Drugstore CG conditioners??

waterlily716waterlily716 Posts: 781Registered Users
Hi all! Sorry if this is a repeated question, I didn't do extensive searching, but I wanted to not go through old threads since these get reformulated a lot.

Anyways, I was wondering what ya'll's favorite drugstore CG conditioners are? Lately my favorite GF sleek and shine got reformulated to be non-CG, and I'm really lacking conditioner options at the drugstore. There are oodles of CG gels, but I can't seem to find a good conditioner! My favorite is GVP conditioning balm, but I don't have a sally's where I go to school.

So what conditioners can you find at Target, Walmart, or drugstores that are CG? Thanks in advance!
[sigpic][/sigpic]
3a/b low to normal porosity curls
CG method since 2006 @:-)
CO wash: suave naturals coconut
rinse out CO: GVP conditioning balm
stylers: KCNT, CK, jessicurl spiralicious
@waterlily716 on YouTube, FB, & Twitter
Blog: Curls and Blossoms

Comments

• asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Renpure, Yes to Cucumber/Tomatoes, GFTN, Tresemme Naturals, Shea Moisture and of course lighter ones like Suave and V05.

I heard that Wal-greens has its own version of the Biolage conditioner and I know Robin-in-FL uses it. Bioinfusion might be the brand?
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• waterlily716waterlily716 Posts: 781Registered Users
    Renpure, Yes to Cucumber/Tomatoes, GFTN, Tresemme Naturals, Shea Moisture and of course lighter ones like Suave and V05.

I heard that Wal-greens has its own version of the Biolage conditioner and I know Robin-in-FL uses it. Bioinfusion might be the brand?

Thanks! Is shea moisture mainly at target? I need to check that out.

I've tried renpure, yes to carrots, tressemme naturals, and GFTN and they didn't have enough moisture IMHO. Maybe I just have too high of standards lol. But thanks again-- people always ask me for recs on my youtube channel and I've ran out of things to tell them. :)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

• NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    TBH: Generally, these drugstore brands aren't really meant to be used as more than basic cowash/rinseout conditioners (at best). LI's these are not nourishing enough to fit the bill IMHO. If it's real moisture you seek, it's time to upgrade to the local BSS or whole foods in your area so you can try some other on the ground items that may work better like SheaMoisture Shea Butter LI, or GDLI, or AubreyOrganics, Nature's Gate, GVPB, etc.

HTH
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
    TBH: Generally, these drugstore brands aren't really meant to be used as more than basic cowash/rinseout conditioners (at best). LI's these are not nourishing enough to fit the bill IMHO. If it's real moisture you seek, it's time to upgrade to the local BSS or whole foods in your area so you can try some other on the ground items that may work better like SheaMoisture Shea Butter LI, or GDLI, or AubreyOrganics, Nature's Gate, GVPB, etc.

HTH
    You know what, I think you're right. I don't particularly like making that extra stop, but they generally are better and all CG. We have an organic grocery in my town; I'll have to pop over and pick some stuff up. I love AOHR... I just haven't used it in a long time!
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

• jlpmom23jlpmom23 Posts: 755Registered Users
    Not sure if this is an option for you, but Sally's has some really outstanding online deals if you have an address at school that packages can be shipped to. Good discounts and free shipping much of the time. I have a Sally's 4 miles from me, but often buy online for better deals.
  • geckogecko Posts: 313Registered Users
    I have had great results with Yes to Carrots (and twice with Yes to Cucumbers). It is without protein (if you like that sort). It compares favorably to AOHR, GVPCB, and CJCR (though I use a much smaller blob of CJ). I like YTC in high and moderate dew points.

I've heard good things about Renpure (red) from protein-loving thirsty-hair gals. I like AOGPB when I'm in a protein mood or after swimming (though, smell before buying).
    m-c iii-ii | loose spirals with ringlets
  • wavysuewavysue Posts: 363Registered Users
    Garnier Triple Nutrition. It was too heavy for me so might be perfect for you whimway.
    2B waves/ fine-med texture/normal porosity( I think?) trying to figure out my protein needs

AOGPB, SS Caitlins, Garnier Body Boost Condish
    CJ Daily Fix or KC Come Clean
    CJ Curl Fix is true LOVE:compress:
    Love all SS products
    Donna Marie Miragelly & my own FSG
    AG MousseGel
    BRHG
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    whimaway wrote: »

Thanks! Is shea moisture mainly at target? I need to check that out.

I've tried renpure, yes to carrots, tressemme naturals, and GFTN and they didn't have enough moisture IMHO. Maybe I just have too high of standards lol. But thanks again-- people always ask me for recs on my youtube channel and I've ran out of things to tell them. :)

My Target only has the body wash stuff but Wal-greens has the hair stuff!
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

Today I went to our healthy home market. Does anyone else have one of those where they live? But anyways I got nature's gate jojoba conditioner, beautiful curls curl enhancing CO, and beauty without cruelty moisturizing CO. The inner PJ came out lol, but I'm excited to try these out.
    My Target only has the body wash stuff but Wal-greens has the hair stuff!
    Oooh thank you! I am getting to a walgreens soon. :)
    wavysue wrote:
    Garnier Triple Nutrition. It was too heavy for me so might be perfect for you whimway.

I actually thought it was too light. :) I should give it another try though.
    jlpmom23 wrote:
    Not sure if this is an option for you, but Sally's has some really outstanding online deals if you have an address at school that packages can be shipped to. Good discounts and free shipping much of the time. I have a Sally's 4 miles from me, but often buy online for better deals.

Oh, true! I just went to their website to sign up for their newsletter. Thanks for the info.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

• happycurls24happycurls24 Posts: 263Registered Users
    Drugstore Conditioners that are CG:

Garnier has a ton, but they are too light. Tresseme Naturals was also too light for me. I tried Loreal and that was too light. Hmmm... seems to be a pattern here.
    Sometimes I use GVP conditioning balm in the summer.

But what I always go back to is Aussie Moist. I have tried every conditioner in the drugstore. And I do admit I liked Tresseme Moisture but there were too many silicones. I tried HEHH and that was okay for the summer.

Aussie has a silicone but it is the only drugstore condish that not only keeps my hair moisturized and smells good, but it also comes in a big bottle that lasts me awhile.
    Hair Type: 3b /3a?.... medium texture, normal porosity:afro:

Conditioner:
    Aussie Moist

Shampoo: Organix Shampoo

Other products: Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam Mousse, LA looks Sport gel, & whatever is cheapest for a frizz serum.

:blob:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file