We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

What would be a good fitness goal (other than 5K)?

ursulaursula Posts: 1,461Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I have a weight loss goal (about 30 more pounds) but I was thinking I might be more motivated if I also had a fitness goal. I would have liked to do something like a 5K, but I have bad knees and don't want to risk running. Can anyone think of another fitness goal I could aim for? TIA!
In search of a lost signature...

Comments

• CheetaraCheetara Posts: 2,182Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    How about training to do military style pushups? Or maybe just set a goal to do 3 cardio sessions per week with 3 weight lifting sessions?
    Sort of CG sometimes, but not really
    2B, medium? normal porosity and elasticity?

Cleansers -
    Suave Clarifying, Philosophy Happy Birthday Beautiful

Stylers - BRHG, re:coil, Ion Hairspray

I live in the NYC area.

• Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    What about biking or swimming distance goals? Those are easier on the joints than running.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPlatinumPJ" class="Popup

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • KitathenaKitathena Posts: 1,666Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    OP, can you not set a goal for speed walking a 5k? Some of the speed walkers walk faster than a lot of the runners.

You could try a century ride (that's biking 100 miles)

Depending on your area, you might also seem some kayak or canoe races.

You may want to try hiking in certain challenging areas.
    00f0fe4a-6e80-4412-94d4-a8bc465cb7ae_zps1be28d8c.jpg?t=1377261778
    My blogs: NewlyNatural.com
    My fotki pw:hair
  • luvmylocsluvmylocs Posts: 7,578Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    what about a certain number of classes (i.e. zumba, cycle, etc) per week?
    a dreamy pisces :fish:
    please recycle, it matters...
    i change lives...through fitness
    i'm more relaxed being natural
  • ursulaursula Posts: 1,461Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oops--I forgot that I started this thread! Thanks for all the feedback, you guys. I definitely think it's a good idea to aim for a certain number of classes or pushups or something like that, but I really wanted something big and exciting. More like a "one-off," something that would give me a sense of accomplishment after doing it once. The bike and swim ideas are more like what I had in mind, but unfortunately I have no experience with biking or swimming.

I think I might go with Kitathena's idea of speed-walking. I've never done that either, though, and it looks kind of goofy to me!
    In search of a lost signature...
  • EvaCurls333EvaCurls333 Posts: 82Registered Users
    My bf, some of my guy friends and I are thinking about forming a team for Tough Mudder! Lol, I have one bad knee but I think with training I should be fine. If not I will be commenting on this later on saying my knee is a mess again. It's very intense but I think I will be able to handle it. I will probably be the only girl on our team which motivates me even more. I know I will break down and cry like a baby when I finish bc it's very challenging. I think the traing alone will be great for me, finishing will just be the cherry on top.
  • DeshawnDeshawn Posts: 7Registered Users
    Yes this is really a big goal but nothing is impossible with the proper workout and exercise with regularly once or twice in a day which will help to reduce and secondly proper low calorie diets which will help to loose weight.......
    Premier Fitness Solutions
    1445 Merchant Dr,
    Algonquin, Illinois,
    USA, 60102-5917
    PHONE# (224) 678-9060

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file