2nd day hair! Honey! and my own concoctions...

ItsRainingCurlzItsRainingCurlz Posts: 114Registered Users
Ok so the ever elusive 2nd day hair...:director:I got it!

after doing some research and the pj in me wanting to get my hands on some honey to put in my styling products :|..... I read all about honey giving other curlies definition, some hold and other good things, so i decided to give it a go in my styling products. I keep stressing that out because I HAVE used honey as a DT... I usually mix same parts conditioner and raw honey, with some oov.....heavenly hair. Its also supposed to lighten my hair in the long run, but i've only done it about 3 times so idk about that :P

The Experiment:
made my own spritz and leave in :P:

Spritz:
In a spray bottle, i added some Giovanni tea tree condish, some honey (about two-three tablespoons), a bit of sweet almond oil, and water (more than all these ingredients) shook it all up real good, and voila! a refresher, redefiner, or even leave in....

Leave in:
Not much as my OWN leave in, just took the rest of my karen's body beautiful leave in and added some honey, sweet almond oil in and shook it good, and voila....

Gel:
I added some Honey to my BHRG...

The Results:
after my usual Honey DT, on tuesday night, I added some of my honey boosted leave in, and topped it off with my honey boosted BHRG... and went to sleep, without putting it up, or protecting it at all...in the morning: BEAUTIFUL CURLS. Just to let you know, I AM NOT A PERFECTIONIST when it comes to my hair...I'm happy if i get well defined BIG hair... not too much frizz but i don't freak out when i get some....the only thing i had to touch up was the lower part of my hair, my ends, because i guess i slept on them. but on that wed morning, and the whole day, i rocked my curls... they looked hydrated and silky...just beautiful i couldn't believe it!

so today thursday: i sprayed some of my own spritz, and i still have good hair! FIRST TIME EVER

so, thats what 3rd day hair? I'm saying 2nd day cuz i only spent two days with it....so lets see if i can stretch it out for tomorrow...and if i'll be able to repeat this miracle!
3A Med texture, normal porosity and elasticity
CG since August 2010 and loving it :wink:
Currently loving: Giovanni's tea tree low 'poo(once a week), GVP Conditioning Balm or Nubian Heritage Coconut and Papaya Conditioner, Honey DT's, Honey in my gel:P
Style: Gel Biosilk's Hardrock Gelee(my HG) OR Beyond The Zone Noodle Head Curl Mousse or Alba Botanical Strong Hold Gel

Loves me some VOLUME So no clumps here, Thanks!

Comments

• curliesue_curliesue_ Posts: 3Registered Users
    How much conditioner did you use in the spritz?

I usually make my own spritz with conditioner and water. I may try this with the honey added xx
  • ItsRainingCurlzItsRainingCurlz Posts: 114Registered Users
    ok I thought I should follow up w some pics :P
    Snapshot_20111027_6.jpg

Snapshot_20111027_5.jpgSnapshot_20111027_3.jpg
    Snapshot_20111027.jpg

OK.. enough of my picture whoring...lol just thought you should have some visuals :P
    Currently loving: Giovanni's tea tree low 'poo(once a week), GVP Conditioning Balm or Nubian Heritage Coconut and Papaya Conditioner, Honey DT's, Honey in my gel:P
    Style: Gel Biosilk's Hardrock Gelee(my HG) OR Beyond The Zone Noodle Head Curl Mousse or Alba Botanical Strong Hold Gel

• ItsRainingCurlzItsRainingCurlz Posts: 114Registered Users
    curliesue_ wrote: »
    How much conditioner did you use in the spritz?

I usually make my own spritz with conditioner and water. I may try this with the honey added xx

Guesstimating: about one ounce??? going by the markings on the bottle... I didn't exactly measure it :D

sorry im not able to give you a better answer

• tiama-xtiama-x Posts: 199Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Beautiful hair!!

My daughter has your hair type from what I can see in your pictures and I cannot wait til they get nice and long like yours .. I think I would be a happy mummy if her hair came out as beautiful as yours, I will definitely be keeping your concoction in a safe.
    "2 Something ATM"
    Coarse, Medium- Thick, Normal Porosity
    My Routine
    Low 'Poo: curash soothing oatmeal conditioning shampoo
    RO: tresemme naturals moisturising conditioner
    LI: tresemme naturals/kinky curly knot today
    Seal: mix of shea butter/coconut oil
    Goals
    waist length hair & finding a sexual cheapo leave in conditioner for both me and my daughter
  • proudcurlygirlyproudcurlygirly Posts: 478Registered Users
    :love10: Agreed, you have gorgeous springy curls!!!

Your routine is obviously working wonders!
    :icon_smile: UK Curly
    Curl type : Boticelli, 3a, loose curls
    Porosity : High
    Texture : Fine/medium (I think!)
    Co-wash/rinse out/leave in : L'oreal Full Restore 5, GFR&S, Schwarzkopf Bio Pomegranite
    Gels : Umberto Giannini Flirty Curls Scrunching Jelly
    Finish product : Boots Naked Style Frizz Fighter Serum or a pea-sized blob of condish smoothed over canopy
    CG since Feb 2011
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    I am totally going to try this out. Thanks for the tips!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file