learning to love my hair...

carrielynncarrielynn Posts: 28Registered Users
Hello everyone! I'm a 28-year-old mom of a 17-month-old who is finally coming to grips with my curly hair. My story: Throughout high school I hated my hair. Really. Hated. It. I knew NO ONE who even had remotely wavy hair. None of my classmates did (if they did, they straightened it. I didn't discover straighteners until late in college). And I wanted their hair. I did everything I could -- the best usually being blow-drying it every morning would give me some semblance of straightness.

In college I met a friend who also had wavy hair. She introduced me to gel. Every so often I would put some super-sticky stuff in my wet hair and blow dry it on low to give myself lots of kinks and curls.

Over the last couple of years I've come to enjoy my hair. I know I'm blessed to be able to decide whether I want really curly hair or somewhat-straight hair. Many people have told me they are jealous of that ability.

Since my daughter was born, I rarely have time for a normal shower, let alone blow-drying my hair every day. This past summer I started getting really frustrated again, not liking the results I got when I just "wash & go." Bad frizzies. Really curly in some spots but not in others. And over last winter (and it's started up again in the last month...) I've come down with what I thought was dandruff but realized it's just dry scalp.

That's how I found this site. I was searching "dandruff vs. dry scalp" and stumbled across a post in this forum. After spending 2 days reading about so many women with hair like mine (I think I'm a 2b/c), I'm SO excited to try some of the tips and methods talked about here!

Thanks for such a great resource! I'm looking forward to meeting many of you! :wave:
2b/c, medium-coarse texture, medium porosity, mod-CG
Mom of 2 little ones trying to find a cheap, easy routine...
Currently using:
Lo-poo: SM yucca & baobob
RO: YTCarrots
LI: SM milk
Gel: Tresemme and BRHG

Comments

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,840Moderators Curl Virtuoso
    What a great post; we're so glad to have you!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • carrielynncarrielynn Posts: 28Registered Users
    Gretchen wrote: »
    What a great post; we're so glad to have you!

Well thank you! :D I'm already learning so much from this site, it's so addictive... ;)
    2b/c, medium-coarse texture, medium porosity, mod-CG
    Mom of 2 little ones trying to find a cheap, easy routine...
    Currently using:
    Lo-poo: SM yucca & baobob
    RO: YTCarrots
    LI: SM milk
    Gel: Tresemme and BRHG

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file