About to fall off the no-poo bandwagon!

Hi all I hope someone can help me!

I have been no-poo for about 3 months now and at first there was an improvement, but now my hair seems dry and without definition. My hair wasn't even this lifeless before I started no-poo.

I use superdrug conditioner every other day, apply l'oreal silk and gloss and boots curl creme then plop and diffuse.

I need to keep blow drying due to the kind of work I do and my hair is a mess if I dry overnight.

I am very tempted to go back to shampoo to at least have nice hair for Halloween!

So does my hair just not like no-poo?

Comments

• FmasuhrFmasuhr Registered Users Posts: 1,354 Curl Neophyte
    well if it worked for a bit, i think you need to rotate your condish, some curlies need to rotate that, when there hair has had enough of somthing they need to have another one on hand.

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
    my hair loves conditioner only styling!
    Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
    my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
    :hello1:
  • KurlyPrincessKurlyPrincess Registered Users Posts: 1,847
    no-poo isn't for everyone. I was no-poo for a while and it just didn't work for me. I'm not saying that's what the situation is here...but if shampooing makes our hair look better then I would go back to it. : )
    <3 Our love is like the wind; I can't see it. But I can feel it. <3
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Registered Users Posts: 1,419 Curl Neophyte
    What's in the L'oreal products? Are there cones in them? When doing curly girl you can't use cones because the conditioner can't remove them.

You can go semi curly girl. That's what I'm doing- or thinking of doing. Co-wash for the most part but shampoo about once a month or as needed. :)

Good luck!!

Jen :D

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk App

http://AfroCurls.wordpress.com
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • BlondecurlyBlondecurly Registered Users Posts: 2
    Thanks everyone for replying!

No cones in any of the products I use as far as I can tell. Think I'll maybe try shampooing once and then try continuing for a bit longer with a different conditioner.

Does the shampoo you use once need to have no cones because I think all mine do!?
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Registered Users Posts: 1,419 Curl Neophyte
    I'm no expert, but I imagine it needs to be cone free. However if it's a sulfate shampoo, seems like it wouldn't matter much since you're gonna rinse it out. But I'd say a cone free one would give you a cleaner start. :)

Jen :D

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk App

http://AfroCurls.wordpress.com
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • curly01curly01 Registered Users Posts: 284 Curl Neophyte
    Hi all I hope someone can help me!

I have been no-poo for about 3 months now and at first there was an improvement, but now my hair seems dry and without definition. My hair wasn't even this lifeless before I started no-poo.

I use superdrug conditioner every other day, apply l'oreal silk and gloss and boots curl creme then plop and diffuse.

I need to keep blow drying due to the kind of work I do and my hair is a mess if I dry overnight.

I am very tempted to go back to shampoo to at least have nice hair for Halloween!

So does my hair just not like no-poo?

For me personally, the whole cg or even modified cg just didn't work. I really wanted it to based on the amazing before/after pics posted here, and the great results that many seem to get. I've tried it on and off for almost four years. The first time lasted two years. So I did give it more than enough time. I tried every method, routine, and product that others were having good results with, but nothing gave me the same great results that I was hearing about.
    I've also tried 2 deva cuts, and both were disasters. One I just got recently and I am still struggling with my hair every day because of it. They were both done by stylist who have great reviews on this site.
    Anyway, my point is basically that cg or mod cg is not the best answer for everyone. But congrats to those of you who have had such success!!
  • Jas76Jas76 Registered Users Posts: 2,283 Curl Neophyte
    I would try clarifying first. You could have some build up, which can be caused by things other than cones (oils, and some people feel using the same stuff over and over can build up). You can clarify with a SLS poo, if you want, or mixing baking soda with your co-wash. (be sure to follow up with an ACV rinse.)

Next it could be the protein/moisture balance is off. Without knowing your hair type, etc, it's hard to say. (even knowing it is!)

My hair doesn't like no poo. I have to alternate between low poos and co-washes. I just sort of go with what my hair "wants" or "needs" that day. If it feels gummy or oily, or if it feels over-conditioned or dry, over proteined or under, etc.

Don't feel like strict CG is your only answer. Try mod cg for a while. :)
    2c/3a/3b, Fine/med, Dense, high porous, & normal elas.

Lo-poo - Renpure Keratin, SMR, Giovanni SaS
    clarifying - mix Johnson's H2T with low poo
    Co-wash - Suave Nats. clar. or coco.
    RO - GVPCB, Ion Eff. Care, TN.
    LI - SMR, Cure Care, or RO
    Seal - MO or Jojoba
    DT - + honey, ACV, & EVOO to SM masque & GVPCB
    PT - Gelatin!, CNPF
    Styling - FSG, AIF, BRHG, LALS/PS, GF curl spray gel, SM Souffle/Smoothie, LOOB
    Oils - MO!, EVOO, jojoba, GSO, SM Elixer, EVCO, VO5 Hairdressing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file