We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

What would you do if u had straight hair?

Curly_MariCurly_Mari Posts: 6Registered Users
(If it was naturally straight)
I would cut it like this:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hairstylesidea.info%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2011%2F07%2Frihanna-short-hairstyle-with-bangs.jpg" class="Popup

I have always loved short hair... but I could never cut it like that since I have curly hair. (I like my curls anyways..)
How would you wear your straight hair? :wave:

Comments

• KurlyPrincessKurlyPrincess Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    I would get a super cute cut, and love it at first and then realize it's super boring and want it curly again. haha
    <3 Our love is like the wind; I can't see it. But I can feel it. <3
  • CraftyKellCraftyKell Posts: 78Registered Users
    I would be a much happier person. I just can't accept the way I look with curly hair.
    Hi, I'm Crafty! Howdy, howdy, howdy!

Crafty Kell

www.craftykell.blogspot.com
    Who says you can't make art out of yarn? View C.K.'s blog to see proof!

Crafty Kell's Curls
    www.craftykellscurls.blogspot.com
    Join C.K. as she journals her adventures with her hair.

Crafty Kell on Facebook
    www.facebook.com/craftykell
    Like C.K. on FB if you value the joys of D.I.Y!
  • swansinaprilswansinapril Posts: 117Registered Users
    CraftyKell wrote: »
    I would be a much happier person. I just can't accept the way I look with curly hair.

Same here.
    Very coarse, thick, porous 3B. My biggest challenge is SOFTNESS and SHINE.

Current shampoo: Biosilk w/ added vitamin E
    Current conditioner: Lush Okra :love5:
    Leave-ins: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, KCCC
    CG didn't work for me. Oils don't work for me. Trying hard to learn how to love my hair. Read my blog.
  • ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Aw. :(^
    I would probably think about mine a lot less, but that might become boring very quickly.
  • KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think that if I had straight hair, I'd wish for curly.
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
  • ttlollattlolla Posts: 948Registered Users
    I would spend time and energy trying to make it wavy .... Like I used to do when I chemically straightened my hair
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users
    KurlyKae wrote: »
    I think that if I had straight hair, I'd wish for curly.

+1!! I don't think I'd look good with stick straight hair. ;)

Jen :D

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk App

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2FAfroCurls.wordpress.com" class="Popup
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • LexLionessLexLioness Posts: 70Registered Users
    ^ agreed. Wavies have it the best!!!! Curly or straight, I still wish I had 2C hair.
    type 3a/b, baby fine to medium, normal to high porosity except the canopy which is high.
    -
    recently chopped off about 4" - HOW LIBERATING!!! Learning to love my hair again instead of hating it for being a knotty mess.
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users
    People are never satisfied with what they have.. straight haired people always want curls, and curlies always want straight hair.. *sigh*

I am happy with what nature and my momma gave me though, so if I woke up with straight hair I'd probably be running to the doctor to find out what went wrong.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • proudcurlygirlyproudcurlygirly Posts: 478Registered Users
    :? I just don't have the features for straight hair. It took me having it relaxed to realise that! I look back at pictures of me with straight hair and it just looks 'alien', and hangs like a pair of curtains, plus I feel it actually makes my face look fatter, not a good look, lol! Therefore if I was born with straight hair, I guess curling tongs would become my new best friend!:laughing9:
    :icon_smile: UK Curly
    Curl type : Boticelli, 3a, loose curls
    Porosity : High
    Texture : Fine/medium (I think!)
    Co-wash/rinse out/leave in : L'oreal Full Restore 5, GFR&S, Schwarzkopf Bio Pomegranite
    Gels : Umberto Giannini Flirty Curls Scrunching Jelly
    Finish product : Boots Naked Style Frizz Fighter Serum or a pea-sized blob of condish smoothed over canopy
    CG since Feb 2011
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I'd be sad.:sad7:
  • ttlollattlolla Posts: 948Registered Users
    Use a curling iron to add waves to it
  • viragovirago Posts: 90Registered Users
    I'd cut it like Leonor Scherrer. I'm in love with her style and for me having that cut would be my only salvation.:thumbleft:

leonor-scherrer-looking-goth.jpg
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,983Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'd wear bangs to shorten my longish face which I can't do with curly hair. Also, I'd wear very modern versions of Sassoon type cuts - longer on one side than the other.

I wish I had straight hair - I've seen women with straight hair step out of the shower, towel dry, comb and go. 'Nuf said. :(
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • xocandiixocandii Posts: 94Registered Users Curl Novice

This ^^

I've had my hair curly for four days and I can't get it off my mind how ugly it looks despite what others say. But, I really want my hair to be healthy again.

If I had straight hair, I'd be one of the happiness girls alive. The things I do to my hair now to try and make it silky, I have no doubt I couldn't achieve that with naturally straight hair.

But, of course this would be if I was granted straight hair today and not born with it. If I was born with naturally straight, I'd be one of those people who say how they wished they had curly hair without knowing how frustrating it is.

Sorry for the negative response, I'm just angry that I'm the only one in my family with curly hair :X
    BekkaPoo wrote: »
    People are never satisfied with what they have.. straight haired people always want curls, and curlies always want straight hair.. *sigh*

I am happy with what nature and my momma gave me though, so if I woke up with straight hair I'd probably be running to the doctor to find out what went wrong.

LoL! I know right.

