Just did Perfection Smooth Out

rovergirlrovergirl Registered Users Posts: 22
Well - I up and did it. I've been CG and babying my hair since July. I'd been trying to find someone that had the Pravana Perfection Smooth Out so I could see results on a 'real person' and no luck.
I'd googled it all I could, watched YouTube stuff on it...

I had it done a few hours ago.
I'm going to wait a day or two until I co-wash it (even though the gal said I could wash it tonight if I wanted to).
I'll report back on results (and I think it's on the product page too - I'll put a review there as well).

I want to wear it curly most of the time - I'm hoping it lives up to its hype and cuts my frizz and I do hope it lengthens my curl pattern a bit.
We'll see.

I do feel kind of guilty looking at it now though - they flat iron it as part of the process. I haven't had it stick straight in forever - it looks weird all straight!

Comments

• Lucky CharmLucky Charm Registered Users Posts: 1,250
    rovergirl wrote: »
    Well - I up and did it. I've been CG and babying my hair since July. I'd been trying to find someone that had the Pravana Perfection Smooth Out so I could see results on a 'real person' and no luck.
    I'd googled it all I could, watched YouTube stuff on it...

I had it done a few hours ago.
    I'm going to wait a day or two until I co-wash it (even though the gal said I could wash it tonight if I wanted to).
    I'll report back on results (and I think it's on the product page too - I'll put a review there as well).

I want to wear it curly most of the time - I'm hoping it lives up to its hype and cuts my frizz and I do hope it lengthens my curl pattern a bit.
    We'll see.

I do feel kind of guilty looking at it now though - they flat iron it as part of the process. I haven't had it stick straight in forever - it looks weird all straight!
    looking forward to your follow up! Please post pics! Where did you have it done and how much did it cost (if you dont mind me asking)?
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
  • rovergirlrovergirl Registered Users Posts: 22
    I just did my first co-wash after having the treatment. I used Suave coconut for the co-wash, and then some Honeysuckle Rose as a leave in and some AnGel.
    The HSR and AnGel had been doing well prior to the Perfection treatment.
    I diffused it about 50% dry.
    It's dry now and I just scrunched it out.
    I like it so far.

As for now it has seemed to take my tight 3B curls (maybe even 3C) - 'corkicelli' from being so tight to a slightly looser shape - if that makes sense.

I also think now that I will need to use less leave-in and gel - my hair feels a bit 'producty' right now whereas before it would have drank up the condish.

Without the Perfection my hair would spring back up about 5" if you pulled a strand down and let it go. It would dry to right above my shoulders. Now it's hanging a little below my shoulders so you can see more of the length that I have in the back - I like that.
    It's done what I wanted - the curl looks calmer and looser but still curly (not straight by a long shot).
    Not sure how many days I'll be able to get before I co-wash again.
    I usually co-wash 2-3x a week.

One thing I know - my bangs (they are long - to about my mouth) aren't nearly as curly as the back and sides of my hair...if I do this again I may ask her to just skip doing them at all.
    So - I'm very pleased.
    I need to remember to do another review after about 8 weeks to report back how it's holding up.

The stylist told me to avoid sulfates - no problem and she said the more often you wash the less time it seems to last. Makes sense.
    We let it process for 15 minutes before she flat-ironed it (which sets it into your hair and finishes the process).

I am in middle TN and this was a small salon - she charged me $75.
    I know places charge a lot more - so call around wherever you are and see if you can get it for less.
    She did not 'throw in' the Pravana shampoo/condish - another lady at the salon does that (and charges more) - fine - I didn't want it.

So far - so good - I'm happy.
    I think this will be super great in the summer with the humidity.

I will try to get some pics - I could never find any pics of what hair looked like air-dried and left curly with this treatment and that got on my nerves!
  • Lucky CharmLucky Charm Registered Users Posts: 1,250
    Oh thanks for the follow up! I'd LOVE to see pictures!! The Pravana artistic director works on Newbury St. in Boston, and thats who I was thinking of going to, but I might look elsewhere. I have 2C-ish waves that I do like... I'm finding my hair somewhat unmanageable because I have a mix of everything on my head, baby fine to very wirey on the crown. Theres just SO much of it, and every day is a mystery as to what it will look like. I definately dont want it straight, but I would be fine with a looser wave if it would be easier for me.

Thanks again for the follow-up, please continue to post updates!!
    - 2C - Coarse Canopy & med/fine underlayers
    - MOP C Hydrating 'poo
    - LOreal Natures Therapy Moisturizing condish, ION Effective Care, Garnier S&S (old formula)
    - treatments: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Repair Me!
    - plopping, diffusing, and clipping the roots
  • rovergirlrovergirl Registered Users Posts: 22
    Would a salon around you be willing to take 5 minutes and do a free consult? Maybe they'd have some before and after pics with someone wearing it curly - that would be nice but they probably won't have those pics - but you could ask.
    I went in a few weeks ago to this salon in my town w/no appointment and just asked if the gal had a second to answer questions about the treatment and look at my hair - she did and that helped me make my mind up.

My 'bangs' were probably a 2C and the Smooth Out took quite a bit of the curl out.
    So if I were you I'd get them to look at your hair and get their thoughts on what impact it would have before you commit.

Since co-washing yesterday and having slept on it now - I will have her not treat my bangs in the future.

I will try to remember to get hubby to take some pics of it and post them this evening.
    I'll try to find some "before" pics - but I probably don't have any that will show what is has done to the back of my head!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file