CurlTalk

What would be a good fitness goal (other than 5K)?

ursulaursula Posts: 1,461Registered Users
I have a weight loss goal (about 30 more pounds) but I was thinking I might be more motivated if I also had a fitness goal. I would have liked to do something like a 5K, but I have bad knees and don't want to risk running. Can anyone think of another fitness goal I could aim for? TIA!
In search of a lost signature...

Comments

• CheetaraCheetara Posts: 2,182Registered Users
    How about training to do military style pushups? Or maybe just set a goal to do 3 cardio sessions per week with 3 weight lifting sessions?
    Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
    2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

Cleansers -
    Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

I live in the NYC area.

• Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users
    What about biking or swimming distance goals? Those are easier on the joints than running.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPlatinumPJ" class="Popup

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • KitathenaKitathena Posts: 1,666Registered Users
    OP, can you not set a goal for speed walking a 5k? Some of the speed walkers walk faster than a lot of the runners.

You could try a century ride (that's biking 100 miles)

Depending on your area, you might also seem some kayak or canoe races.

You may want to try hiking in certain challenging areas.
    00f0fe4a-6e80-4412-94d4-a8bc465cb7ae_zps1be28d8c.jpg?t=1377261778
    My blogs: NewlyNatural.com
    My fotki pw:hair
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users
    what about a certain number of classes (i.e. zumba, cycle, etc) per week?
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • ursulaursula Posts: 1,461Registered Users
    Oops--I forgot that I started this thread! Thanks for all the feedback, you guys. I definitely think it's a good idea to aim for a certain number of classes or pushups or something like that, but I really wanted something big and exciting. More like a "one-off," something that would give me a sense of accomplishment after doing it once. The bike and swim ideas are more like what I had in mind, but unfortunately I have no experience with biking or swimming.

I think I might go with Kitathena's idea of speed-walking. I've never done that either, though, and it looks kind of goofy to me!
    In search of a lost signature...
  • EvaCurls333EvaCurls333 Posts: 82Registered Users
    My bf, some of my guy friends and I are thinking about forming a team for Tough Mudder! Lol, I have one bad knee but I think with training I should be fine. If not I will be commenting on this later on saying my knee is a mess again. It's very intense but I think I will be able to handle it. I will probably be the only girl on our team which motivates me even more. I know I will break down and cry like a baby when I finish bc it's very challenging. I think the traing alone will be great for me, finishing will just be the cherry on top.
  • DeshawnDeshawn Posts: 7Registered Users
    Yes this is really a big goal but nothing is impossible with the proper workout and exercise with regularly once or twice in a day which will help to reduce and secondly proper low calorie diets which will help to loose weight.......
    Premier Fitness Solutions
    1445 Merchant Dr,
    Algonquin, Illinois,
    USA, 60102-5917
    PHONE# (224) 678-9060