3C gone natural!!

MixxitupMixxitup Posts: 40Registered Users
Okay I just cut my hair so I can go natural, no more relaxers! (whew!) Ho roots are not curly like they use to be, im guessing from the chemicals a different products I used while getting relaxers. Does anyone know the shampoos,conditioners,oils/moisturizer to use on 3C hair types? my hai dry and scalp is flaky sometimes itchy=/ I need something that will reaa my curls when I get them back and something that leaves my hair shiny dry. If you have a routine for 3c hair i'd love to know!Thanks(:

Comments

• curlyenchantedcurlyenchanted Posts: 4Registered Users
    Congrats! I'm not sure if I have 3C or what kind of hair but if it helps, I currently cowash with Tresemme Naturals or Elucence Moisture-Balancing coditioner. Then use a quarter-sized amount of leave-in, and proceed to style with gel and air-dry. For right now I can only do wash and go's because my hair is so short.

Hope that helped!
  • BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Have you checked the stickies at the top of the page?
    Also you could check out www.tightlycurly.com for some basics.

Just remember that everyone's hair is different. Even if it resembles your hair, someone else's haircare routine may or may not work for you. In the end we can give you tips and advice, but you will still have to find out for yourself what does and doesn't work for you.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • ShortndCurlyShortndCurly Posts: 1Registered Users
    I've recently done the big chop and my routine is co wash with 100% extra virgin olive oil on my scalp and hot 6 oil... Wash it out with a little conditioner I the shower once I get out I apply my leave in conditioner (cantu shea butter) put on a processing cap, go to bed, and in the morning I remove the cap and let my hair dry some refresh with some water and apply my eco styler gel to help define my curls and I'm done... Hope this helps :))

Sent from my SGH-T959 using CurlTalk App
  • coco_bunnycoco_bunny Posts: 216Registered Users
    I just started a blog, so I don't have many post yet. But on it I list some of my favorite products and my regimen.

Feel free to take a look :)

brown sugar curl: CURRENT REGIMEN
    BC ~ August 2010 ~ GOAL ~ hip/tail bone length :love4:
    Current Length: 12 inches
    TWO YEARS NATURAL! :occasion1:
    3b/3c VERY naturally porous hair
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MixxitupMixxitup Posts: 40Registered Users
    thanks everyone soo much for your input, very helpful(=
  • Curly_JammyCurly_Jammy Posts: 626Registered Users
    Im 3c and Higly recommend all the products in my siggy.

I have a dry scalp too and the Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo with the pepermint and tea tree oil really helps sooth my sclap.

Also I put Olive oil and a few drops of tea tree oil, in to a dye applicator bottle, to apply oil to my scalp and do scalp massages, it really helps too.
    3c, fine, porous,MBL
    Pre: EVCO Poo: GTTT DC:AO GPB, TJ Nourish Spa+EVOO
    LI: Cantu Shea butter LI, YesToCarrots,(AVJ+H2O) Spritz
    Style: AVG, Eco Seal: Qp Mango & Olive oil, Shea AloeMix

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file