Inspiration!

annayisannayis Registered Users Posts: 7
I've really been considering relaxing my hair. I've been natural for about two years but it's been on my mind. Don't get me wrong I love my natural hair but I see women with long relaxed hair and it seems so manageable. I need some encouragement or something!

Comments

• AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Registered Users Posts: 755
    All I will say is do what makes you happy. Natural hair isn't for everybody, and yes sometimes relaxed hair does seem more manageable but do you really want to go thru the process of relaxing your hair every few mnths and being uncomfortable with the relaxer process? Don't get me wrong your hair can be healthy with a relaxer, but I would give it more thought before a make such a big decision. Good luck

Sent from my DROID3 using CurlTalk App

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
    Products I love:
    Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
    Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
    Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
    Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
    Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
  • ThickHairedQTThickHairedQT Registered Users Posts: 542 Curl Neophyte
    Remember the burns, the scabs/sores, the possible hair breakage, the upkeep every 6-10 weeks, the price of that upkeep(if you go to salons) running from the rain, no going swimming or to the gym, the period where you're due for a touchup and can't scratch your head and all you can do is the pat, but

Relaxed hair can also be healthy. I used to take the upmost care of my relaxed hair, but then I got bored and couldn't afford relaxers anymore, so I'm trying the natural path. Just remember the pros and cons of a relaxer and how they will or will not fit into your lifestyle. There's nothing wrong with change if it is what you want and have thought about it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file