Jen :D

😜🍸Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4 using some CurlTalk app. 😜🍸

• SMILE1234567SMILE1234567 Banned Posts: 70Banned Users
    :? I just don't have the features for straight hair. It took me having it relaxed to realise that! I look back at pictures of me with straight hair and it just looks 'alien', and hangs like a pair of curtains, plus I feel it actually makes my face look fatter, not a good look, lol! Therefore if I was born with straight hair, I guess curling tongs would become my new best friend!:laughing9:

I love your hairproid curly girly. I am type 3 a how do i get ur lovely locks xx
  • CaseyGoNaturalCaseyGoNatural Posts: 145Registered Users
    xocandii wrote: »

This ^^

I've had my hair curly for four days and I can't get it off my mind how ugly it looks despite what others say. But, I really want my hair to be healthy again.

If I had straight hair, I'd be one of the happiness girls alive. The things I do to my hair now to try and make it silky, I have no doubt I couldn't achieve that with naturally straight hair.

But, of course this would be if I was granted straight hair today and not born with it. If I was born with naturally straight, I'd be one of those people who say how they wished they had curly hair without knowing how frustrating it is.

Sorry for the negative response, I'm just angry that I'm the only one in my family with curly hair :X

You should be grateful for what you born with.. people would probably give anything for your curls, curly hair is waaay prettier than damaged straight hair.

Sent from my LG-P509 using CurlTalk App
  • LeeeahLeeeah Posts: 58Registered Users
    This!!!
    lJdfafda.jpg
    I absolutely love short layers and bangs, but even if I had straight hair, I'm not sure if it would look good on me. But I do love that color! :)
    A non-stick straight version that I would love is this /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F_o8UQ2efK4wY%2FTSlFPa6tJoI%2FAAAAAAAAApQ%2FPDGxmgFkCps%2Fs1600%2Fhairstyles-with-bangs5.png" class="Popup
    Too bad my hair would never be that straight at the root.
  • SailaSaila Posts: 1,212Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'd be really bummed, but to make the most of it I would get a super sharp/edgy cut.
  • JohariJohari Posts: 673Registered Users
    Leeeah wrote: »
    This!!!
    lJdfafda.jpg
    I absolutely love short layers and bangs, but even if I had straight hair, I'm not sure if it would look good on me. But I do love that color! :)
    A non-stick straight version that I would love is this /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F_o8UQ2efK4wY%2FTSlFPa6tJoI%2FAAAAAAAAApQ%2FPDGxmgFkCps%2Fs1600%2Fhairstyles-with-bangs5.png" class="Popup

<3 paramore but I could never get my hair that color without damaging it

@}~'~~
  • dededededede Posts: 78Registered Users
    I'd keep it long and layered
    4.5"-5"
    4 months natural
    8 months post
    4a/4b
    My go-to styles: Wash-N-Go Pony puffs
  • CurlyQueen88CurlyQueen88 Posts: 88Registered Users
    I'd have it cut short without a second thought - probably a really short inverted bob. I used to envy my friends at school who would cut their hair off and look amazing.

What about having it relaxed and working some magic with straightening? As long as you look after it (protection, deep conditioning etc and not straightening TOO often - it's ok.) I'm chopping mine off soon and will be using a bit of heat to get the style I want.... And you can get less harsh relaxers now, it's not like it used to be. Curlies have options! More so than straight haired ladies really... more difficult to get unatural curls (that stay!)
  • Noni863Noni863 Posts: 26Registered Users
    Leeeah wrote: »
    This!!!
    lJdfafda.jpg

I totally wish my root of the hair was straight, I was born with naturally straight hair which turned wavy over time. If I had straight hair, I'd be happy, no need to worry about frizz or doing anything after coming out of the shower! :colors: And I'm one of those girls who always dreams/envisions herself dancing under the rain, then my nightmare of having to towel dry, comb, etc. comes alive. :toothy2: Although I do love my waves (when they behave) but like you I wish the root of my hair was naturally straight, then I wouldn't have to tie with a banana clip for some time before it dries.

Off topic: I love these emoticons (I'm sure you can tell) and I saw a dancing under the rain emoticon on someone's signature once although I can't find it. Can someone please tell me how to do it? Thanks.
    From Noni's Wavy Head :coffee:
  • forbeeforbee Posts: 441Registered Users
    I'd find some way to get some volume into it. Some sort of roller set? Braiding it at night? Using a curling iron? Something...straight hair is boring to me. :sad3:
    last relaxer 08/08/09
    all natural since 7/30/10

Shrinkage happens.
  • ChikyuuChikyuu Posts: 268Registered Users
    I'd probably play with it for weeks because I'm not used to it, and get a shorter, choppy layered fringy cut.emo-girl-black-hair.jpg

I have a thing for short emo-ish hair! Im sorry XD Not that I could ever pull it off.
    PhoneCurtainScale.jpgPhoneFrontScale.jpgWEbcamHaircutscale.jpg
    2c or something MODCG Since December 2011!
    New May 20th Routine
    Low-poo:SheaM
    Co-wash:VO5 KiwiLime or VanillaMint
    LI:TN, Regis OliveOil Condish, GVP CB
    Styler: LALSG
    Daily routine: Cleanse, LI, soak with water, scrunch in gel, plop, pixie diffuse, air dry.

• LauraWolfhartLauraWolfhart Posts: 57Registered Users
    Girls with straight hair kill to have naturally curly hair, so if I had straight hair I would probably be the same!

But I would also love to give myself one of those short and spikey haircuts. Doing that with curly hair is just suicidal!!
  • CurlyCutie1394CurlyCutie1394 Posts: 348Registered Users
    I'd curl it everyday I dnt like straight hair on me
  • CuteKinksCuteKinks Posts: 76Registered Users
    I would probably keep it super short. Like almost bald lol.

CuteKinks
    To recap.. I'd curl it. Flat hair... No ma'am. :p

But if I was in the mindset I'm in now I'd embrace it. Try to make it the best it can be. :)

😜🍸Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4 using some CurlTalk app. 😜🍸

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file