curlaway ....scam? danger in bottle?!

multiracialcurls89multiracialcurls89 Posts: 204Registered Users
im not sure if i should be posting this is relaxing or hall of shame...but my friend heard me complaining, saying that im tired of spending so much time detangling my hair... i love my hair but yes tangling can be rather tedious. however she is naturally and uses this product
Xenna- Curlaway Directions for Use | Curlaway Curl Relaxer | Natural hair relaxer | Chemical free relaxer | No lye relaxer

she recommended it to me claiming that its all natural and my hair will revert back if i stop using ...basically telling me its not permanent.
however, i looked at the site and it seems a little sketch, what do you guys think?

Thanks!
<A href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"; target=_blank>

event.png
Napptural Anniversary 6/27/08
3c/3b
Hair Loves: EcoStyler Olive Oil Gel, Protein Conditioners
Hair Hates: Sulfates, Daily Hair Drenchings with Water, Gels with alot heavy PVP's

Comments

• BekkaPooBekkaPoo Posts: 3,861Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If it's too good to be true, it probably is. 8) I never heard of this stuff, but meh.. I wouldn't use it even if it were legit.
    "The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
    "...rationality is not necessary to sell things.."
    My staples: Mane n Tail (cowash), Garnier Fructis Sleek n Shine (leave in condish), Grapeseed oil or shea butter (sealing), Organic Root Stimulator Elasticitea (leave-in condish & light hold)
  • LahomajayneLahomajayne Posts: 127Registered Users
    I think most of the before pictures look better than the after pictures.
    Super wavy and wurly curly! Fiii,fairly non-porous, inelastic
    Colorado Curly - low dew points & low humidity!
    Organix Cherry Ginseng and DevaCurl low poo/condish
    KCKT leave in, Naturelle Gel
    Joimist or Aussie Sprunch Spray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have KLINGON HAIR :D

My hair likes IAgirls PT!
    I have celiac disease - no wheat please!
  • curlspeakcurlspeak Posts: 18Registered Users
    back to back henna treatments will loosen your curls. major hang as well. not cassia or amla or indago. it has to be henna. 'course you can mix your henna with any of the above for diff results. check henna for hair forum. choosing to use henna requires lots of research.
  • coco_bunnycoco_bunny Posts: 216Registered Users
    this post sparked my curosity so I looked to see if it's sold in stores.

Found out it's sold at Walgreens, and the ingredients are listed....

Xenna Curlaway Chemical Free Hair Relaxer | Walgreens

There are some fair reviews, and the ingredients don't seem harmful like a relaxer...
    It's says on the website it breaks down the hydrogen bonds, just like what happens when your hair gets wet. So i can see why it's not so harmful. Also the pH is much lower that a relaxer.

I may give it a shot :) i'll post if I do
    BC ~ August 2010 ~ GOAL ~ hip/tail bone length :love4:
    Current Length: 12 inches
    TWO YEARS NATURAL! :occasion1:
    3b/3c VERY naturally porous hair
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BellaAmoreBellaAmore Posts: 253Registered Users
    I don't know I just wouldn't trust the stuff. And I hate how something claims to straighten hair, but hot combing and/or flat ironing is still needed for a polished result. I'm skeptical, I would not use that on my hair. There was this stuff called "diva smooth" I wanted to try months before my big chop, before I even realized I was transitioning to natural hair. Profile - DIVA SMOOTH & MY ALL NATURAL HAIR
    I never did try it, and probably still won't chance it. i think I'm just bored with straight hair, I have been permed forever and I love my hair natural.
    :wav::wav:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file