DB Pumpkin Seed Conditioner -vs- AO HSR conditioner

Jo SomebodyJo Somebody Posts: 1,578Registered Users
For the people who have used both, which is better in your opinion and why? I've only used the pumpkin seed condish, and I love it, but I hear such good things about the HSR.

GO! :blob4:
My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse. :happy6:

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with! :love8:

Comments

• wavysuewavysue Posts: 363Registered Users
    They are nothing alike, completely different ingredients. DB is thinner and seems to be tolerated by a variety of hair types in all weather. AOHR thick with no slip, oil heavy and very moisturizing. You gotta have super dry hair to be able to use AOHR some can only use it in drier air and colder months. CJ Curl Rehab is another favorite around here.
    2B waves/ fine-med texture/normal porosity( I think?) trying to figure out my protein needs

AOGPB, SS Caitlins, Garnier Body Boost Condish
    CJ Daily Fix or KC Come Clean
    CJ Curl Fix is true LOVE:compress:
    Love all SS products
    Donna Marie Miragelly & my own FSG
    AG MousseGel
    BRHG
  • Jo SomebodyJo Somebody Posts: 1,578Registered Users
    wavysue wrote: »
    They are nothing alike, completely different ingredients. DB is thinner and seems to be tolerated by a variety of hair types in all weather. AOHR thick with no slip, oil heavy and very moisturizing. You gotta have super dry hair to be able to use AOHR some can only use it in drier air and colder months. CJ Curl Rehab is another favorite around here.

Wow! I can't imagine a conditioner thicker than the pumpkin seed conditioner! :goofy: Hmm, since it is winter, maybe I'll give the AOHR a go. But I'll miss my delicious pumpkin smell... :sad11:

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with! :love8:
  • wavysuewavysue Posts: 363Registered Users
    Why not use them both? Alternate & have the best of both worlds :) There's no rule that says you only have to use one conditioner most people around here use several.
    2B waves/ fine-med texture/normal porosity( I think?) trying to figure out my protein needs

AOGPB, SS Caitlins, Garnier Body Boost Condish
    CJ Daily Fix or KC Come Clean
    CJ Curl Fix is true LOVE:compress:
    Love all SS products
    Donna Marie Miragelly & my own FSG
    AG MousseGel
    BRHG
    wavysue wrote: »
    Why not use them both? Alternate & have the best of both worlds :) There's no rule that says you only have to use one conditioner most people around here use several.

Money. :disgust:

• empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    AOHSR seems to absorb into my hair more than the DB.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
    empressri wrote: »
    AOHSR seems to absorb into my hair more than the DB.

Thanks! Think I'll give the AO a go. :icon_smile:

• ReekyReeky Posts: 1,323Registered Users
    theyre both good.. not exactly alike, since money is the issue id definitely go with the aubrey organics. More product for less money and an equally great performance, esp if ur purchasing from iherb or vitacost its even cheaper. I also like the white camellia & gpb
    dense, fine & porous curls |

Poo/Cowash| Bobeam, V05 Shea Cashmere
    DC| AOGPB, CJ Repair Me, BrownButterBeauty
    RinseOut| Mill Creek Keratin Conditioner, Ology Moisturizing Conditioner
    Leave In| Curl Rehab, Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Moisturizer, CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Moisturize|Oyin Hair Dew, CR Moisture Milk
    Gel| Kiss My Face UMG, Trader Joes Aloe Vera, KCCC
    Sealants| Aloe Juice, Whipped Shea, Cocoa & Mango Butters, Castor, & my Peanut Oil Blend =)
  • CurvyCurlyCurvyCurly Posts: 442Registered Users
    Reeky wrote: »
    theyre both good.. not exactly alike, since money is the issue id definitely go with the aubrey organics. More product for less money and an equally great performance, esp if ur purchasing from iherb or vitacost its even cheaper. I also like the white camellia & gpb

Yep. I agree with Reeky - AOHSR is probably going to be my new staple for winter. Definitely thicker/richer/heavier than Darcy's Pumpkin Seed. I also agree that AOHSR would be more economical; you get more for your money and can get it on the ground in so many places compared to Darcy's.
    (Current Rotation) Shampoo: Trader Joe's TTT, Terressentials, Elucence, Curl Junkie Daily Fix Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Curl Junkie Curl Rehab Leave-in/Moisturizer: Qhemet's BRBC Gel: Tresemme Oils: Grapeseed, jojoba, evoo, sweet almond, castor....BIG CHOPPED AGAIN!
    Thanks ladies! I'm in the UK, so getting either of these products on the ground or from US based online stores isn't really an option, but I'm definitely going with the AOHSR!

• danyel02danyel02 Posts: 156Registered Users
    Do any of you used the DB Pumpkin as I leave-in or is too thick to do so?
    Type: 4a Fine Texture
    CG since 2008 - Life long natural
    Holy Grails
    Cleanser: Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo
    Conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea!
    Leave-ins: Camille Rose Moisture Milk & Almond Jai
    D/T: Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent Treatment
    Protein: Curl Junkie Repair Me
    Butters: Qhemet Amla & Olive, Bask Condensed Custard
    Oils: Coconut & Grapeseed
    danyel02 wrote: »
    Do any of you used the DB Pumpkin as I leave-in or is too thick to do so?

I wouldn't rinse all of it out when I used it to DC. Dunno if that counts!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file