Introducing myself

treefrogtreefrog Posts: 19Registered Users
My sister introduced me to CG, and I have been at it for about 2 months now (didn't buy the book, but just got some basics from her, and then started reading here). My hair looks a lot healthier, and I like how it looks now much more than before. But I still have some frizz, and some times I don't feel like I have as much curl as my hair has the potential for.

I have an appointment to get my hair cut by a curly hair stylist, the weekend after Thanksgiving, so hopefully that will help.

I know that some of the reason my hair may not be as curly as I think it could be, is because I don't want to spend more time than I already do on my hair. So, I don't do any finger styling, I just scrunch in my products, and sometimes plop. On first day hair, I spend a lot of time in the shower conditioning and detangling, and have now started putting LI and curl activator in while in the shower. In order to get to work, I can't take a long time once I am out of the shower too.

I am still experimenting with products, and techniques, and I am hopeful that it will just continue to get better.

I guess I follow a modified CG, since I use a lo-poo occasionally. I have my hair colored, and the first time after getting it colored (after starting CG), I washed with a lo-poo - because I always had noticed that more dye came out of my hair the first time I washed before I started CG, and thought I needed to do so to get that "excess" dye out of my hair. But then I read some things in the hair coloring section, and realized that maybe I was stripping the color by shampooing. So this last time I colored, I only did a co-wash - what do you know - there was no color coming out of my hair :thumright:. So, I am learning new things.

I have been lurking for a while, and I want to thank everyone here for participating, and sharing what works and what doesn't, and things that you each have learned with your own hair. It has really helped me a lot, in understanding what to look for, to find what works for me.
2c-3b/fine-med/normal volume/low porosity
*I think (still trying to figure out my hair)

Comments

• jaybabeex3jaybabeex3 Posts: 192Registered Users
    Welcome :)

Mrs Jones <3
    Sincerly yours,
    Jalissa <3
  • carrielynncarrielynn Posts: 28Registered Users
    Welcome! :wave: I'm a newbie too, and your routine sounds very similar to mine. I don't have much time for styling, so I'm trying to find the perfect combination of products too!
    2b/c, medium-coarse texture, medium porosity, mod-CG
    Mom of 2 little ones trying to find a cheap, easy routine...
    Currently using:
    Lo-poo: SM yucca & baobob
    RO: YTCarrots
    LI: SM milk
    Gel: Tresemme and BRHG
  • mhen76mhen76 Posts: 813Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Welcome, Treefrog! You'll find tons of good info here! Please continue to share what works and what doesn't for you - that's how we learn!
    3B, fine, normal to low porosity
    Modified CG since June 2010
    HGs: FSG, anything with glycerin, Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Curls Like Us cloths, satin pillowcases.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    Welcome to all our new friends! We're so glad you're a part of our community!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file