Halloween Hair

I am not sure which forum this belongs in, so general seemed a good idea. My costume for this Halloween is Leela from Futurama. Her outfit is amazingly simple (she wears black pants and white tank top), but I am challenged by the hair, which is PURPLE. My 2 options are:

A) Wear a wig. I am worried my long hair won't fit under a wig nicely, and that it will look stupid.
B) Use color hairspray. Cheaper than an wig, most likely, but very scary, since it will probably have nasty stuff in it. Also, I have no idea how to use it... should my hair be wet? Dry? Styled? Do I use the spray to style it? I have only ever seen people with straight hair use this, and I am worried that with my curls, it will look odd with my brown hair showing around every curve.

I must have this costume for a party Friday night, and have to work Friday day. I am off today, Thursday, although I have non-costume party to go to tonight.
I basically have the next 8 hours to figure this out (and make a Zap Brannigan costume for my hubby lol).

I am extremely open to suggestion on how to pull this off, and will happily take any advice that is offered other than permanently dying my hair (I could not do it because of work, although it would be totally awesome). Thank you in advance for your shared wisdom!
You can't stop my happiness 'cuz I like the way I am! -Hairspray
Dangerously open to product suggestion
3b, thick, angled bob, coarse, low(ish) porosity.
Favs:
Poo (when I get buildup): Bumble&Bumble Curly Shampoo
Lo-poo: L'Oreal EverCurl Cleansing Conditioner
LI: Aveda Be Curly Prep
Stylin': Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer for a natural full-bodied look, SheaMoisture Smoothie for finger curls.

Comments

• missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I used the hairspray type years ago so it may have changed (although I kind of doubt it). It was a LOT like hairspray, as in a PITA to get out. If you use it you might need baking soda to get it out.

There's also this one and I'm tempted to try it because of the glow in the dark but I probably won't because I won't have time. I have no idea what type of delivery it has, there's no info other than ingredients.
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
  • CheetaraCheetara Posts: 2,182Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    3rd option. Get a clip on purple ponytail and maybe use this stuff for your hair? Spiker Colorz Styling Glue, I-C-E Hair Styling Products | Joico Joico is a pretty good brand so hopefully it wouldn't damage your hair.

Forget the hair... how are you planning to do the cyclops eye???
    Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
    2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

Cleansers -
    Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

I live in the NYC area.

• missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Lol, good question Cheetara! I'm curious too.
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
  • JewelCurlsJewelCurls Posts: 191Registered Users
    Since have to have it ready so fast, I was just going to get a formed breath masks, cut it to the appropriate shape, and draw on the pupil with marker. Maybe I'll get some thin pipe cleaners for the lashes. I'll have a partner that can guide me, since I'll be blind if I go like that, or I may cut narrow slits to see through.
    You can't stop my happiness 'cuz I like the way I am! -Hairspray
    Dangerously open to product suggestion
    3b, thick, angled bob, coarse, low(ish) porosity.
    Favs:
    Poo (when I get buildup): Bumble&Bumble Curly Shampoo
    Lo-poo: L'Oreal EverCurl Cleansing Conditioner
    LI: Aveda Be Curly Prep
    Stylin': Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer for a natural full-bodied look, SheaMoisture Smoothie for finger curls.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file