.com/PlatinumPJ
    @PlatinumPJ
    Uhhh nawl. Im biased, I need a man with a short doo, bald or low fade whatever they call it.

vIa mY cURl TaLk ApP

Yep...and I don't like gold "teef" either. :laughing5:
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
  • coilynappcoilynapp Registered Users Posts: 4,233
    Oh no. The last thing we need is black men relaxing their hair...again.
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • happyfacehappyface Registered Users Posts: 845
    Those videos were disturbing. :confused1: :shaking: :ncool: :sad5: :pale:

First it was skinny jeans, now it's relaxers. I guess makeup is next.
    “Mama says pretty comes in all different sizes. And my size… is cute!” -Honey Boo Boo
    Ninjarette wrote: »

vIa mY cURl TaLk ApP

LOL, I wasnt aware they were still doin that....Master P gave it up who is left??

vIa mY cURl TaLk ApP

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.

@PlatinumPJ

vIa mY cURl TaLk ApP

LOL, I wasnt aware they were still doin that....Master P gave it up who is left??

vIa mY cURl TaLk ApP

Naw..it may come back, like black men with perms.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsRcLDc6V7Q
    We live in a strange world, don't we?!

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with! :love8:
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
  • lawlaw Registered Users Posts: 259 Curl Connoisseur
    Ewwwww. I don't think it is attractive or masculine for a man to have permed hair.
    "You Tied that thing up outside?" said Kepler. "What if he got hungry and ate a mailman or a kindergarten class or something? The least you could do is tie a decent knot." Metzger's Dog by Thomas Perry

vIa mY cURl TaLk ApP

Naw..it may come back, like black men with perms.

Don't talk it up, ugh, that phase needs to be erased from the history books.

vIa mY cURl TaLk ApP

@PlatinumPJ

Next? Girl where you been? You've not heard of guyliner?? Unless you mean for Black men, in which case I am thankful that I've yet to see a straight Black man in make-up in every day life.

Next? Girl where you been? You've not heard of guyliner?? Unless you mean for Black men, in which case I am thankful that I've yet to see a straight Black man in make-up in every day life.

No...:sad5:
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:

Yeah. That's how I got to the video that I posted! I was perving...
    I guess I should feel like a hypocrite or something for liking a Japanese guy with dreads, but feeling ill at the sight of Black guys with relaxers, but then again, I'm not saying Black guys shouldn't relax because it's wrong, but just stating that I don't find it attractive.

Jesssssus....wtf is guyliner? Just because it's made for guys? Srsly?

Black men better stay away from that guyliner...:(

Did you go to Google images? It's a certain type of man I guess... :angel3:

• happyfacehappyface Registered Users Posts: 845

guyliner?! I'm done.
    “Mama says pretty comes in all different sizes. And my size… is cute!” -Honey Boo Boo

Yeah. That's how I got to the video that I posted! I was perving...
    I guess I should feel like a hypocrite or something for liking a Japanese guy with dreads, but feeling ill at the sight of Black guys with relaxers, but then again, I'm not saying Black guys shouldn't relax because it's wrong, but just stating that I don't find it attractive.

Well, dreads don't "belong" to black people. Locing is a hair process. All hair will loc, if left uncombed and allowed to mat. Straighter textures take longer, and often need help, to get a more aesthetically pleasing look (to eliminate a "homeless" vibe).

Most of us don't have naturally straight hair. I don't find straight hair on black men attractive. But that's just me. I don't feel like a hypocrite.
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Registered Users Posts: 5,491 Curl Neophyte
    Nothing surprising. Black men were relaxing in the past and now the trend has returned 40+ yrs later. History has a way of repeating itself. It wasn't cute then IMO, and its not now.
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • ttlollattlolla Registered Users Posts: 948 Curl Neophyte
    Ewwww! The whole world has gone crazy .

I did know a guy at my former university with relaxed hair andhe cut it in one of those popular styles . With the extra skinny jeans, he fit right into the ' trendy ' London look.
  • LadyV69LadyV69 Registered Users Posts: 3,397
    I can't. I find it unattractive. I know black men permed their hair 50 or 60 years ago and now they want to do so again? It's bad enough that black women are hooked on creamy crack. Now black men want to get hooked to? And deal with burns and scabs? I can't deal.
    Fine haired, low density, highly porous curly kinky lady
    Last relaxer: Not sure. 3/08 or 4/08
    BC'd: 9/18/09
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals, HEHH, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle, CJ Daily Fix
    Leave-In: KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Stylers: ORS Twist and Loc Gel, KCCC, Ecostyler, SheaMoisture Deep Treatment Masque
    Deep Conditioner: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair, CJ Deep Fix

http://confessionsofladyv69.wordpress.com/
    Imagine a woman with natural hair married to a man with relaxed hair...:lol:
  • KeiLaniKoilsKeiLaniKoils Registered Users Posts: 439

He sure is! I love his facial expressions. *had perverted thoughts when he said he wanted to give me back and front view* :evil5:
    Smacked with a head full of Dreamy tight Coils that refuse to have it any other way... :D
    Finally maintaining a clean, moisturized scalp!
    I'm really getting into my Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil now :love7:
    Here we embrace the disorder of hair product buying

:happy6: GROW NAPS GROW! :happy6:
    Why would I relax all the fabulousness?!
    Inspired by Keenylicious
    I swear the things that catch on in our society...
    never anything with meaning

Inspired by LeeLee

He sure is! I love his facial expressions. *had perverted thoughts when he said he wanted to give me back and front view* :evil5:

*prays for KeiLaniKoils" Lol!

It was so cute, when he said, "Look at my HAIR!"
    Platinum Product Junkies
    The Facebook
    | The Twitter

The Product Lines:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator

Okay, which one of you went over to YT and asked this guy is he blasian? LOL
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Registered Users Posts: 5,491 Curl Neophyte
    coilynapp wrote: »
    Imagine a woman with natural hair married to a man with relaxed hair...:lol:

This reminds me of the scene from MalcolmX when in his early days he was perming, and during that perm his head lit afire and there was no water...

he rinsed in the toilet. LOLOLOL!!!

Malcolm X (No Water) Perm Scene - YouTube

screw that.. I made a gif. LOLOL!!

imager.php?id=3096488&t=o GIFSoup
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4: